ADVERTISEMENT

Gabe Arnold moving to Iowa for Senior season

For me Arnold is probably just a little bit more athletic. With that being said I have known Tate and his family for a LONG time. Completely blew my mind that he is not a Hawk. Thought for sure he would be. Great family helped my son when he was younger. I remember going up to CR for practices and how Tate’s dad was with my son. Nothing but respect for Tate and his family from me for sure. If I were a betting man I would lean towards Arnold but would not be shocked if Tate won a couple of times down the road.

Reactions: 12tdsaw
For me Arnold is probably just a little bit more athletic. With that being said I have known Tate and his family for a LONG time. Completely blew my mind that he is not a Hawk. Thought for sure he would be. Great family helped my son when he was younger. I remember going up to CR for practices and how Tate’s dad was with my son. Nothing but respect for Tate and his family from me for sure. If I were a betting man I would lean towards Arnold but would not be shocked if Tate won a couple of times down the road.

I think it will come down to Gabe being able to get in and finish on taller wrestlers. Tate has a leverage and scrambling advantage and is pretty good on the mat too. If Gabe can blow through for deep shots and put him down clean he should be in good shape. If he struggles getting deep it will favor Tate a lot more. Really at his height it's going to be a common style match up moving forward so Gabe will have to be proficient at getting angles, exploding through people and using quickness for short offense scoring to be as successful as he wants to be.

Reactions: el dub
Looks like Gabe is the underdog now vs Nak. Willie has Nak at #4 182 and Gabe #7. Gabe also dropped out of the top 20 pfp.

ADVERTISEMENT