ADVERTISEMENT

Friday morning music thread! "Rumours" is just about perfect.

FAUlty Gator

HR Legend
Oct 27, 2017
Threw it on this morning for the ride in with the boys. After the 4th song, my youngest asked if it was their greatest hits because even he had heard them all before. That thing got created while they were all in the middle of break-ups with each other and all kinds of personal stuff happening between them. And you can hear a bunch of it in the lyrics. So goddamned good.

Threw it on this morning for the ride in with the boys. After the 4th song, my youngest asked if it was their greatest hits because even he had heard them all before. That thing got created while they were all in the middle of break-ups with each other and all kinds of personal stuff happening between them. And you can hear a bunch of it in the lyrics. So goddamned good.

Fantastic album! One of my all-time favorites. And like you said, the album was recorded while the band was in complete emotional turmoil, which probably inspired many of the songs.

Reactions: FAUlty Gator

You said "almost perfect". Curious to know what you think could be better?

So was the soundtrack to Saturday Night Fever, but sales doesn't equal quality in my book.
It has been fashionable to beat up on disco and the Bee Gees for 40 years now. I was alive and listening to music at that time. It may not be your cup of tea, but there were some really big hits and some great songs on that soundtrack:

1 Stayin’ Alive – Bee Gees
2 How Deep Is Your Love – Bee Gees
3 Night Fever – Bee Gees
4 More Than A Woman – Bee Gees
5 If I Can’t Have You – Yvonne Elliman
6 A Fifth Of Beethoven – Walter Murphy
7 More Than A Woman – Tavares
8 Manhattan Skyline – David Shire
9 Calypso Breakdown – Ralph MacDonald
10 Night On Disco Mountain – David Shire
11 Open Sesame – Kool and The Gang
12 Jive Talkin’ – Bee Gees
13 You Should Be Dancing (Edit) – Bee Gees
14 Boogie Shoes – KC And The Sunshine Band
15 Salsation – David Shire
16 K-Jee – M.F.S.B.
17 Disco Inferno – The Trammps

Reactions: Finance85

why's that mother****er have a pair of fake testicles dangling there

ADVERTISEMENT