ADVERTISEMENT

Future NCAA Wrestling Tournament Locations Announced

RossWB

HB Heisman
Staff
Feb 1, 2006
2027: St. Louis -- Enterprise Center
2028: Minneapolis -- US Bank Stadium

Minneapolis gets back the NCAAs it lost to COVID in 2020. They're aiming to blow the attendance record out of the water in 2028...

Last edited:
2027: St. Louis -- Enterprise Center
2028: Minneapolis -- US Bank Arena

Minneapolis gets back the NCAAs it lost to COVID in 2020. They're aiming to blow the attendance record out of the water in 2028...

*Stadium

I'm surprised it has never been back to Omaha or Des Moines. Both places got high marks for hosting last time, and each would be an even better experience next time as both have really improved areas around the respective arenas.

Reactions: RossWB
*Stadium

I'm surprised it has never been back to Omaha or Des Moines. Both places got high marks for hosting last time, and each would be an even better experience next time as both have really improved areas around the respective arenas.
Omaha was my only NCAA's. It was fantastic although I hear the bar across the street that gave us a $10 bar tab after drinking for 4 hours has closed down. Sad.

Glad to see it back at US Bank, it's the only NCAAs I've had tickets to only to get cancelled five days beforehand. Of course part of the fun going that year was because Iowa had an easy title win in the bag, would love to see it get to that point again by 2028. Being part of the attendance record would be a cool experience.

Reactions: Grip220
Glad to see it back at US Bank, it's the only NCAAs I've had tickets to only to get cancelled five days beforehand. Of course part of the fun going that year was because Iowa had an easy title win in the bag, would love to see it get to that point again by 2028. Being part of the attendance record would be a cool experience.
US Bank Stadium is absolutely incredible.

*Stadium

Thanks. Had "arena" on the brain for some reason.

Re: Des Moines -- I wonder if Wells Fargo Arena is a little too small. NCAAs has been favoring venues that seat around 18-20K for basketball in recent years and WFA is at around 16,000.

If that's the case, it's a shame because Iowa is obviously a great host for the event.

The NCAA seems to like Des Moines as a host overall -- the NCAA hoops tourney usually seems to have opening round games there every few years (and will again in 2028).

Thanks. Had "arena" on the brain for some reason.

Re: Des Moines -- I wonder if Wells Fargo Arena is a little too small. NCAAs has been favoring venues that seat around 18-20K for basketball in recent years and WFA is at around 16,000.

If that's the case, it's a shame because Iowa is obviously a great host for the event.

The NCAA seems to like Des Moines as a host overall -- the NCAA hoops tourney usually seems to have opening round games there every few years (and will again in 2028).

Good points all around. It is a little small but it was in 2013 and didn't seem to bother them. I guess I have no idea if Des Moines is even interested in hosting again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT