ADVERTISEMENT

From ESPN blog

Titanhawk2

HB Legend
Jul 14, 2011
Top 10 things to happen in the second half of the season:

2. Iowa will beat Nebraska in the final seconds of its season finale to complete its first undefeated regular season since 1922.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/125649/10-b1g-things-to-expect-in-the-second-half-of-2015

2. Iowa will beat Nebraska in the final seconds of its season finale to complete its first undefeated regular season since 1922. The Hawkeyes (7-0) have four winnable games remaining, against Maryland, Indiana, Minnesota and Purdue, before traveling to Lincoln. Even without stars Drew Ott and Jordan Canzeri, they should be favored from here on out.

3. Speaking of Iowa, starting quarterback C.J. Beathard will barely beat out former teammate Jake Rudock by reaching 3,000 passing yards. Beathard took the starting job from Rudock, who is now starting at Michigan, at the end of the 2014 season. Rudock has helped Michigan to a 5-2 record, but sits 112 yards behind Beathard and isn’t likely to catch up with more challenging defenses ahead on his schedule.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/125649/10-b1g-things-to-expect-in-the-second-half-of-2015

2. Iowa will beat Nebraska in the final seconds of its season finale to complete its first undefeated regular season since 1922. The Hawkeyes (7-0) have four winnable games remaining, against Maryland, Indiana, Minnesota and Purdue, before traveling to Lincoln. Even without stars Drew Ott and Jordan Canzeri, they should be favored from here on out.

3. Speaking of Iowa, starting quarterback C.J. Beathard will barely beat out former teammate Jake Rudock by reaching 3,000 passing yards. Beathard took the starting job from Rudock, who is now starting at Michigan, at the end of the 2014 season. Rudock has helped Michigan to a 5-2 record, but sits 112 yards behind Beathard and isn’t likely to catch up with more challenging defenses ahead on his schedule.

No offense to Jake but I will take a 65% healthy C.J. over a 100% Jake.

#2 is a bold statement, the next two games concern me a lot mainly due to their O's vs our D. However, Minnesota and Purdue will come to play AND Nebraska will be tough/hungry coming off of a bye week.

Floor=10 wins
Ceiling=Obvious

Trap Game=Minny

IMO, they're all "trap games" now. We've forgotten how it feels as fans, but we're the bully again (for the teams left on our schedule). Any team on our schedule would love to spoil our season and they're all capable if we don't "bring it" the way we have so far. Some of them might beat us even if we do bring it. I don't know if we can play better than we played last Saturday, but we'll probably need to learn how to if we want to spring an upset in Indy. Let's just enjoy it for what it's been so far. I was born in '89; I've rarely taken ISU for granted. There have been more satisfying wins over Wisconsin, but this one felt like Jason Manson Syracuse game. I've never been so excited to beat both Illinois and Northwestern.

Not to be a dick but we know you're concerned. You've said it in like ten threads.

No it's OK. This is what he does. Start 9 different threads, post in 8 others the same thing. The best week was when we got em banned for not following simple instructions like post in the game thread during the game instead of creating a new thread after every play. Seems like someone needs a reminder.

Buuuuut I thought we were disrespected by the national media????

No, you didn't think that. Your sarcasm will not land favorably here. I'm sure it kills at dinner parties. But that's just my prediction, I've no inside information nor any sources I can count on my hand. Try some penance. Not an apology, just a sincere "I've thought way too much of my snore-coast adventures and I'm done trying to impress a crowd that doesn't care."

Reactions: BuckRussel
#2 is a bold statement, the next two games concern me a lot mainly due to their O's vs our D. However, Minnesota and Purdue will come to play AND Nebraska will be tough/hungry coming off of a bye week.
Or how about we go to Lincoln looking to prove we are the better team after last year's f***ing debacle that never should've happened......................

We could do that as well.

We will be Minnesota's superbowl as they will have to struggle to get their fifth win. Probably the same for Nebraska. They will both be hoping to salvage miserable seasons by spoiling ours. I really want to see the Hawks step on both of their throats after last year.

Nebraska will be a much better team by the time we play them. That guy can coach and it's starting to show. With all that being said, one game at a time gentlemen.

Little known fact about Nebraska - they're not sitting on the kind of talent that Michigan was when Harbaugh got there. Sure they have something probably not dissimilar with what we have but It will be next year before Reilly really optimistically has a shot at getting it going. If we don't go in there and win, it will be an upset.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT