ADVERTISEMENT

FUTURE Lineups you'd like to see?

Lighting Hawk

HR MVP
Sep 16, 2021
What combos would you guys like to see out there?

I'd like to see us throw several of the same ones we had out there last night, and I thought Fran did a good job of mixing it up. I don't know if it's possible to see the below lineup but I think Kris plays anywhere from the 2-5 and Keegan can play 3-5? Proud dad @PHawkKenyon can you confirm? :)

1. Joe T
2. JBo
3. PMac
4. Keegan
5. Kris

JT (5'11'')
Ulis (6'2'')
Sandfort (6'8'')
Keegan (6'9'')
Kris (6'9'')

I Liked what I saw out of Ulis. Great first step and getting in the lane. He had a pretty floater, just needs to be better finishing at the rim. Liked what I saw out of Sandfort, he's confident for a freshmen. Stronger and bigger than I thought. Seems like Fran has given him the greenlight. Wouldn't mind seeing him run more with the starters.

JT (5'11'')
Ulis (6'2'')
Sandfort (6'8'')
Keegan (6'9'')
Kris (6'9'')

I Liked what I saw out of Ulis. Great first step and getting in the lane. He had a pretty floater, just needs to be better finishing at the rim. Liked what I saw out of Sandfort, he's confident for a freshmen. Stronger and bigger than I thought. Seems like Fran has given him the greenlight. Wouldn't mind seeing him run more with the starters.
Sandfort was letting it fly, and I loved his left-handed finish in the first half on the fastbreak. Ulis is a solid player and coming off of surgery I think he's still finding his shot again, but he's grown and is a great ball-handler and you can tell he has a good BBall IQ.

JT (5'11'')
Ulis (6'2'')
Sandfort (6'8'')
Keegan (6'9'')
Kris (6'9'')

I love the idea of a JT and Ulis backcourt.

The ball pressure they could put on opponents would be amazing.

We know what JT brings. Hes a tasmanian devil on D and great at pushing in the open court.

Ulis is an even better penetrator than Toussaint. That move where he split two defenders was beautiful. The finishes will come and he looks to kick the ball when the D collapses.

Iowa hasn't had a guy who could consistently do those things since Dean Oliver.

Reactions: mstp1992
Sandfort was letting it fly, and I loved his left-handed finish in the first half on the fastbreak. Ulis is a solid player and coming off of surgery I think he's still finding his shot again, but he's grown and is a great ball-handler and you can tell he has a good BBall IQ.
I thought people were crazy talking about Sandfort playing this year but hes a lot more polished offensively than I guessed.

He knows exactly what he is and how to get his shot off like a veteran. I was pretty impressed with that.

Everything he did was efficient and deliberate.

Agreed. Sandfort didn’t shoot it great last night but it didn’t seem to effect his confidence at all, which is good to see from a young player. I expect him to be a solid contributor this year

Reactions: RocknRollface
What combos would you guys like to see out there?

I'd like to see us throw several of the same ones we had out there last night, and I thought Fran did a good job of mixing it up. I don't know if it's possible to see the below lineup but I think Kris plays anywhere from the 2-5 and Keegan can play 3-5? Proud dad @PHawkKenyon can you confirm? :)

1. Joe T
2. JBo
3. PMac
4. Keegan
5. Kris
This is the group I want to see, as I'm sure most Hawk fans do too.
After that, I'd like to see Toussaint/Sandfort/P. McCaffery/Murray/Murray.
Then Toussaint/Ulis/P. McCaffery/Murray/Murray

I think Rebraca will need some time to adjust to in game speed and Frans offense but I did like him at the 5 I think he’s a strong dude and he has some decent post moves and isn’t slow. I think have all of these 6’8 and 6’9” guys is super advantageous, it does make me nervous going up against Purdue, Michigan, Illinois, & MSU (prob leaving one or two out) those teams all have 7’ or taller, starting centers who are all experienced and skilled. Could give us fits but that’s where our zone could really come in handy if we can close out on the wings.

ADVERTISEMENT