ADVERTISEMENT

Fried Pork Tenderloin, one thing Iowa is the best at

royhobbs2

HR Heisman
Nov 15, 2019
1200px-Pork_tenderloin_sandwich.JPG

This is something I took for granted but having lived in other parts of the country, they don't have fried pork tenderloins. Illinois has them in certain areas, Missouri has them in certain areas but Iowa is the best.

I have even had them shipped frozen when I couldn't get them out of state. Huge, pounded flat with ketchup on a bun.

Last edited:
To my knowledge they originated in Iowa, if you get around Kansas City they start screwing them up, and making them too thick. NW Illinois has the good kind.

This is something I took for granted but having lived in other parts of the country, they don't have fried pork tenderloins. Illinois has them in certain areas, Missouri has them in certain areas but Iowa is the best.

I have even had them shipped frozen when I couldn't get them out of state. Huge, pounded flat with ketchup on a bun.
I'm a no on the crinkle fries but as to that glorious looking tenderloin...
tenor.gif

You don't like crinkle cut fries?? Crinkle cut fries are the best fries.
"Don't like" is going too far but just simple straight cut fries thoroughly fried are the best as I find the crinkle fries are a little too mushy/potatey in the middle. If I can't get those, curly fries like A&W or Arby's are nice.

Reactions: unIowa
That looks fantastic. Haven't seen one of those for 40 years:(

Anybody know where I can get one in Cedar Rapids? Coming back for a wedding in June.....

If you use ketchup, you aren't an Iowan. Real Iowans eat them with yellow mustard, onion and dill pickle slices. The ketchup is for the fries.

Indiana also claims to be the Mecca of breaded pork tenderloin sandwiches.

Seriously, you have the worst food takes of all time.

No wonder you don't like Quad City style pizza. You are a big dummy head!

At least you're sorry. You should be.

I don't understand this! I love tenderloins but I prefer them with the bun, onions, pickles, lettuce and mayo. You really prefer eating a tenderloin plain over a tenderloin with fixins??? Makes no sense to me. I'll cut it in half and double that bitch up on a bun before I eat a straight tenderloin around the edges of the bun.

Man, that looks pretty damn good. I might have to find a recipe and make that.

I don't understand this! I love tenderloins but I prefer them with the bun, onions, pickles, lettuce and mayo. You really prefer eating a tenderloin plain over a tenderloin with fixins??? Makes no sense to me. I'll cut it in half and double that bitch up on a bun before I eat a straight tenderloin around the edges of the bun.
You are complaining about having too much meat. You need to be more like your mom - the more hot pork shoved in the mouth, the better!

Just make your own fresh at home. Slice some tenderloin (I prefer a half-pounder myself), pound it thin, dip in egg wash, cover it in your preferred coating (I prefer panko, but crushed crackers or other breadcrumbs are fine too) fry it in a wide pan of medium heated oil, flip once and keep it in there until nicely browned. Best damn sammich in the world. Ketchup, sliced onions and pickles for my condiments.

I often take the bun and put both halves under the enormous meat slab then devour it using a knife and a fork, like an open faced sandwich. That way I get at least some bun in nearly every bite.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT