ADVERTISEMENT

Frozen Food Aisle

Aug 12, 2016
I usually just stick to pizza, but as a poor, I was looking for something cheap to mix it up this weekend. Tried Stouffer's frozen enchiladas I have to say they were actually pretty good with sour cream and salsa added on. Anything else I'm missing out on in the frozen aisle? Do I dare try the White Castle sliders?
CHICKEN%20ENCHILADAS%2057%20oz_0.jpg

900.jpg

Reactions: NoleATL
You know how easy it is to make lasagna and hamburgers at home, right?

Edit -I see those are enchiladas, not lasagna. Either way, I bet you’d do better making those at home.

Last edited:
Reactions: srams21
You know how easy it is to make lasagna and hamburgers at home, right?

This was much easier, cleaner, and less expensive than making chicken enchilada's from scratch, especially now that we have a baby in the house we don't have time to be making big messes and taking forever to cook things. I rate these a 7/10 on the scale of tastiness, 10/10 on ease and affordability.

I take it you guys also shun Friday's frozen appetizer lineup? Another cheap, easy, and delicious snack.
TGIGameDay-collectivebias.jpg

This was much easier, cleaner, and less expensive than making chicken enchilada's from scratch, especially now that we have a baby in the house we don't have time to be making big messes and taking forever to cook things. I rate these a 7/10 on the scale of tastiness, 10/10 on ease and affordability.

I take it you guys also shun Friday's frozen appetizer lineup? Another cheap, easy, and delicious snack.
TGIGameDay-collectivebias.jpg

Their restaurants cant stay open how good can their frozen meals be?

Their restaurants cant stay open how good can their frozen meals be?

Well, they're not meals they're appetizers. The jalapeno poppers and mozzarella sticks are good. I'm sure the loaded fries and green beans are good, although I've never tried them. I'd stay away from the chicken products.

The White Castle burgers will be disappointing. Stouffer's has an excellent lasagna, but it's a notch below Costco's brand however.
I'll second that on the Stouffer's lasagna. It was one of those weird special purchase deals at Menards one time that I stocked up on, and I was delighted when I got around to actually making them. I wish I'd stuffed more of those in the freezer. At regular price it's not really an economical buy, but it is a surprisingly good product.

Well, they're not meals they're appetizers. The jalapeno poppers and mozzarella sticks are good. I'm sure the loaded fries and green beans are good, although I've never tried them. I'd stay away from the chicken products.

You're eating that many calories of a frozen meal before eating another frozen meal?

I usually just stick to pizza, but as a poor, I was looking for something cheap to mix it up this weekend. Tried Stouffer's frozen enchiladas I have to say they were actually pretty good with sour cream and salsa added on. Anything else I'm missing out on in the frozen aisle? Do I dare try the White Castle sliders?

900.jpg

One's financial status should not matter when investigating grocery store food choices. Even if you weren't a poor, you should be able to eat something that looks appealing. Taste buds don't always know your bank balance.

I’ll grab those Friday’s appetizers once in awhile, usually the jalapeño poppers. Throw those in the air fryer

900.jpg
When I was on vacation, I always had a box of the White Castle Jalapeno Cheeseburgers in the freezer. Good quick snack.

900.jpg
These are very good and low-calorie as well:
0007750703995_A

0007750703910_A

I'll second that on the Stouffer's lasagna. It was one of those weird special purchase deals at Menards one time that I stocked up on, and I was delighted when I got around to actually making them. I wish I'd stuffed more of those in the freezer. At regular price it's not really an economical buy, but it is a surprisingly good product.

Frozen lasagna at Menards? Am I reading that right?

Reactions: CuttyDoesIt
Frozen lasagna at Menards? Am I reading that right?
Yes. Have you been inside one? The grocery section is hardly a new thing.

It's not a replacement for a grocery store, but I get a ton of stuff like frozen pizzas, snack food, candy, etc. when I'm there. Very handy if you are there regularly for work related stuff.

Reactions: ThorneStockton
The White Castle burgers will be disappointing. Stouffer's has an excellent lasagna, but it's a notch below Costco's brand however.
The WCB's are a good substitute when you live where there is no White Castle. The frozen WCBs are better than Krystal.

Yes. Have you been inside one? The grocery section is hardly a new thing.

It's not a replacement for a grocery store, but I get a ton of stuff like frozen pizzas, snack food, candy, etc. when I'm there. Very handy if you are there regularly for work related stuff.

It's been years since I've been in one. I suppose for quick stuff like that it makes sense, just hadn't occurred to me.

You're an elitist.

While Trad is a tad bit exaggerating, anything labeled "fish" is going to be the worst fish/fish parts you can possibly imagine. Carp, sheepshead, bullheads, etc.

When I was growing up, at our cabin there were a couple professional net fishermen we knew. I went out pulling in nets with them a few times. They'd toss literally everything netted into the boat, then haul out the boat and go straight to the fish market. They'd toss every fish they caught into scales, get paid by the pound, then the fish were packed in ice and sent to Chicago.

I asked, what happens then? The reply I got was "fish sticks".

You're probably better off getting something specific, such as cod etc...especially if it's denoted as 100% fillets. I've had these before...not bad at all.

0007353826343_A

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT