ADVERTISEMENT

From a parent

Angie Ayala

As a mother, you send your child to college broken-hearted but excited for your child to show the world how amazing they are. 18 years old and out in the real world. Not expecting red shirt to be pulled. Not expecting an injury in one of the first matches you wrestle. There are so many things athletes, doctors, coaches, and parents are only privileged to know. I am so thankful these coaches have my child’s best interest. I’m sure it wasn’t an easy decision. They of course want to win. I do know that my kid along with all of the other athletes gives their life to the sport. The negative comments I’m sure are from people that have no idea how hard it is. I’m proud to be a part of this team. Go Hawks!

With this in mind, everybody should just stop their bitching and complaining! I find it incredible we have to read something from a parent defending the coaching/training staff and their son. If you read this and have any disagreements you should never consider yourself as a true Hawkeye wrestling fan. I understand the disappointment, but, if things were different this team would have won another Big Ten title and be 3 Time National Champs. Injuries happen and disappointment builds. But don't you ever question the staff concerning the well-being of their athletes. NEVER!
This Gael supports the Dodgers and the Hawkeyes!
Looking forward to watching Drake compete!

Reactions: Jrjt0518
PS: Do you really think she’ll read the thread? I originally posted under the assumption that she wouldn’t put herself through…… this.
Don't know if she reads it or maybe someone relays the info to her or not.

People should post like their own Mom or their daughter were reading their posts and things might be a little bit calmer and cleaner here in our favorite cesspool.

No reason to gross out Mom just because we are too sloppy to form clear, clean, rational thoughts and arguments.

Well said Angie. Unfortunately though, there is a small group on this forum that makes the rest of us look bad.

Webster County Strong Angie. 💪
So she comments on Facebook after a weekend of watching live wrestling in Lincoln and somehow this board is connected? That's one hell of a leap that several have made, and I damn sure dont know how you got there from reading that.

• Haha
Reactions: LIV4GOD and el dub
So she comments on Facebook after a weekend of watching live wrestling in Lincoln and somehow this board is connected? That's one hell of a leap that several have made, and I damn sure dont know how you got there from reading that.
JFMC, I thought I was the only one not getting with the program. They’re gonna be watching you, dude. Prolly be some double secret probation involved for rocking the narrative. Lol

We dealt with the same directly behind us for all of about 20 minutes in the semi round. You can tell these idiots aren’t used to being called on their stupidity or prickness. Grown ass men in their 50’s/60’s Nebraska “fans” also. Cheering against Iowa while not even knowing Nebraska kids were on other mats… They end up agreeing to just cheer for their team and we’d cheer for ours. Absolute low life pukes.

Made Chad Reds tournament, Kaleb vs Robb, and Gomez vs Lovett a lot more f*n though!
I explained this to my wife when we got home Sunday. Nebraska had Schultz wrestling to be the B11G Champ and they could only focus on the Warner match. And the constant cheering for all the other teams.

Half the time they had no idea when their guy won until it was announced. Nebraska fans are more obsessed and praying that Iowa loses vs. their guy winning, shows what a sad state this world is in.

Nebraska Fans = Worst in the BiG!

I explained this to my wife when we got home Sunday. Nebraska had Schultz wrestling to be the B11G Champ and they could only focus on the Warner match. And the constant cheering for all the other teams.

Half the time they had no idea when their guy won until it was announced. Nebraska fans are more obsessed and praying that Iowa loses vs. their guy winning, shows what a sad state this world is in.

Nebraska Fans = Worst in the BiG!
Have you sat by Minnesota fans? Tough to crown either of them the worst fans, since we're into giving multiple people awards now, might as well just give it to both fanbases 😅

Have you sat by Minnesota fans? Tough to crown either of them the worst fans, since we're into giving multiple people awards now, might as well just give it to both fanbases 😅
Agreed. My bias also goes towards football, which can probably be said for Minnesota too. Guess Minnesota doesn't still think it is 1960.

ADVERTISEMENT