ADVERTISEMENT

Frost On The Verge Of Tears After The Loss Today

“Iowa does the little things right” Frost said. They are a mature program.

yet we have the fifth youngest team in the NCAA.

it is culture, instilled by the coach, and careful evaluation and selection of recruits. None of which Frost does well.

I think what Frost meant with that quote is you have a coach who is in what, his 22nd year......Iowa is mature in that they have a program built, defined and an established way of doing things.

By what metric does Iowa have the 5th youngest team in the NCAA? Total players on roster, players actually contributing? Just curious. Nebraska also is pretty young, playing a ton of younger players.

“Iowa does the little things right” Frost said. They are a mature program.

yet we have the fifth youngest team in the NCAA.

it is culture, instilled by the coach, and careful evaluation and selection of recruits. None of which Frost does well.
Ferentz has coached college & NFL & when he takes shots like this, the so called media in Nebraska should pay attn.

ALSO, Frost is still talking about the culture he inherited from Mike Riley. Mike Riley left 3 YRS AGO. When does Frost take ownership of HIS FAILURE? When is it his fault & not Mike Riley's?

Talk is cheap and that is all Frost seems to do. Player discipline still an issue in year three? Look in the mirror for whose fault that is, Scott.

I've been going to games at Kinnick for 40 years and I've never seen an opponent talk more trash and instigate more shit that Nebraska in 2018, and they were 4-7 at the time. That's on you, coach. Not going to turn it around with that crap going on in your program.

Quit talking and get to work.

correct me if i am wrong, but Scott had all the leverage when he was at UCF & Debbie was after him; he talked about how UCF was a great place & he had a newborn coming. Debbie was all in on Frosty. Frosty therefore could demand such a crazy ass contract
You are correct, but I'm talking about the contract extension he got last year after the first two losing seasons. The current AD might get pushed out before Frost does.

I think what Frost meant with that quote is you have a coach who is in what, his 22nd year......Iowa is mature in that they have a program built, defined and an established way of doing things.

By what metric does Iowa have the 5th youngest team in the NCAA? Total players on roster, players actually contributing? Just curious. Nebraska also is pretty young, playing a ton of younger players.

Come on Fidone...Too*

Lol at “Husker Wave” finding hope in offensive stats/rankings. They still are not getting it...

Ferentz has coached college & NFL & when he takes shots like this, the so called media in Nebraska should pay attn.

ALSO, Frost is still talking about the culture he inherited from Mike Riley. Mike Riley left 3 YRS AGO. When does Frost take ownership of HIS FAILURE? When is it his fault & not Mike Riley's?

Oh for sure....the blame game is wearing thin on everyone. He's three years in, has nothing to do with Riley anymore.

Oh for sure....the blame game is wearing thin on everyone. He's three years in, has nothing to do with Riley anymore.

It's become obvious that he caught lightning in a bottle at UCF in 2017. It was a one off that's not happening again.

I'm still curious though at what metric is Iowa the "5th youngest team" in FBS?

I don't know who made up the criteria for the metric, but I think it is the percentage of the roster made up of freshman, redshirt freshman and sophomores.

To be honest I never understood why they got rid of Pelini. I really hated that guy but he was a pretty damn good coach. It felt like his teams just had more upside. Anyway, whatever, the goal is and always has been beating and competing with Wisky in my opinion.
He had some spectacular losses in some big games, but I think he might have overcome that eventually. His teams were tougher and I agree they had more upside. The entitled and arrogant fans took their toll on him, though. I'm glad they fired him, cuz it's led to some really good times.

He had some spectacular losses in some big games, but I think he might have overcome that eventually. His teams were tougher and I agree they had more upside. The entitled and arrogant fans took their toll on him, though. I'm glad they fired him, cuz it's led to some really good times.

Pelini beat the mediocre and bottom-level teams....he consistently did that. He was outcoached big time in games against teams that had a pulse, especially the upper-tier teams. He didn't like to recruit, and that was really going downhill.....his best teams were teams full of Callahan recruits. His personality and antics rubbed a lot of folks the wrong way. His attitude and demeanor are the biggest factors of what did him in at Nebraska.

Reactions: pahawk68
Let’s also keep in mind that Husker Nation declared their win over Penn State two weeks ago as Frost’s hallmark victory to date. That’s an embarrassingly low standard.

well looking at his 10 wins not much to celebrate. Only 3 teams have had a winning record. All came in 18’ with Mich St 7-6, Minnesota 7-6 and Bethun-cookman 7-5. I guess they beat a 6-6 Illinois team last year that lost its bowl game and was 6-7. Penn st sounds good until you realize they are 0-5 and may get first W vs Michigan today.

Reactions: Obviously Oblivious
What they said is that they may try to avoid rematches. What that means is wisconsin will play a weaker team and iowa will play a tougher team.
My bad then, I thought they had said they would not schedule rematches......

I might be wrong but he could instill discipline tomorrow. It doesn't take three years, or three months or even weeks.
^^^ THIS ^^^
How difficult is it for the head coach to say, “We’re about to study film of yesterday’s loss. Any knucklehead seen talking trash to the opponent during yet another embarrassing blowout will be running steps until he pukes.”?

Reactions: anon_8rcdnbko1jbe0

Based on grammar alone, Fidone will be a great fit at Nebraska.

Pelini beat the mediocre and bottom-level teams....he consistently did that. He was outcoached big time in games against teams that had a pulse, especially the upper-tier teams. He didn't like to recruit, and that was really going downhill.....his best teams were teams full of Callahan recruits. His personality and antics rubbed a lot of folks the wrong way. His attitude and demeanor are the biggest factors of what did him in at Nebraska.

Carl didn’t help the cause either

The KF vs Frost starts are in no way comparable. When KF took over the cupboards were nearly bare. Riley sucked at Nebraska ... one thing he didn’t suck at was recruiting. Much more talent to work with than what Ferentz had year 1-3

Almost none of the Riley recruits stuck around though. Depth was really, really thin when Frost got started.

I understand some transferred. But, then why does Frosty throw them under the bus so much. Riley could flat recruit.

Good question. I do think the attitude and work ethic in the locker room was poor when he arrived. But now its just a tired old excuse.....it's his team and his program now.

Reactions: thecarls
Agreed, I think he’s a talented young coach. His excuses tho have to get old as a fan. At some point he has to point at the man in the mirror and evaluate.

Agreed, I think he’s a talented young coach. His excuses tho have to get old as a fan. At some point he has to point at the man in the mirror and evaluate.

Time will tell....I think he CAN BE a good play caller and offensive coordinator. I think all the other stuff is overwhelming him right now.

It took Ferentz 4 yrs. to start turning the Iowa program around.
Ferentz had the program moving in the right direction halfway through his second year.....the third year he was Alomo Bowl bound and bowl winner...years 4-5-6 it was full speed ahead.
I remember watching a Iowa play Kansas St in year two at KC thinking...” damn...this team is a helluva lot better than the past 3 teams”...

The KF vs Frost starts are in no way comparable. When KF took over the cupboards were nearly bare. Riley sucked at Nebraska ... one thing he didn’t suck at was recruiting. Much more talent to work with than what Ferentz had year 1-3

It’s funny not even the KF to Frost comparison but UCF vs UNLLLLLL Frost. Funny to watch him talk out of both sides of his mouth. He blames other coach for struggles but went undefeated with other coaches players at UCF. Lack of talent last coach at UCF had players from a winless campaign seasons prior to him getting there let alone all the highly rated recruits we hear about Nebraska bring in every winter that went 9-4 2 years before. Now did he influence or try and weed out the guys he inherited at Nebraska that’s up for debate on a case by case level. But urban Meyer brought up a great point last year when frost made a remark about players from previous regime. Day 1 you after you take the job they are “your” players be it the ones you inherited and recruited. It’s year 3 the lack of discipline or throwing other players under the bus is so pathetic. Come next year minus red shirt seniors they are all your guys you recruited so he’s running out of time to play that card.

He's not going to survive in a P5 program. Three years in and his OLine is still dogshit.

He's an arrogant asshole, to boot. He and the Huskers deserve each other.

had we an experienced QB we would have shredded their asses.

Almost none of the Riley recruits stuck around though. Depth was really, really thin when Frost got started.
When you run around the country promising 4 and 5 star players they will start, word gets around. We had that on my HS team. We played a sophomore QB who was moved up purely because we had a lame duck coach and the politics were that we were building depth for the future. It sucked and everyone knew it!!!!

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
As for frost crying about the snaps. I may be wrong but minus the one on the first play on their Td drive to end the half the rest all of them seemed to be just bad snaps where rest of the offense was in synch with the snap and looked like the qb had clapped. That was the only one where the line didn’t move and even if he did snap early it was an awful snap at his ankles. End of the day it’s so pathetic that he pulls this at the presser. Most fan bases would be embarrassed by their coach using this as an excuse for one of the reasons they lost.

I guess something to look for when have time to rewatch the game. Not sure if anyone else who has rewatched the game noticed anything different.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Let’s also keep in mind that Husker Nation declared their win over Penn State two weeks ago as Frost’s hallmark victory to date. That’s an embarrassingly low standard.

No we didn't. I think all Husker fans currently know where the program is at. I know it's easy to mock NU (I do it myself as a fan) but this isn't true. We beat a bad Penn St. team and tried like hell to give it away. With that said, this is a really weird year in the Big 10.

It seems like teams are so up and down every week it is crazy. It is crazy that Wisconsin is a 13 point favorite over Indiana when Indiana has played good football. Rutgers looking decent and then being terrible, same with Maryland. Just lots of weird stuff happening. Hell, Iowa could easily be undefeated right now.

No we didn't. I think all Husker fans currently know where the program is at. I know it's easy to mock NU (I do it myself as a fan) but this isn't true. We beat a bad Penn St. team and tried like hell to give it away. With that said, this is a really weird year in the Big 10.

It seems like teams are so up and down every week it is crazy. It is crazy that Wisconsin is a 13 point favorite over Indiana when Indiana has played good football. Rutgers looking decent and then being terrible, same with Maryland. Just lots of weird stuff happening. Hell, Iowa could easily be undefeated right now.

It is a weird season to be sure. Much changes from week to week. And yes, Iowa could be undefeated. But such is life. There were stories in the OWH after Nebraska beat Penn State saying that perhaps this was the hallmark victory. I know that is not all fans, but it can be representative of a segment.

It would help Frost if he would just focus on his team from week to week and how the team can get better. His first 2 years, people would not have cared about wins and losses if they saw the culture being developed. The culture is not being developed to date. He was super happy about how hard his staff coached and how hard his team played against Iowa. That's fine and good, but those 2 things (staff preparing well and team playing hard) should be the minimum requirements for any program every week, but he treats it like Nebraska has turned a corner. How about respecting every opponent and not no-showing against Illinois?

It is a weird season to be sure. Much changes from week to week. And yes, Iowa could be undefeated. But such is life. There were stories in the OWH after Nebraska beat Penn State saying that perhaps this was the hallmark victory. I know that is not all fans, but it can be representative of a segment.

It would help Frost if he would just focus on his team from week to week and how the team can get better. His first 2 years, people would not have cared about wins and losses if they saw the culture being developed. The culture is not being developed to date. He was super happy about how hard his staff coached and how hard his team played against Iowa. That's fine and good, but those 2 things (staff preparing well and team playing hard) should be the minimum requirements for any program every week, but he treats it like Nebraska has turned a corner. How about respecting every opponent and not no-showing against Illinois?

I agree with everything you said. NU is a mess, but unlike a lot of people I do see some signs of life. I am happy that we aren't completely getting mauled at the LOS and we have some other bright spots, but just step on our dick in one phase of the game each week at a minimum.

My question is why has it taken 3 years. Shouldn’t he have turned the discipline over sooner. That’s all on the coaches for creating the culture. I mean 2 years at UCF no issue with discipline that we’ve heard of. Thing is next year minus red shirt seniors they’ll be all his guys.
Will Martinez get a 13th year extension? JK... but gawd it seems like Martini has been there since Osborne...

Hawk fans should send cheese to Scotty at the football complex to go with his whine.

177a63ff64df6051b03294100641fcf3.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT