ADVERTISEMENT

FWIW........

Hy Vee is putting print ads back into the Register, as of last week..and in today’s Register too. Theirnobel experiment lasted about 2 months.

I missed this one. What was their experiment?

Hyvee was also nice enough to cut workers hours without giving anyone a heads up. The fact that many stores are under staffed to begin with meant nothing i guess.

Hyvee was also nice enough to cut workers hours without giving anyone a heads up. The fact that many stores are under staffed to begin with meant nothing i guess.
Hadn't heard that from any of the folks I know at Hy-Vee. Granted, that's only a couple of stores in CR, so it's always possible staffing is different from store to store.

I do know from talking with a couple of managers at Edgewood Rd. Hy-Vee they received a lot of complaints about the recent advertisement change. It was really hit or miss for people getting them in the mail. Even the managers I spoke with said they weren't getting them regularly.

They ran NO newspaper ads for a few months....did their own “direct mailings” on a monthly basis.

Which is funny, cause "few months" for me was February. The March book mailer I did not receive. I noticed I didn't receive it too.

If it ain't on sale, I go elsewhere. And if they ain't mailing me anything...let's just say I'll always read their mailer (I don't get a newspaper) - how do I know?

I really don't often go looking for online ads unless I'm looking for something specific on sale. I bet I'm not alone in that way of shopping too. And newspapers are still the main source of a lot or people's grocery shopping "planning".

I can get almost everything I buy at Wal Mart or Fareway cheaper in the context of "I have no external input affecting where I go". The only things I buy regularly at Hy Vee are their chicken (usually about 50 cents a pound cheaper, and cut up the way/sizes I prefer) and soda (they almost always have deals on multiple 12 packs).

Otherwise, it's gotta be on sale or I don't have time to go shopping at multiple stores that occasion which for me is rare.

Otherwise, if it's in a box, sack/pouch, or can - or other fresh meats - I'm going elsewhere.

Reactions: Hawkeyenuts66
ADVERTISEMENT