ADVERTISEMENT

GAO confirms Drumpf broke the law when he withheld Ukraine aid

Giving my hard-earned tax $$$$ to a foreign government is also breaking the law.

giphy.gif

Sure. Show where in the Constitution foreign aid is lawful.
I know this may come as a surprise, but we have codified many new laws since our constitution was written. The foreign assistance act was passed in 1961 and amended subsequently.

https://www.usaid.gov/ads/policy/faa

The Impoundment Control Act which the GAO confirmed Trump violated, was passed in 1974.

https://budget.house.gov/publications/report/impoundment-control-act-1974-what-it-why-does-it-matter

giphy.gif

I asked for it already. Can't prove a negative.

You can't take money by force out of the pockets of Americans and give it overseas. They do, but, it's not constitutional.
I gave you links to laws on the books that have never been overturned by the Supreme Court. Your views on this do not make those laws unconstitutional.

giphy.gif

I asked for it already. Can't prove a negative.

You can't take money by force out of the pockets of Americans and give it overseas. They do, but, it's not constitutional.
The Constitution does not say drivers can be limited in how fast they drive. Therefore, speed limits are unconstitutional.

The Constitution does not specify the age you must be to have sexual relations. Therefore laws against child rape are unconstitutional.

Nice logic there, lol.

Doh!

On Thursday, the nonpartisan Government Accountability Office (GAO) released a report concluding that President Donald Trump’s Office of Management and Budget (OMB) violated federal law by refusing to render the funds for Ukrainian military sales that were approved by Congress:

DOH!
Luckily for Trump laws do not apply to him. He has never been held accountable, why would that change now?

Reactions: IACub
BS - The act removed a POTUS from indefinitely or permanently delaying approved funding. It does not prohibit any delay. And exactly where in the Ukraine funding appropriation did it say funding had to be given by a certain date or within a specified amount of time?

ADVERTISEMENT