ADVERTISEMENT

From The Washington Post

And what did you really think the position of the Washington Post was going to be? They don’t give a damn about people losing businesses, jobs etc. Did you read the article about all the shootings in Chicago, Baltimore etc.? No, because there was no article. Did they detail how many young children have been murdered in the last 30 days? No, because there was no article. Oh wait, it’s impossible to by a gun in Chicago. Gangs traffic guns because it is big revenue. Do you think they are worried about obtaining a gun permit? Cut to the chase here, the people running the BIG Conference have turned it into a “Rudderless Ship”.

And what did you really think the position of the Washington Post was going to be? They don’t give a damn about people losing businesses, jobs etc. Did you read the article about all the shootings in Chicago, Baltimore etc.? No, because there was no article. Did they detail how many young children have been murdered in the last 30 days? No, because there was no article. Oh wait, it’s impossible to by a gun in Chicago. Gangs traffic guns because it is big revenue. Do you think they are worried about obtaining a gun permit? Cut to the chase here, the people running the BIG Conference have turned it into a “Rudderless Ship”.
Agree

Double internet fist-bump, my friend!

Nobody said that but there’s a reason it’s known as The Washington Compost.
What is the latest scoop from Q? I haven’t been keeping up, and I need to know which celebrity is drinking children’s blood. I’d wait for OANN to report it, but their always a week behind, and forget Fox. They have become more fake than the Washington compost, and the New York Fake Times.

P.S. Eff the USPS!

#nomoreBS

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
Curious what people’s issues were with the article? I love CFB, but the author isn’t wrong. His main point is CFB is a multi-billion dollar industry on the backs of poorly compensated kids. He’s right. There really isn’t an argument against it.

Reactions: papabeef
didn't read the article but last I heard, the WP was far right.

Correct? ;)

So, "God" decides he's going to end the Earth as we know it...wipe out everything. He sends that message to all the major media and says they have 24 hours.. The next morning the headlines are this...

USA Today: We're toast! charts and graphs on page 3

Wall Street Journal: The biggest crash ever, markets to close early.

New York Times: End of the world tomorrow. Minorities and women hardest hit.

The New York Times printed the Pentagon Papers. (Look it up.)

The Washington Post reporters Woodward and Bernstein brought down that president who, it turned out, actually was a crook and liar, Republican Richard Nixon. It was a thing called Watergate, and it pales in comparison to the multitude of transgressions carried out by the current administration, including the fake president's admission that, to try to avoid losing the election, he wants to destroy the US Postal Service that has been operating for 245 years.

The fake president has said that if people are allowed to vote by mail, so many people will vote that he'll lose the election, so no more mail for you.

Thomas Jefferson said that if he had to choose between having a government or having newspapers, he'd take newspapers every time. (Again, look it up.) And that's why the free press is protected by the First Amendment, although it also has been under daily attack by the current administration.

BTW: I don't know if it's true, but some people have said Trump Jr. used to be a girl. Interesting. I can't confirm it. It's just something I've heard.

The Washington Post reporters Woodward and Bernstein brought down that president who, it turned out, actually was a crook and liar, Republican Richard Nixon. It was a thing called Watergate, and it pales in comparison to the multitude of transgressions carried out by the current administration, including the fake president's admission that, to try to avoid losing the election, he wants to destroy the US Postal Service that has been operating for 245 years.

The fake president has said that if people are allowed to vote by mail, so many people will vote that he'll lose the election, so no more mail for you.

Thomas Jefferson said that if he had to choose between having a government or having newspapers, he'd take newspapers every time. (Again, look it up.) And that's why the free press is protected by the First Amendment, although it also has been under daily attack by the current administration.

BTW: I don't know if it's true, but some people have said Trump Jr. used to be a girl. Interesting. I can't confirm it. It's just something I've heard.

You're truly an idiot

Once upon a time, I considered some of your posts to have value. Long gone. Surprised you didn't mentioned he was impeached (by illegal spying and proven lies). Good job. :rolleyes:

1. The WaPo and Times were much different publications then. 95% of what the Post reports in politics now wouldn't have passed the two-source test the post used then. Your statement about Trump Jr. would be reported there now.

2. Like a lot of people, you omit the next sentence in TJ's statement. He said his endorsement was contingent on every person being able to read and understand the press. Moreover, he made the statement before he got heavily involved in elective politics. Later, he said, “Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper.”

You should run with that last one. It removes any remaining doubt about you.

You're truly an idiot

I don't advocate name-calling, but when the loafer fits so perfectly....

The Washington Post is majority owned by Bezos and run by agenda-driven editors--a long, long way removed from the "All The President's Men" days.
The New York Times has been exposed time and time again, and is no longer the Gray Lady of journalism.
Yes, I am conservative, but prefer the truth no matter what it says. I don't look for information that simply matches up to what I want to hear. I enjoy "debating/discussing" all day long as long as the people involved are doing it using factual information and with the intention/willingness to learn--otherwise there is no point. There is misinformation available from every perspective of the political spectrum. The job--dare I say DUTY--of the citizenry is to find the truth and force the media to report it correctly. The old journalists had their beliefs/leanings, but knew they had a job to do and to do it fairly. Today's journalists don't want to report the news--they want to either create it or shape it to fit their agendas. There are a handful of good ones, yet, but they aren't at The Compost, or The Slimes, or Qanon (or whatever it's called).

I think a lot of people confuse bias and fake. There is no such thing as unbiased human reporting. The Times and the Post are not fake, but they are without a doubt biased. NPR is biased, but I am getting a ton of truth.

I am completely serious when I say this. Where are some of you getting all of the facts? It’s fairly easy to read a story as factual, but sniff out the bias. Where are all the straight shooters who aren’t trying mold me to their world view?...other than on HR, of course.

Once upon a time, I considered some of your posts to have value. Long gone. Surprised you didn't mentioned he was impeached (by illegal spying and proven lies). Good job. :rolleyes:
Oh yeah... the President of the United States... Donald Trump... was legally impeached by the United States House of Representatives, following the laws of the US Constitution. Look it up. I don't think Fake Fox News covered it. Just the third time ever a President has been impeached for crimes against the Constitution. Impeached. In the books. History.

Curious what people’s issues were with the article? I love CFB, but the author isn’t wrong. His main point is CFB is a multi-billion dollar industry on the backs of poorly compensated kids. He’s right. There really isn’t an argument against it.

You could basically say that about any industry we all work for. Big tech, oil, pharmaceutical, clothing and so on. We all work for pennies compared to what the exec's for these big corporations make every year. I guess the NCAA is just getting these kids ready for reality. That is if they dont make the pros and end up making millions. One could argue public colleges should cut costs as well as pay less to college administrators and professors so the students dont end up with 40-50 grand of debt.

Oh yeah... the President of the United States... Donald Trump... was legally impeached by the United States House of Representatives, following the laws of the US Constitution. Look it up. I don't think Fake Fox News covered it. Just the third time ever a President has been impeached for crimes against the Constitution. Impeached. In the books. History.

Trump was impeached in a partisan spectacle. No actual crime was alleged. Not a single republican voted for impeachment. In contrast 31 Democrats voted to impeach Clinton and 11 felonies were alleged. He eventually gave up his law license. A rapist and likely pedophile. To think he could be living in the White House right now. And now an FBI lawyer working for Comey pleads guilty to falsifying documents to spy on an American citizen in the Russia collusion hoax. Maybe you didn’t know that since the media, the propaganda arm of the Democratic Party, mostly failed to report it.

They're not supposed to be compensated...they are amatures. That said, they generally get a couple hundred thousand dollars in tuition and benefits. The average student would do dang near anything for that kind of "non-compensation".

Quit trying to paint these players as victims. Playing football is entirely voluntary and for the vast majority of kids has little do with planning an NFL future. Universities make money from Grad students doing research and assisting with making scientific breakthroughs...should we pay each grad student huge amounts of money. The truth is, for the grad student and the player, what they do is in the form of a modern day apprenticeship...learning is your pay.

The NYT and WAPO are highly factual news outlets. That is based off of multiple fact checking companies... We are not talking Fox News here, where biased & fake news is blasted out numerous times a day. And some times multiple times an hour.

But I digress... Best move this thread to another forum.

I think a lot of people confuse bias and fake. There is no such thing as unbiased human reporting. The Times and the Post are not fake, but they are without a doubt biased. NPR is biased, but I am getting a ton of truth.

I am completely serious when I say this. Where are some of you getting all of the facts? It’s fairly easy to read a story as factual, but sniff out the bias. Where are all the straight shooters who aren’t trying mold me to their world view?...other than on HR, of course.

The NYT and WAPO are highly factual news outlets. That is based off of multiple fact checking companies... We are not talking Fox News here, where biased & fake news is blasted out numerous times a day. And some times multiple times an hour.

If you actually believe that, you’re living in a deep fog. The NYT and WAPO are essentially Pravda and Izvestia....propagandists who; select only the facts that support the confirmation bias of the left, fire anyone in the editorial room who dissents from the Party line, and propagate outright lies and false narratives such as the Russian collusion hoax.

You need to wake up and step outside the fogged bubble you’re in. And I say that as someone who regularly reads the NYT and WAPO...and their attached TV network CNN.

Lol, omg you are delirious

Speaking of something to which Watergate pales in comparison...
How about a party paying foreign intelligence to come up with a phony dossier, and use that to lie to FISA court to obtain a warrant to spy on political enemies, ultimately leading to an impeachment based on nothing but falsehoods. Pretty much the ultimate in corruption.

And take your political bs to where it belongs. Can't believe you haven't been banned yet for your constant breaking of rules here.

Absolute objectivity is impossible with humans. But striving for objectivity and transparency are at the foundation of ethical journalism.That's why things like professional ethics and guidelines are so important. When those go out the window...credibility shrivels and dies.

I recall a piece written by a University of Missouri journalism professor upon his retirement several years ago. In the college of journalism they did an annual questionnaire of incoming journalism candidates. One of the key questions was "Why did you choose this profession?".

In the 70s, 80s and early 90s the most common answers were things like "I believe people have a right to know" or "I want to get to the truth" or "Journalism is an important check and balance for our Government".

Somewhere in the mid/late 90s the most common answers began to shift to things like "I want to change the world", "I want to make a difference", etc.

If you can't see the contrast there, no explanation will suffice. If you do, none is needed.

Trump was impeached in a partisan spectacle. No actual crime was alleged. Not a single republican voted for impeachment. In contrast 31 Democrats voted to impeach Clinton and 11 felonies were alleged. He eventually gave up his law license. A rapist and likely pedophile. To think he could be living in the White House right now. And now an FBI lawyer working for Comey pleads guilty to falsifying documents to spy on an American citizen in the Russia collusion hoax. Maybe you didn’t know that since the media, the propaganda arm of the Democratic Party, mostly failed to report it.

Who cares about your opinion on Clinton and his impeachment? Apples & oranges, other than both live in infamy as impeached presidents. FACT: No matter how you whine and try to spin it, Trump goes down in history as impeached... no matter how much you try to use excuses to spin it to say it ain't so. Impeached. History forever. And totally deserved.

And now members of the FBI are being indicted for falsifying documents and other activities which have proven no collusion with Russia and clearly suggest it was an effort, promulgated in the WH, to deligitimize the Trump president before he ever took office.

There is so much wrong with your statement but there is not enough time or room for a long enough post to counteract this. Suffice it to say, the impeachment of the current President was legal, warranted, and unsuccessful because the Republican led Senate is too afraid of the President and his electoral base. Do some basic research with an open mind next time please.

Have you been "protesting" in Portland?
You seem to have been dropped on your head as a baby like many of those "peaceful protesters" .

Speaking of something to which Watergate pales in comparison...
How about a party paying foreign intelligence to come up with a phony dossier, and use that to lie to FISA court to obtain a warrant to spy on political enemies, ultimately leading to an impeachment based on nothing but falsehoods. Pretty much the ultimate in corruption.

And take your political bs to where it belongs. Can't believe you haven't been banned yet for your constant breaking of rules here.
Do you have any proof of this, or is this just your(and FOXNews) delusion? I mean, I hear this baseless accusation thrown out time and again by Trumptards, but there is never any real evidence.

ADVERTISEMENT