ADVERTISEMENT

Gadson

Originally posted by Im4Iowa:
Get that man some ice cream. He earned it.

Posted from Rivals Mobile

He must have thought he was in Carver with such fine ice cream and so many fans in the stands and all......
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Originally posted by clhawks00:
That was great to see. His dad had the best view in the house for that one.
It could not be said better. Thank you.

Originally posted by shobart:
No doubt. Happy for him. That was quite the sweet ending to that match. Great athlete.
He's a stout ol' fella, that's for sure. Calmly pushed his leg out, then got the leg behind Snyder and he just kind of rag dolled him and that was all she wrote. Bada-Bing, Bada-Boom! Very impressive.

I began worrying about Kyven when he started stalling in the second
period (or was it the rope-a-dope strategy when he started backing out instead of the attacking we saw in previous matches?), but then 15 seconds later
he saw the opportunity, hooked in the leg and exploded!

Originally posted by GG121AND2:

Originally posted by clhawks00:
That was great to see. His dad had the best view in the house for that one.
It could not be said better. Thank you.
Agree 100%.
A gentleman sitting next to me said "before match started should see lots of action in this one".
So after first period scoreless I said to him " guess you had this one wrong".
Not even a full min later, boom boom bang it happen. I tured to him and said "don't kknow you but I have learned to not doubt your word"....

I just watched an interview with Kyven on IAwrestle.com- sorry if it has been posted already but I didn't see it.

I was surprised to hear he's thinking this may be it for his career. I understand where he is at but... either way LOTS of respect for this kid and whatever he chooses to do with his life.

IA wrestle interview

Very happy for KG.

Loved the train of thought (or randomness?) of the post match interview. That's what you get when you ask a young man who just won a NC what he is thinking.

Awesome move. I watched it a few times. After KG got him to the mat, it seemed like Snyder had no ability to fight. I understand "tight" but this one is for the wrestling experts, help me understand, was Snyder unable to put up any kind of fight when KG took him to the mat?

Just to be clear- the link I posted is NOT the "Ice-cream" post-match interview with ESPN! Sounds like maybe it took place today but I don't know. Very thoughtful and introspective, he talks about his history and future plans. Again, he seems like a great kid. Very happy for him.

When you are caught, your caught. Big guys don't recover like 125s or 133s, even world champs. I was surprised by how quickly the slaps were this weekend.

This post was edited on 3/23 1:17 AM by Jaybird319

Didn't care who won that match after the psychos stunts in Carver earlier this year. Iowa fans are more forgiving of opponents than our own wrestlers.

Originally posted by hawkeyesports92:
Didn't care who won that match after the psychos stunts in Carver earlier this year. Iowa fans are more forgiving of opponents than our own wrestlers.
That's Mr Psycho to you
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Agree with you 92 ... I cheered for him last year.
Went to the dual this year. Didn't cheer for him again.

Jeepers, the kid had a bad moment in a life that many of us would hope for our kids. Is your glass house safe?

Jeepers, the kid had a bad moment in a life that many of us would hope for our kids. Is your glass house safe?
It wasn't the first time it had happened with him and he was completely out of control and probably should have been ejected from the arena. He was a threat to himself and others.

It wasn't the first time it had happened with him and he was completely out of control and probably should have been ejected from the arena. He was a threat to himself and others.
Quit being a drama queen it was not that bad and I have seen some Iowa wrestlers and Terry Brands have their moments. I have seen Mad Fran act worse on occasion....Tony Ramos ran around Hilton yelling one year. Kyven is a good student...he is from a good family...he has never been in any legal trouble and now he is a Champion. He let his emotions get the best of him and I am sure he would like to be able to take that back. He is an Iowa kid that did well. GG is absolutely right...I saw Barry Davis and Gable going going at it worse at Carver. I saw Cael and his bench and Gable and Brands causeing more of a ruckus at Center mat. I am guessing that everything you hear about KG going forward will all be positive as well as everyone else I mentioned in this post.

I agree with TractorBoy, knowing Kyven personally I know for a fact he is a class act. If you are not over what happened at Carver earlier in the season, then you have personal issues. As an Iowan I will always cheer for another Iowan competing (unless they're competing against the Hawks) anyway great job Kyven!

Originally posted by TractorBoy:

Quit being a drama queen it was not that bad and I have seen some Iowa wrestlers and Terry Brands have their moments. I have seen Mad Fran act worse on occasion....Tony Ramos ran around Hilton yelling one year. Kyven is a good student...he is from a good family...he has never been in any legal trouble and now he is a Champion. He let his emotions get the best of him and I am sure he would like to be able to take that back. He is an Iowa kid that did well. GG is absolutely right...I saw Barry Davis and Gable going going at it worse at Carver. I saw Cael and his bench and Gable and Brands causeing more of a ruckus at Center mat. I am guessing that everything you hear about KG going forward will all be positive as well as everyone else I mentioned in this post.
This. Man some posters on this site wear their panties too tight.

Great job by the young man. I was rooting him on at Des Moines two years ago, but it wasn't to be that year. Glad he made it to the top of the stand. Best of luck to him in his future endeavors.

Congrats and a well earned accomplishment for Kyven Gadsen.

Gadsen is basically the first national champ who was recruited by Jackson. Even though they won during Jackson's first two years I don't give Jackson credit for Jake Varner and David Zibriskie who both won national titles in his first year or Jon Reader who won in his second as they were all Sanderson recruits.

Originally posted by Hicksy87:
Congrats and a well earned accomplishment for Kyven Gadsen.

Gadsen is basically the first national champ who was recruited by Jackson. Even though they won during Jackson's first two years I don't give Jackson credit for Jake Varner and David Zibriskie who both won national titles in his first year or Jon Reader who won in his second as they were all Sanderson recruits.
I think - arguably - you could give KJ some credit for Z and Reader.....

They did not reach the top of the podium under any other coach.

Yes you could give him some credit Tractor. However, all three were AA prior to Jackson becoming HC with Varner being a returning champ.

You're kidding, right?

Originally posted by Hicksy87:
Yes you could give him some credit Tractor. However, all three were AA prior to Jackson becoming HC with Varner being a returning champ.
That is why I did not include Varner in my response....

The others were AA's but not Champs....there is a difference....they got over the hump on KJ's watch so KJ should get some credit. KJ has coached 4 individual NC on his watch (Varner being a returning NC but he did not lose a step under KJ). The interesting thing to watch now is.....does KJ come back.....his contract is up and there has been no word about it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT