ADVERTISEMENT

Gable Steveson

lakeguy641

All-Conference
Nov 18, 2008
Does anyone know more about this kid then the fact that he's a nationally ranked 220 lber as a freshmen and that his family are big hawk fans (his name says it all) even though his brother is going to Minnesota? I mean do the Hawks have their eye on him as a possibility to take over for Stoll someday or has that ship sailed already with his brother being a future Gopher? Go Hawks

Unless there is some blow up with the Minny program I doubt we have much of a shot with him. We need a 197 so signing his brother was maybe something we needed to think about doing.

I have trouble seeing exactly what our recruiting strategy is some times. We seem to over sign some areas and then leave others bare. We don't seem to have a great game plan on filling needs and looking ahead sometimes. It is like they are throwing noodles at the wall to see if they stick. We were not even looking at Gilman until later on when osu went after him. Peters was our first choice, needless to say I like Gilman better so we lucked out Schwab nabbed Peters. Peters is a fine wrestler but you are not going to cow catch people all over in D1. Nate Moore used a whip over a lot too in HS. Guys who always win on the same big move or let guys get their legs cuz they know they can flatten them and score in HS should be avoided IMO. Pulling that off in college with nearly the same success not likely.

They have been Minnesota fans dating back to when they were still in Indiana. Unless something weird occurs all signs point to gophers at this point. He is only 14 though so a lot can change.

ADVERTISEMENT