ADVERTISEMENT

Frost says nebraska is going to play

Kurt Warner

HR Heisman
Jan 12, 2010
Iowa
Somewhere, somehow against whoever they can if the big doesn't play. I say way to go frost, it's time to man up and quit being a bunch of p*****. Frost has earned my respect.

Fans who don’t want to take the risk stay home. Players that don't want to play don't (will be very very few). I'm sick of chicken s**** telling the rest of us what we are and aren't going to do.

Somewhere, somehow against whoever they can if the big doesn't play. I say way to go frost, it's time to man up and quit being a bunch of p*****. Frost has earned my respect.

Fans who don’t want to take the risk stay home. Players that don't want to play don't (will be very very few). I'm sick of chicken s**** telling the rest of us what we are and aren't going to do.
For once in his life, Frost has come out from hiding in a closet to do the right thing.

neb regents voted to play. frosty said they'll play anyone anywhere. I'm sure UNL lawyers have looked at the legalities.

Reactions: Simbahawk4
Smart move by Nebraska. This is how they can get a leg up on the rest of the B1G teams. They will be practicing, developing players and out playing games while the rest of the B1G will be home on the couch eating Doritos. They also won't have to deal with the eligibility mess of extra years and what to do with incoming freshman.

I would love to see Kirk and other coaches do the same. WITH FANS.

Wear a mask. Social distance. It is not hard.

Let's play with the LiL12, if we have to...

Btw, Frost doesn't deserve respect . He certainly is not getting any from me! He is just saying what every player has been saying.

#WeWantToPlay

Reactions: pmtdc
Frost doesn't have a vote.
Day doesn't have a vote
Harbaugh doesn't have a vote.

A teacher stands up and publically declares that her students intend to take their annual field trips to an area which has recently become risky or dangerous to some extent. That's laudable but such a declaration is empty, ineffectual, because the school principal or superintendent of schools will make that decision not the teacher.

University presidents and chancellors will have the final say on whether college football is played this year. The coaches will abide by their decisions; they have no choice.

Of course Fall sport coaches will make their case. I hope some accomodations can be made in order to go forward with the games. Let's get real though - university presidents are mulling the pros and cons of their decisions with medical experts and lawyers at the table and not coaches,

There are a lot of questions regarding this.

If UNLLLLL plays say 5 games this fall and there is a spring conference season, does that put them at an unfair advantage in practice times and games played.

Say UNLLLLL and IoWWWWWa play this fall, would that count in league play if there is a spring season.

Keep in mind, the Big Ten owns the football programs and if Mr. Frosty crosses the Big Ten and plays when told not to, I'm guessing there would be severe consequences.

Day doesn't have a vote

A teacher stands up and publically declares that her students intend to take their annual field trips to an area which has recently become risky or dangerous to some extent. That's laudable but such a declaration is empty, ineffectual, because the school principal or superintendent of schools will make that decision not the teacher.

University presidents and chancellors will have the final say on whether college football is played this year. The coaches will abide by their decisions; they have no choice.

Of course Fall sport coaches will make their case. I hope some accomodations can be made in order to go forward with the games. Let's get real though - university presidents are mulling the pros and cons of their decisions with medical experts and lawyers at the table and not coaches,

They don't have a vote, but they do influence the public. And at this point, this debate has become as much a political one as a public health one. The schools have protocols and policies in place to keep players as safe as can be. That doesn't mean zero risk, it means it's likely the environment around the coaching and training staff with those protocols in place is safer for them than just going home.

University presidents and athletic directors are political creatures. They don't get to those positions without being good primarily at not causing waves. They always go toward the option that will give them cover. It's why Ryan Day and Frost know they can do things like they are doing. They know their AD's and presidents have to listen to their rabid fan bases, who want them to play. Bill Moos at Nebraska knows he's out on his rear end if he doesn't at least try to have a season. Same with the OSU president.

For the first time, some people of influence (coaches and players) are speaking up that aren't of the mindset that we all have to shelter in place until a vaccine is ready.

Day doesn't have a vote

nebby board of regents voted to play, they have a say.

"Do the right thing?"

Claim to do something that would blatantly violate Nebraska's contractual obligations under the B1G's by-laws? Fire up a fan base with rhetoric that has absolutely no basis? That's the "right thing?"
if the b1g isn't playing... they violate contracts. nebby has lawyers.

I won't be holding my breath in anticipation of the University of Nebraska filing an Emergency Petition for Declaratory Relief in which they seek to either (a) avoid obligations of its agreement to become a member of the B1G or (b) seeking to immediately withdraw from the B1G.
not leaving the b1g. the b1g isn't participating, leaving members to follow or do their own thing. nebby has lawyers.

They don't have a vote, but they do influence the public. And at this point, this debate has become as much a political one as a public health one. The schools have protocols and policies in place to keep players as safe as can be. That doesn't mean zero risk, it means it's likely the environment around the coaching and training staff with those protocols in place is safer for them than just going home.

University presidents and athletic directors are political creatures. They don't get to those positions without being good primarily at not causing waves. They always go toward the option that will give them cover. It's why Ryan Day and Frost know they can do things like they are doing. They know their AD's and presidents have to listen to their rabid fan bases, who want them to play. Bill Moos at Nebraska knows he's out on his rear end if he doesn't at least try to have a season. Same with the OSU president.

For the first time, some people of influence (coaches and players) are speaking up that aren't of the mindset that we all have to shelter in place until a vaccine is ready.

Seems to me that Ohio, Michigan, and Pennsylvania will play a large importance in something happening November 3rd

I would love to see Kirk and other coaches do the same. WITH FANS.

Wear a mask. Social distance. It is not hard.

Let's play with the LiL12, if we have to...

Btw, Frost doesn't deserve respect . He certainly is not getting any from me! He is just saying what every player has been saying.

#WeWantToPlay
it's people crying about having fans that are going to be the biggest reason we don't have football. Sit on your damn couch and watch your TV and be happy

not leaving the b1g. the b1g isn't participating, leaving members to follow or do their own thing. nebby has lawyers.

Nebby has lawyers? Oh boy. Didn't take that into consideration. :rolleyes:

The analysis isn't hard.

If U of Nebraska wants the benefits of B1G membership (i.e. sharing of B1G revenues, conference affiliation, etc), then it cannot "go rogue" when it disagrees with a decision that is made in accordance with the B1G's by-laws and voted on by member institutions.

If memory serves, the B1G requires at least two (probably three) years notice of an intent to withdraw and I believe that a member institution has to pay at least $25M (could be up to $50M). This was in an effort to discourage member institutions from leaving during the conference expansion/re-alignment flurry taking place around 2009.

And for those thinking that Scott Frost is acting as some sort of maverick, give me a break. There are 14 coaches in the B1G who are ready to play this year . . who think that it is perfectly fine to play this year . . . who feel as though their players will comply with all rules to ensure that they are bubbled . . . blah blah blah Same with Athletic Directors.

Decision will be made by Presidents/Chancellors of the member institutions who are receiving guidance/assistance/recommendations from a medical advisory board which happens to be comprised of some of the top medical schools in the country.

I simply shake my head at the number of posters on this Board who snidely scoffed at the idea that college football could be the next "victim" if the country didn't take a unified approach on trying to get COVID-19 under control who are now incredulous that it appears to be coming to fruition.

I hold out hope that - with respect to football - the B1G employs a "wait and see" approach with scheduling to see what happens after students return to campus. I'm skeptical that campuses won't become hot spots but hoping that I'm wrong.

There are a lot of questions regarding this.

If UNLLLLL plays say 5 games this fall and there is a spring conference season, does that put them at an unfair advantage in practice times and games played.

Say UNLLLLL and IoWWWWWa play this fall, would that count in league play if there is a spring season.

Keep in mind, the Big Ten owns the football programs and if Mr. Frosty crosses the Big Ten and plays when told not to, I'm guessing there would be severe consequences.
That's the problem. The B10 members have to act in conformity IMO or else you create a bundle of potential problems around equality and fairness, financial and otherwise..

I don't see how some people are treating this like a violation of Big Ten rules. Has anyone seen anyone who actually knows what they're talking about say this? Scheduling non-conference games is up to the schools. They can even schedule non-conference games against one another. Iowa and PSU Wrestling scheduled a non-conference dual meet a few years ago when the conference scheduling failed to do so. It's not treason.

Reactions: nu2u
Frost knows his team is not playing anywhere this fall. He is merely trying to look tough and show everyone how hard he fought for his team so he can use it in recruiting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT