ADVERTISEMENT

FYI, MSU @ IA, BTN @ 8PM tonight

Awesome! I've been waiting for this game forever! Sure glad I've never seen it before...Jake Christensen throwing lasers in the ground 5 yards behind receivers. AY had a monster game and little remembered Jevon Pugh scored the game winner I believe.
SPOILER ALERT!

(*fingers in ears*) La-la-la-la-la.....Doodle hasn't seen it! Hasn't seen it! La-la-la-la-la!!

Reactions: OKCRockHawk
Awesome! I've been waiting for this game forever! Sure glad I've never seen it before...Jake Christensen throwing lasers in the ground 5 yards behind receivers. AY had a monster game and little remembered Jevon Pugh scored the game winner I believe.

Thanks, I got a good laugh from that.

Certainly not at the time, but now....

Reactions: JRHawk2003
Actually the 07 game was better than I remember on rewatch, some observations:
  • Ineptitude of JC is obvious, everything seemed to be a fastball or had some odd spin on the football
  • AY was a man child this game, carried the rock maybe 34 times for almost 200 yards. Got dinged in OT and Pugh scored the game winner from 2 yards out. AY never regained that extra gear after the knee injuries, you could just tell he wanted to go faster but injuries robbed him
  • I'm not so sure that game should've went to OT. Late in the game, <5 min there was a very questionable catch by Dell, Sparty WR on 4th and 3 and another catch and what looked like a fumble by another Sparty WR. Both should've been reviewed and maybe they were but BTN sped right through those plays. Iowa also was trying to run clock and threw the ball on 2nd down to stop clock and then AY ran OOB, saving Sparty two TO's
  • OT was crazy, Sparty scored first and then Iowa converts like a 2nd or 3rd and about 20 for a TD to Paul Chaney. Before this however, Cleveland fumbles and just by luck it touches the OOB line saving the game
Event though the 07 season was a disappointment, you could see a ton of young talent on the field with Clayborn, Ballard, Edds, Greenwood, DJK, etc, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT