ADVERTISEMENT

Gambling is a sin

GG121AND2

HR All-American
Aug 1, 2007
... except when it provides wrestling shoes for financially-challenged middle school kids.

Your response to slushhead's challenge is funding shoes for two middle school teams, at ten pairs per team. Lack of adequate gear is one of the biggest roadblocks to middle school participation and you are breaking down the barrier.

I can't thank you enough.

Jim Brown

Founder/Board President
Wrestling for Life

R.8153f1db194c78e41807f465d2de703b

Let’s go people. Who wants to go B1G tourney team points, Ayala+Young vs. Hildebrandt+Berge for $25 to WFL?

If no one else takes this in the next 48 hours, count me in on it, with an addendum that we both pay in event of a tie
Hi gents, I'll take that action if you want to free yourself of one of those bets sstark. Just let me know. I too enjoy some good Iowa-PSU gambling. :)

@PSU Mike I will accept your $25 to WFL, but I will offer a $50 bet for next matchup/ higher placement at nationals.

Whoever wins the next matchup wins the bet. If they don't wrestle again, then whoever places higher wins.

Caveat if they are on opposite sides of the bracket, and get 2nd/3rd with both only losing to Gable, then we both "lose" and we both pay WFL. You in?

@PSU Mike I will accept your $25 to WFL, but I will offer a $50 bet for next matchup/ higher placement at nationals.

Whoever wins the next matchup wins the bet. If they don't wrestle again, then whoever places higher wins.

Caveat if they are on opposite sides of the bracket, and get 2nd/3rd with both only losing to Gable, then we both "lose" and we both pay WFL. You in?
Sorry, the reason I offered the exact bet is everybody had a good idea that the loser was likely to be in 4/5 at NCAA, making the higher placer a near given. If for some they meet again in two weeks I’m in for another 25.

Sorry, the reason I offered the exact bet is everybody had a good idea that the loser was likely to be in 4/5 at NCAA, making the higher placer a near given. If for some they meet again in two weeks I’m in for another 25.
I agree - which is why I worded my 2nd bet that way. I think Cass will be 3 seed and Kerk 4/5, meaning I think Kerk will lose in the semis and battle back for 3rd, and Cass will make the finals and lose for 2nd, without them facing each other. In that case we would both do $50 to WFL as they did not face each other and both lost to Gable - I feel that in a bet for charity, a push means both parties pay

In any other scenario (they dont both lose to Gable), we would take winner of H2H, or higher placer.

Regardless, I'm good with simply another $25 on the outcome they face each other again.

I agree - which is why I worded my 2nd bet that way. I think Cass will be 3 seed and Kerk 4/5, meaning I think Kerk will lose in the semis and battle back for 3rd, and Cass will make the finals and lose for 2nd, without them facing each other. In that case we would both do $50 to WFL as they did not face each other and both lost to Gable - I feel that in a bet for charity, a push means both parties pay

In any other scenario (they dont both lose to Gable), we would take winner of H2H, or higher placer.

Regardless, I'm good with simply another $25 on the outcome they face each other again.
Ya gotta say, I know how to set a fair betting line. Cass/Kerk was as close as it gets, and my bet on Iowa’s 125+157 points vs ours I lost 15.5 to 16.0. I’ll send Jim’s crew the funds for both, and I’m good for $25 on any H2H at 285 in 11-13 days.

People need to pay up!!!!
I hate doing image hosting sites, but please accept this as my proxy on my word
You donated $50.00 USD to Wrestling for Life​
Thank you for using PayPal​
Donation Details​
Date:​
March 6, 2022​
Transaction ID:​
4A893030MFXXX​
Purpose:​
Wrestling For Life​
Donation to:​
Wrestling for Life​

Donation Details​
March 6, 2022​

Last edited:
Donation Details​
March 6, 2022​
4A893030MF443​
Wrestling For Life​
Wrestling for Life​

Donation Details​
March 6, 2022​
You are a great sport!!!

Reactions: PSU Mike
Donation Details​
March 6, 2022​
4A893030MF443​
Wrestling For Life​
Wrestling for Life​

Donation Details​
March 6, 2022​
There are some Middle School kids that don't have shoes that now will because of you.

How does that make you feel? 🌈💫✨⚡💥🔥

Ya gotta say, I know how to set a fair betting line. Cass/Kerk was as close as it gets, and my bet on Iowa’s 125+157 points vs ours I lost 15.5 to 16.0. I’ll send Jim’s crew the funds for both, and I’m good for $25 on any H2H at 285 in 11-13 days.
You're a good man, PSU, Mike. I can't believe your 125 didn't bring you any points; that's insane...and incredibly lucky on my part. That being said, I've got my own bills to pay over on Nittany Nation. :)

Reactions: Jrjt0518
I’m good with the switch. I’m not always the quickest with team points, but we’ll figure it out, @Nashville_Hawkeye.
Hi Mike,

Here's the receipt for the $95 I paid for bets on Nittany Nation.

cause-success-desktop.svg

Thanks for donating $95.00 USD to
Wrestling for Life
Increase your impact and ask your friends to match your donation
Share via EmailShare on FacebookShare on MessengerShare on WhatsappShare on TwitterCopy link
Transaction ID: 20954829570288699

Hey, @sstark46 sorry for thread revival. I’ll send another $25 to WFL as a “winner’s tax.” I realize we only wagered on H2H, but there weren’t many bets I was comfortable making between our teams due to the injury level so let’s say I would have lost at least one somewhere.

Reactions: sstark46
ADVERTISEMENT