ADVERTISEMENT

Friday Night Lights Highlights...Iowa Made 10 in-state Offers for Class of 2021; 8 have committed

Here is an update to @Blair Sanderson 's list of Iowa's in-state offers in the Class of 2021:

Thomas Fidone
T.J. Bollers
Brody Brecht (Iowa commit)
Max Llewellyn (Iowa commit)
Connor Colby (Iowa commit)
Griffin Liddle (Iowa commit)
Jeff Bowie (Iowa commit)
Jaden Harrell (Iowa commit)
Zach Twedt (Iowa commit)
Cooper DeJean (Iowa commit)

Here is an update to @Blair Sanderson 's list of Iowa's in-state offers in the Class of 2021:

Thomas Fidone
T.J. Bollers
Brody Brecht (Iowa commit)
Max Llewellyn (Iowa commit)
Connor Colby (Iowa commit)
Griffin Liddle (Iowa commit)
Jeff Bowie (Iowa commit)
Jaden Harrell (Iowa commit)
Zach Twedt (Iowa commit)
Cooper DeJean (Iowa commit)
Definitely don't want to sound like the "well we didn't want him anyway" type of guy, but if I were making a top 5 list of in-state guys I would want to get, Bollers would fall just outside of it right now. Fidone is definitely towards the top.

Reactions: not_mantiteo
Bollers is 100% out, but it would be awesome to get Fidone and have 9/10 in-state targets.

If Iowa gets Fidone and gets 9/10 top ten Iowa kids, who knows on Bollers. Bollers could be thinking, "Man, what am I missing? Maybe they know something I have overlooked. I need to reconsider!"

If Iowa gets Fidone and gets 9/10 top ten Iowa kids, who knows on Bollers. Bollers could be thinking, "Man, what am I missing? Maybe they know something I have overlooked. I need to reconsider!"
Ha, well as exciting as that would be, he's pretty much said that he's not coming to Iowa because we don't play the 3-4 defense that he wants to play in. Wisconsin does, so I wouldn't be surprised if he goes there.

Ha, well as exciting as that would be, he's pretty much said that he's not coming to Iowa because we don't play the 3-4 defense that he wants to play in. Wisconsin does, so I wouldn't be surprised if he goes there.

Ya, I hear you. But wouldn't it be cool if we got 10/10 top Iowa kids?

Reactions: not_mantiteo
I don't know what Bollers is possibly thinking. He's a physical speciman for a high schooler, but he's NEVER been dominant in games. In any sport.

Personally, I think he's a head case.

I don't know what Bollers is possibly thinking. He's a physical speciman for a high schooler, but he's NEVER been dominant in games. In any sport.

Personally, I think he's a head case.

On the other hand in the 22' class Graves has been dominate. Plus we got top ranked guy in Ind. according to rivals with Craig in the class prior and Bowie in this one. So losing out on Bollers isn't the end of the world.

On the other hand in the 22' class Graves has been dominate. Plus we got top ranked guy in Ind. according to rivals with Craig in the class prior and Bowie in this one. So losing out on Bollers isn't the end of the world.
Honestly, I'm kind of over him at this point. I would absolutely love to have him on the team, but his attitude sounds so shitty from what I've read about him.

Definitely don't want to sound like the "well we didn't want him anyway" type of guy, but if I were making a top 5 list of in-state guys I would want to get, Bollers would fall just outside of it right now. Fidone is definitely towards the top.
I don't agree with that. The defensive line is always hugely important. But, we will be okay without him.

Count me in the camp that doesn't think Fidone is happening for us. Although it would be hands down the best decision for him, his fandom wins out.

In his defense, if I (or any of you) was a stud WR and had an offer to Iowa or tOSU, I'd have a hard time saying no to Iowa, even though tOSU would certainly be a better opportunity for me.

Hope you are wrong.

Getting 9 of the 10 on the original in-state list sure would look sweet and be a twist of the knife for Debbie and Clown fans.

2022 Tight End from Cedar Rapids.

UPDATE: Iowa State & Michigan State have now offered. Iowa has shown interest. Rivals' FanFutureCast has a 57% chance he ends up at Iowa.

Last edited:
24/7 and Rivals are not showing an Iowa offer.

I think he's saying Iowa "interest".

My bad. He visited Iowa on Sep 7, 2019; Iowa has interest but has not offered.

Only Iowa State and Michigan State have offered.

Rivals does forecast, however, that there's a 57% chance he ends up at Iowa.

My bad. He visited Iowa on Sep 7, 2019; Iowa has interest but has not offered.

Only Iowa State and Michigan State have offered.

Rivals does forecast, however, that there's a 57% chance he ends up at Iowa.
That’s just fan voting and it doesn’t mean anything

In 2019 we had 4 recruits that were Rivals ranked 5.7 or higher. In 2020 we had 6. 2021 so far we have 9. We’re still in on some top talent and the initially higher ranked kids often see the field earlier.

We’ve yet to get someone at 5.5 or lower and years past we’ve had a bunch. Stars aren’t everything, but more important we are getting kids the coaches wanted early on. I like looking at the future through rose colored Hawkeye glasses.

Reactions: naturalmwa
I wouldn’t be surprised either way. Regardless - Hawks have been killing it on TE recruiting. If he joins the TE room, great - if he doesn’t Iowa won’t be hurting. I was talking with a Husker fan buddy and his response was that he should go to Iowa for his position. This is a die hard fan we are talking about also.
i would be surprised if he did not pick Debbie

ADVERTISEMENT