ADVERTISEMENT

Fun Iowa Football Stats (offense)

IowaPackFan

HR Heisman
Dec 30, 2006
I say fun because all I can do is laugh at the ineptitude.

Out of 131 teams:
  • 126 in 3rd down conversion % at 29%
  • 120 in 4th down conversion % at 33%
  • 110 in Completion % at 55.7%
  • 130 in RZ Attempts at 22
  • 130 in RZ scores at 17
  • 124 on point/game at 17.9
  • 130 in first downs at 139
  • 123 in passing efficiency
Continuously down there with the likes of Colorado State, UMass, New Mexico, New Mexico State

How anyone can be OK with this is beyond me.
No one is OK with it. But there’s not a damn thing we can do about it. They missed on some OL recruits, so now we’re having to rely on a bunch of underclassmen. They missed on QB’s, so now we’ve got Petras. We don’t have one WR that would see the field on a top 10 team.

But fortunately football is about all 3 phases and we’ve still been able to win 16 games over the last 2 seasons in spite of our offense.

We’re 6-4 with an outside chance of 8-9 wins. So maybe it’s time for some people to stop b****ing and enjoy the ride, no matter how it looks.

No one is OK with it. But there’s not a damn thing we can do about it. They missed on some OL recruits, so now we’re having to rely on a bunch of underclassmen. They missed on QB’s, so now we’ve got Petras. We don’t have one WR that would see the field on a top 10 team.

But fortunately football is about all 3 phases and we’ve still been able to win 16 games over the last 2 seasons in spite of our offense.

We’re 6-4 with an outside chance of 8-9 wins. So maybe it’s time for some people to stop b****ing and enjoy the ride, no matter how it looks.

🙄

They didn’t miss on QB recruits. They passed up on two guys who are now starters in the NFL for what we now have: the worst QB in CFB.

This is another reason I am done with Captain Kirk and his boy Wonder. This has been going on for many, many years now and ignored. At least BF likes his paycheck.

Reactions: DewHawk and Dargo
How anyone can be OK with this is beyond me.
Anyone with any self awareness should know that 1. nothing we can do at 2/3 season in the books. 2. How are the coaches going to know how a player is going to play. 3. What the other team has dialed up in the game scheduled.; You can go on and on. EVERYONE on this board wants a top ten team but as history repeats it's self rarely does it happen. Try enjoying what you can or don't watch!

This is another reason I am done with Captain Kirk and his boy Wonder. This has been going on for many, many years now and ignored. At least BF likes his paycheck.
Agree. The offense has always been bad, but now it’s historically bad. Kirk had the chance to get it right and hire an actual proven OC, but instead decided to line his family’s pockets instead.

Anyone with any self awareness should know that 1. nothing we can do at 2/3 season in the books. 2. How are the coaches going to know how a player is going to play. 3. What the other team has dialed up in the game scheduled.; You can go on and on. EVERYONE on this board wants a top ten team but as history repeats it's self rarely does it happen. Try enjoying what you can or don't watch!
How are the coaches going to know how a player is going to play? Anyone with any self awareness should know that Petras and pretty much everyone on offense is going to play like crap against anyone that isn’t NW or Purdue.

This is a top ten team with an offense ranked 90. So totally garbage offense not a dumpster fire offense that we have.

• Haha
Reactions: frydaze

Lol, you think we can't do anything about it........that's cute. :cool:

Out of 131 teams:
  • 130 in RZ scores at 17
Continuously down there with the likes of Colorado State, UMass, New Mexico, New Mexico State
Fun? What you posted is 8 separate kicks to the nads dude.

Never fear-Fn5 will be by soon to tell you the offense is exactly as it should be, the passing game is fine, and anyone who disagrees isn't a fan.
Average rank in Total Offense over the last seven years is 110. KF and BF are incapable of fixing this “Train Wreck”. End of story. There is no other AD in this country that would allow this to go on for this period of time.

• Sad
Reactions: TampaHawkfan
How are the coaches going to know how a player is going to play? Anyone with any self awareness should know that Petras and pretty much everyone on offense is going to play like crap against anyone that isn’t NW or Purdue.
Easy to say 2/3 into season. There are several players who don't play like crap! I for one appreciate their effort! Just wish once I could get YOU to line up across from our tight ends and tell them they play like crap! I imagine you would walk up next tues. if you had the balls! We all plan the game we just don't get to plan outcome. Fate I believe determines that . Hope you have a nice day.

One stat that's usually omitted is average number of plays -- Iowa ranks #123 in number of plays per game in 2022. I'm not suggesting that offense hasn't been frustrating this season but I believe that this stat could provide a bit more context to the other offensive stats.

Average rank in Total Offense over the last seven years is 110. KF and BF are incapable of fixing this “Train Wreck”. End of story. There is no other AD in this country that would allow this to go on for this period of time.
69-29 with two B1G title game appearances (possibly a third this year), finished five times in the top 25 in that time frame. No too shabby for a train wreck.

Easy to say 2/3 into season. There are several players who don't play like crap! I for one appreciate their effort! Just wish once I could get YOU to line up across from our tight ends and tell them they play like crap! I imagine you would walk up next tues. if you had the balls! We all plan the game we just don't get to plan outcome. Fate I believe determines that . Hope you have a nice day.
You are way too rational to engage these endless tantrum threads but I am with you. Tough year offensively no doubt but the same crowd has used virtually every coach in the west (when hot) as an example why we should eject anything named Ferentz and substitue row the boat, Fitz, Brohm, etc😂. I enjoy each year for its unique challenges and successes and root for the kids involved trying their best. But then, Im generally well adjusted and not living snark as my primary life force.

Reactions: hawkhockey

Out of 131 teams:
  • 130 in RZ scores at 17
Massey rates Iowa #71 in offensive efficiency, not dead last.

Raw stats can be quite misleading.

Iowa's offense is about middle of the pack, actually.

Reactions: desihawk
Massey rates Iowa #71 in offensive efficiency, not dead last.

Raw stats can be quite misleading.

Iowa's offense is about middle of the pack, actually.
agree that offensive efficiency is far more relevant for iowa since our style and tempo reduce number of plays drastically. that said, i'm not sure we were anywhere near #71 in efficiency before last week when we finally took advantage of nearly all short field redzone opportunities.

Hmmmm….if they kept winning games at a top 15 rate, they might indeed!

You are way too rational to engage these endless tantrum threads but I am with you. Tough year offensively no doubt but the same crowd has used virtually every coach in the west (when hot) as an example why we should eject anything named Ferentz and substitue row the boat, Fitz, Brohm, etc😂. I enjoy each year for its unique challenges and successes and root for the kids involved trying their best. But then, Im generally well adjusted and not living snark as my primary life force.

This is an indisputable Truth, from Mangino, to Fat Charlie, The Zookster, Tim Brewster, Missouri, etc,etc,etc…ad nuaseam they have predicted our doom for 10 plus years and here we are…..

Same critics, same Iowa team proving them wrong!

ADVERTISEMENT