ADVERTISEMENT

Game of the Week in Iowa City this weekend

cidsports

HB King
After missing Iowa's last home game, I hope to be back at Kinnick Stadium for #3 Iowa vs. #4 Penn State.

It was interesting listening to James Franklin today. Iowa appears to have his full attention. He suggested RB Tyler Goodson has been there forever. He expects to see our RBs and TEs plenty.

There is one aspect of the Hawkeyes' game, though, that Franklin thinks has elevated their level so far this season — their takeaway numbers, as I read the Penn State Rivals site.

"That's the thing that they're doing right now that makes them special," he said.

“Turnovers equate to winning as much as anything,” James Franklin said. “Turnovers and explosive plays. When you can do that, you're going to help your team play and you're going to put yourself in a position to play the game for a long time.

“I think everybody knows that's the storyline in this game. Right? They're doing a lot of things well. That's the thing that they're doing right now that makes them special and it impacts their entire team. It helps defensive statistics because they get off the field. It helps offensive statistics because they create short fields and scoring opportunities. It's all of it.”

Franklin appears to be somewhat of a fan on what Iowa is doing defensively under Phil Parker. Very respectful.

Franklin appears to be sincere towards one of the best new traditions in College Football.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News