ADVERTISEMENT

Fresh Hatch Green Chiles

McLovin32

HB Legend
Feb 1, 2008
Just noticed that the Hy Vee up here has mild and hot fresh hatch green chiles available. I've never seen fresh ones up here before, so I immediately got a bit excited. Anyone have any good recipes for these bad boys? Dips, sauces, etc. Anything is appreciated :)

Unless it's from @millah_22 then it's not appreciated and probably worthless

Reactions: GOHOX69
Just noticed that the Hy Vee up here has mild and hot fresh hatch green chiles available. I've never seen fresh ones up here before, so I immediately got a bit excited. Anyone have any good recipes for these bad boys? Dips, sauces, etc. Anything is appreciated :)

Iowans when they hear someone mention "morel mushrooms" and/or "green hatch chiles"

jerk off tv land GIF by #Impastor

• Haha
Reactions: jonesy5960

I like to wood fire roast them and make homemade salsas. I just google one and roll with it. Theyre also good stuffed with crab meat, then roasted. Like a crab cake. Really good in a sauce over chicken enchiladas.

Reactions: McLovin32

I’ve ordered 50 pounds of Hatch chilies some years. There are many recipes on this website

Roast them and make a salsa Verde. Luckys supermarket used to have them and a roaster outside and they would roast and sell them every fall.

Reactions: McLovin32
I’ve ordered 50 pounds of Hatch chilies some years. There are many recipes on this website

Wow man. Thanks for the link. Everything on that site looked amazing and will be trying some of them. Any favorites?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT