ADVERTISEMENT

Gabe Arnold moving to Iowa for Senior season

Just finished watching. Gotta say, that was a fantastic interview. Highly recommend giving it a watch. Some good nuggets in there. Had to chuckle when he was insisting that he will still grow taller.

Going to be very easy to root for Gabe. Such a likeable kid.

just to ask a question....didn't Kolby Franklin move to Iowa to wrestle His senior season ...only to be denied the chance to wrestle because of Iowa High School wrestling saying that it wasn't legal to do so?? I may be totally off base here and wrong...not the 1st time for sure.... But I must have missed something ?????

just to ask a question....didn't Kolby Franklin move to Iowa to wrestle His senior season ...only to be denied the chance to wrestle because of Iowa High School wrestling saying that it wasn't legal to do so?? I may be totally off base here and wrong...not the 1st time for sure.... But I must have missed something ?????
Yes, Franklin was ruled ineligible. But that doesn't mean their situations are the same

He did - I am pretty sure he said an interview (with Heavyweight Nation?) that he was ruled ineligible because he had competed in College Opens - one being the Matmen Open.

Franklin never had a shot. He moved mid season as well and his family didn’t move. It wasn’t an expectation of his move that he would be eligible but he did make an effort.

We ran into that with our youngest. It was about 17 years ago. That doesn’t seem possible. We had a home in the school district with an address in the school district but when school started we weren’t quite in it yet, so he didn’t get to play football his Jr year. I thought it was kind of hokey. Seems to me like a little bit of common sense would go along way in these matters. We appealed, and lost. It’s not like we were transferring a star athlete into the school district, or, that he’d been recruited. We were literally building a new home and moving!

The ironic thing about it was they allowed him to play JV, where he did look really good, so that was kinda fun!

Z

ISU board already punching their clowns about Gabe getting taken out by Tate Nak and the subsequent Iowa fan base implosion. They threw some shade at the HWC for good measure.

Totally different. Kolby had competed in College Opens. Apparently IHSAA doesn't allow HS athletes to do that, then return to HS competition.
Thats AWESOME NEWS...i was really looking forward to watching Gabe wrestle his senior season and hone his skills in Iowa City.

ISU board already punching their clowns about Gabe getting taken out by Tate Nak and the subsequent Iowa fan base implosion. They threw some shade at the HWC for good measure.
What do you expect them to say?? Tate is a stud no matter how you slice it. So is Gabe. It should be fun to watch these two battle it out, hopefully in the finals of major tournaments for years to come.

Last year's dual broke a lot of their wrestling posters.

Another gem from clowns:

"Tate is aggressive and physical I would like to see him and Arnold go at it! Arnold may have a little lead early but when Tate is done beating on him for five minutes he will catch him the last minute. Another physical wrestler I hope we get is Porter I think he would beat Jesuroga handley."

I think Nak is a very good wrestler but in matches he has lost in the past year or so I have seen him gas a little late.

Gable Porter is a very good wrestler but claims of him beating Jesuroga handily are rediculous.

Another gem from clowns:

"Tate is aggressive and physical I would like to see him and Arnold go at it! Arnold may have a little lead early but when Tate is done beating on him for five minutes he will catch him the last minute. Another physical wrestler I hope we get is Porter I think he would beat Jesuroga handley."

I think Nak is a very good wrestler but in matches he has lost in the past year or so I have seen him gas a little late.

Gable Porter is a very good wrestler but claims of him beating Jesuroga handily are rediculous.
*handley 🧐

Reactions: SPGroth
ADVERTISEMENT