ADVERTISEMENT

Gameday features

theiacowtipper

HR Legend
Feb 17, 2004
Any idea what ESPN will feature on both teams Saturday. I would assume they will do something on Purdy. My guess is probably the Paulsen Twins for Iowa.

Jack Trice. The man. Not the stadium.
I'd be surprised if they don't do something about Trice. Only major college stadium in the country named for an African-American. Good story.

Purdy has kinda been done to death already, and he's just a sophomore.

I wouldn't be shocked to see a feature about home-grown linemen. If I'm not mistaken, all the starters on the offensive line for BOTH teams are from Iowa.

I'd be surprised if they don't do something about Trice. Only major college stadium in the country named for an African-American. Good story.

I wouldn't be shocked to see a feature about home-grown linemen. If I'm not mistaken, all the starters on the offensive line for BOTH teams are from Iowa.
That’s a good one. Especially if any of them are farmers. ESPN usually likes to squeeze that element into anything Iowa-related.

One reported Gameday feature will focus on noted Iowa state alumnus Carrie Chapman Catt who was an American women's suffrage leader from early 20th century.
Here is a preview:

Reactions: rchawk
Im living outside the state so I would think Field of dreams,Its not heaven its Iowa line will show up in the signs or Reference Iowa State as Corn hole champs. Just guessing on the last one.....

Last edited:

And at least for Iowa, they all wrestle.

ADVERTISEMENT