ADVERTISEMENT

Fury Road Prequel

mnole03

HR Legend
Mar 20, 2005
Take my money now. Fury Road deserved Best Picture.

The movie is a prequel to the 2015 film, explaining the backstory of the character Furiosa, previously played by Charlize Theron and now by Anya Taylor-Joy. While it has been promoted since late last year, actor Chris Hemsworth—who is in the movie himself—announced that production started on June 1 via tweet.

Last edited:
Let’s ride to Valhalla!!!
mad-max-fury-road-mad-max-fury-road-gif.gif

I’m ready to be done with Anya Taylor-Joy. First off her name is difficult to type on a phone with the hyphen and additional capital letter. Are we all supposed to pretend like her eyes aren’t on the side of her face, because I am a fisherman so I can recognize faces with eyes on the side. Her main acting technique is smelling farts, but not just smelling farts, but smelling farts and thinking deeply about what that person might have ate to make that fart smell like that. But there are also random farts by a few people so she moves her head to find the area where those two farts connect. Basically I am saying she is making thinking hard about some farts face all the time.

I’m ready to be done with Anya Taylor-Joy. First off her name is difficult to type on a phone with the hyphen and additional capital letter. Are we all supposed to pretend like her eyes aren’t on the side of her face, because I am a fisherman so I can recognize faces with eyes on the side. Her main acting technique is smelling farts, but not just smelling farts, but smelling farts and thinking deeply about what that person might have ate to make that fart smell like that. But there are also random farts by a few people so she moves her head to find the area where those two farts connect. Basically I am saying she is making thinking hard about some farts face all the time.
If that's not plagerized.... I'm either very happy for your sobriety or very happy for your relapse.

Are we all supposed to pretend like her eyes aren’t on the side of her face, because I am a fisherman so I can recognize faces with eyes on the side.
I’m going to let the farts part go but what do you have against the aquatic kind? A progressive like you should be accepting of fully trans or transitioning fish/porpoise people.

COqRV5bUwAAwSkp.jpg

Reactions: Moral
How's your old man doing? Hopefully he got through Covid 👍

Pretty good, my sister and her family just went down to visit. He is getting back the ability to use his arm and leg in physical therapy. Still a lot of work to put in, but it looks like he will get there.

Reactions: fredjr82
Take my money now. Fury Road deserved Best Picture.

The movie is a prequel to the 2015 film, explaining the backstory of the character Furiosa, previously played by Charlize Theron and now by Anya Taylor-Joy. While it has been promoted since late last year, actor Chris Hemsworth—who is in the movie himself—announced that production started on June 1 via tweet.

Best movie thus far of the 21st Century. Psyched for the next one.

Reactions: mnole03

"eaten"

• Haha
Reactions: Moral
Fury Road was not a great movie.
It was visually entertaining, mostly because of the stunt work and stunt driving that was performed rather than CGI'd.

But the plot was almost non-existent, drive fast in one direction then turn around and drive fast the other direction. The dialog was even worse considering that Hardy mainly just grunted throughout the movie. And the acting was average.

There's nothing wrong with visually entertaining movies, and this was on the very high end of the spectrum of those kinds of movies. But this was not best picture quality. Room, The Revenant, and Bridge of Spies were all superior movies with better plot and acting. And that doesn't include The Martian and The Big Short which were both good movies but probably not Best Picture winner quality. And then Best Picture went to Spotlight that year. I haven't watched that one so I can't comment on it.

As for this prequel, we'll see. I'm sure it will be entertaining since Miller is making it.

It was visually entertaining, mostly because of the stunt work and stunt driving that was performed rather than CGI'd.

But the plot was almost non-existent, drive fast in one direction then turn around and drive fast the other direction. The dialog was even worse considering that Hardy mainly just grunted throughout the movie. And the acting was average.

There's nothing wrong with visually entertaining movies, and this was on the very high end of the spectrum of those kinds of movies. But this was not best picture quality. Room, The Revenant, and Bridge of Spies were all superior movies with better plot and acting. And that doesn't include The Martian and The Big Short which were both good movies but probably not Best Picture winner quality. And then Best Picture went to Spotlight that year. I haven't watched that one so I can't comment on it.

As for this prequel, we'll see. I'm sure it will be entertaining since Miller is making it.
I really like Fury Road, but I also loved the quick-cut action of the Mad Max movies as well, and I’m a sucker for any decent dystopian genre. I also thought the story was good, in that the ”soldiers” dying for the bad guy leader all thought they went in glory to Valhalla if they died for his cause.

Reactions: JupiterHawk
I really like Fury Road, but I also loved the quick-cut action of the Mad Max movies as well, and I’m a sucker for any decent dystopian genre. I also thought the story was good, in that the ”soldiers” dying for the bad guy leader all thought they went in glory to Valhalla if they died for his cause.
The movie theater experience was incredible. I can't think of another movie that compares to it...maybe the first 15 minutes of Saving Private Ryan. But the whole damn movie.

Wow - that was a really good year for movies. There was also Ex Machina, Steve Jobs, Straight Outta Compton, Sicario, and The Hateful Eight which I have grown to like a lot. Spotlight is excellent. Disagree with your opinion on Fury Road.

The movie theater experience was incredible. I can't think of another movie that compares to it...maybe the first 15 minutes of Saving Private Ryan. But the whole damn movie.
I didn’t see Fury Road in a theatre, but several times while watching it I thought to myself how “kick-ass“ it must have been to see it in one.

Will see the prequel in a theatre.

Wow - that was a really good year for movies. There was also Ex Machina, Steve Jobs, Straight Outta Compton, Sicario, and The Hateful Eight which I have grown to like a lot. Spotlight is excellent. Disagree with your opinion on Fury Road.
Maybe I should have said, it isn't a great motion picture. Fury Road is a great movie in the sense that it delivers exactly what the audience wants to get from it, spectacle. The cinematography and special effects are top notch. But people can't seriously tell me that they watch it for the plot. It has less plot than any other Mad Max movie, which is saying something considering The Road Warrior, and doesn't hold a candle to the original Mad Max.

I didn’t see Fury Road in a theatre, but several times while watching it I thought to myself how “kick-ass“ it must have been to see it in one.

Will see the prequel in a theatre.
It's re-playing in a local theater on July 6. Maybe it's a national thing. I think I will go.

Reactions: VodkaSam
I'm a huge fan of the Mad Max series, and Fury Road did an excellent job of revitalizing it and bringing in a whole new generation of fans. Sure they're all a bit over the top, and not to be taken seriously for best film Academy Award considerations, but for just straight up action/sci-fi/futuristic dystopian movie fun it's a very hard series to beat, perhaps the GOAT IMO. I'm not sure how I'd rank them overall, but Fury Road wasn't the worst of them (that would be Thunderdome IMO). This will be a film that must be seen in the theaters, and I won't miss it, even if Furiosa looks a bit like an alien. It sucks this is likely still 2 years out.

When will MM: The Wasteland begin production?

Your comments reminded me of this

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT