ADVERTISEMENT

Gable Beer

Nice! Now we need some other dedicated fans to make special brews in honor of other wrestlers/teams.

It would be funny if the brewer/fan in this particular case is also a contributor to this forum. Isn't Waterloo the location of Sans Souci's preferred bridge? And doesn't he have a tendency to imbibe most nights? Hmmmm...;)

Nice! Now we need some other dedicated fans to make special brews in honor of other wrestlers/teams.

It would be funny if the brewer/fan in this particular case is also a contributor to this forum. Isn't Waterloo the location of Sans Souci's preferred bridge? And doesn't he have a tendency to imbibe most nights? Hmmmm...;)

Nah...he is strictly into drug manufacturing in the shed out back.

Anyone know if you can get this in the metro?

The "Gable Gold" beer is being sold at HyVee and Fareway Stores from what I've been told and they are working on having it available for sale in Kinnick Stadium at the Club Level! I think they could sell quite a bit of it at Kinnick Stadium on a game day which would be great for the Gable Museum as a portion of all sales are contributed back to the museum!

The brewer is Dave Morgan state champ from New Hampton and I believe he threw his hat in the Iowa State ring after High School.

No relation to the bridge.

Myself, I grew up a stones throw from the bridge and spent summers at the ball park and winters on McElroy Auditorium.

Great times!!!

I do not believe Single Soeed has an out of state distributed yet. That is a huge step or leap to take for a small craft brewery.

The brewer is Dave Morgan state champ from New Hampton and I believe he threw his hat in the Iowa State ring after High School.

No relation to the bridge.

Myself, I grew up a stones throw from the bridge and spent summers at the ball park and winters on McElroy Auditorium.

Great times!!!

I do not believe Single Soeed has an out of state distributed yet. That is a huge step or leap to take for a small craft brewery.

How old are you?

Bought a six-pack tonight when I saw it in Hy-Vee, just couldn't pass it up. And damn is it delicious

Reactions: Huck
I remember the actual Hanson brothers (just two of them). Played for the Souix City Musketeers and were a hoot to watch...
Dale Penoch and Ed Starkey jimmy Coyle, love watching and playing there.

Many don’t know, but a lot refer to old Vets Auditorium as “The Barn”, well the state tournament was held at old McElroy in the hey day and that is the original Batn. Lol.

I loved playing there too, the boards were soft and the ice was small. So much fun!!! I liked hockey so much more than wrestling, but when you wrestle 118 and 126 in college, it’s tough to be a “hockey player”.

I still play today though...

Reactions: CumberlandHawk
That was a great place to watch hockey. you could sit right by the penalty box and taunt the other team when they were in there.

It was a good time. Never left without a puck, it was pretty dead towards the end.

I remember the last game I attended there as a youngster. My dad told me to eat my peanuts in the shell. I did, like a dumb kid would. Try shitting peanut shells for two days. Pure hell and I haven’t forgiven yet.

Back to to the Hippodrome now.

It was a good time. Never left without a puck, it was pretty dead towards the end.

I remember the last game I attended there as a youngster. My dad told me to eat my peanuts in the shell. I did, like a dumb kid would. Try shitting peanut shells for two days. Pure hell and I haven’t forgiven yet.

Back to to the Hippodrome now.
And Cattle Congress.

Reactions: CumberlandHawk

I'm going to name my next batch - TnT Takedown Brown... it's going to be about a 8.3%er ;)

ADVERTISEMENT