ADVERTISEMENT

Gameday Iowa Michigan

Iowa Hog

HR MVP
Sep 30, 2001
Went early around 7:30 around the stadium. Was struck by how many people are involved with the game day activities. Band members, security personal vendors, cheerleders, pom pom girls, everybody seemed energized. Must be around a thousands or so working or active for the game. Then there were about 50,000 tailgating and drinking anticipating the game, but were guaranteed a good time before the game starts. The game was lackluster until the 4th quarter, most excitement came from the pom pom girl cowboy skit. Then Iowa football came alive in 4th quarter and Michigan was reeling. My ticket was up close around the 26 row and the ability and effort players have is very impressive, especially the defensive linebackers and defensive backs who often are 1 or 2 players from preventing a touchdown. Worst refereeing I've seen, the Big Ten wanted to make sure Michigan would win

Nice info...thanks for providing this perspective. From my vantage point watching at home on TV...the game flow and energy seemed the same as you describe. It's interesting to think that with 8-9 minutes left in the game it sure looked like the Hawks were going to score to make it 20-14. I actually felt really good at that moment. Really thought if Iowa scored there Michigan would have panicked a bit and we would have had a really good chance at a 3 and out, allowing us to get the ball back with 4 minutes or so....with a ton of momentum. If you think about it....at the moment in the game that I'm referring to....it was really a "tight' feeling game. Obviously, things didn't work out...and that was hard to watch. Such a let down when they didn't convert and then get that score!

At no point did I actually think Iowa was going to win the game, and the officiating did not cost Iowa the game. Their piss poor offense did.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT