ADVERTISEMENT

Gable released from WWE

Get rid of Telford and make him your heavyweight coach. No way Keuter plays football with Gable in the room everyday. He will make more money in wrestling endorsements than football
Do those endorsements continue after his 4 years of wrestling for Iowa like an NFL salary would? Gable being in the room doesn’t move the needle at all for a guy like Keuter as far as getting him in the room more.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Do those endorsements continue after his 4 years of wrestling for Iowa like an NFL salary would? Gable being in the room doesn’t move the needle at all for a guy like Keuter as far as getting him in the room more.
They do when you represent USA wrestling — ask Spencer how he’s doing with endorsements.

If you don’t produce you don’t last. Better they let him go while he’s still young and can try other ventures.

They do when you represent USA wrestling — ask Spencer how he’s doing with endorsements.
And I’m sure that’s very comparable to an nfl salary. Getting Gable in the room wouldn’t and couldn’t persuade Ben to go wrestling full time anyways since his scholarship is through the football team.

Any chance he can petition for a special wrestle-off? Obviously would suck for Parris since he earned the spot. I think Gable beats Parris even with this time off. Heavyweight is going to be a tough go this Olympics

Coach/HWC athlete - we would become heavy weight U immediately. What heavy or 197 at that wouldn’t want to be coached by a phenom technician like Gable?

So much upgrade opportunity out there - hope TnT wake up and take advantage of it. Invest in the future upper weights.

Will Never happen.
We like our guys
Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

Coach/HWC athlete - we would become heavy weight U immediately. What heavy or 197 at that wouldn’t want to be coached by a phenom technician like Gable?

So much upgrade opportunity out there - hope TnT wake up and take advantage of it. Invest in the future upper weights.
gable couldn't wait to do something other than wrestling...why do we think he'll be a great coach?

he doesn't seem like a guy who wants to spend the next 10+ years in a wrestling room helping develop the next generation

gable couldn't wait to do something other than wrestling...why do we think he'll be a great coach?

he doesn't seem like a guy who wants to spend the next 10+ years in a wrestling room helping develop the next generation
Maybe so - that’s why I said lots of opportunities to upgrade.

I bet an MMA fastrack to a title run will be tempting. Brock’s career had a title fight by his 3rd fight and he has been a mentor. Gable would destroy UFC heavies.

I bet an MMA fastrack to a title run will be tempting. Brock’s career had a title fight by his 3rd fight and he has been a mentor. Gable would destroy UFC heavies.
UFC heavies have changed a lot since Brock and Gable isn’t nearly as big as Brock either. A guy like Jon Jones would have Gable laying unconscious pretty quick if he fought him in the same amount of fights as it took Brock to get a title.

He still has a year of eligibility does he not? Get him on the roster "right F-in NOW!!!!"

Reactions: el dub
He still has a year of eligibility does he not? Get him on the roster "right F-in NOW!!!!"
Covid really messed eligibility up, so I am not sure how his “clock” works. Normally he would be done for sure, but I think he technically could still have a year if they allowed 2023 to be a regular redshirt and then 2024 an Olympic redshirt.

2019-TF taking 3rd
2020-SO(Covid)
2021-SO(Free Year) taking 1st
2022-JR taking 1st
2023-SR redshirt
2024-SR Olympic redshirt
2025-SR ?

With him being out of school for 2 straight years I am not sure if the above is allowed…

Covid really messed eligibility up, so I am not sure how his “clock” works. Normally he would be done for sure, but I think he technically could still have a year if they allowed 2023 to be a regular redshirt and then 2024 an Olympic redshirt.

2019-TF taking 3rd
2020-SO(Covid)
2022-JR taking 1st
2023-SR redshirt
2024-SR Olympic redshirt
2025-SR ?

With him being out of school for 2 straight years I am not sure if the above is allowed…
Yep, very confusing indeed. Some are saying he has no more, some saying he does? Most are claiming because of "clock" but Fix was older I believe? Guess we wait and see what he does next?

2019-TF taking 3rd
2020-SO(Covid)
2022-JR taking 1st
2023-SR redshirt
2024-SR Olympic redshirt
2025-SR ?

You have to take classes while you’re redshirting and you need to apply for Olympic. Doubtful he did all the above

Reactions: TarpHawk

2019-TF taking 3rd
2020-SO(Covid)
2022-JR taking 1st
2023-SR redshirt
2024-SR Olympic redshirt
2025-SR ?

There's a CFB player who got a 9th year of eligibility. I don't know that they can tell anyone no anymore, but I doubt Gable wants to wrestle collegiately any longer.

I never thought he was a fit for fake wrestling and don't think he's a fit for MMA.

No idea where his future will be but not all elite athletes are good coaches.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT