ADVERTISEMENT

Garage v wife/kids

nolesincebirth

HR Legend
Apr 15, 2003
Anyone else fight this battle? I like to keep the garage clean, organized, and open for a car, if needed. My wife and kids think the garage is a dumping area for anything they don’t want to put away. So every few months, I blow up, get pissed off, and clean out the garage. It’s our cycle.

Well, it’s winter time, I need to get the garage clear for a car for snow so I can get it out of the driveway. So, I’m in my pissy mood because the cycle has come full circle and it’s my problem again. My wife, trying to be helpful, says, “so what are you trying to do.” To which I reply, slowly, “clear. Out. The. Garage.” Apparently, this response makes me an ass. 🤷‍♂️

We "compromised"...3 car garage. 2 cars go in the garage.. all their disorganized crap goes beside and around the fishing boat...still a pain in the ass. But works better than trying to get our kids car in there along with all their other useless crap.

Reactions: nolesincebirth
Anyone else fight this battle? I like to keep the garage clean, organized, and open for a car, if needed. My wife and kids think the garage is a dumping area for anything they don’t want to put away. So every few months, I blow up, get pissed off, and clean out the garage. It’s our cycle.

Well, it’s winter time, I need to get the garage clear for a car for snow so I can get it out of the driveway. So, I’m in my pissy mood because the cycle has come full circle and it’s my problem again. My wife, trying to be helpful, says, “so what are you trying to do.” To which I reply, slowly, “clear. Out. The. Garage.” Apparently, this response makes me an ass. 🤷‍♂️
Don’t blame your wife, blame me. I suggested she slowly start moving your stuff to the garage after I banged her.

2 car garage with 2 cars in it. You can find ways to store stuff in a garage, shed, or basement.

I have something like these end to end in my garage. Couldn’t do it otherwise.

imageService

Reactions: Theyset.theStage
Having a hard time comprehending how that happens, have a three stall garage three cars are parked in it every night.

I’m anal about the garage.

It’s only a two door but it’s deep so I have a small 12’ X 14’ work shop in the back. All the kids stuff and bikes on shelves on both sides. Everything goes in a place so the truck and SUV fit.

I honestly care more about the garage being organized than the house and the rest of the family knows it.

Brother, I feel your pain. I feel like @Moral has had similar issues? I posted this two years ago…

We have a two-stall, but my wife has her side filled with shit I told her not buy years ago. And if she hadn’t, she’d have wasted a lot less money AND not had her car stolen for a joy ride. I didn’t bring that up. I thought it to myself though.

I don't care if it's a garage, closet, room, etc.

Your wife is a hoarder and is passing it to your kids. Don't even try using that term unless you want to get into a huge argument where everything turns into a "but you have X, why can't i have a pile of Y?!' It's not worth the headache. They build emotional attachments to piles of garbage, and they will try to hide those piles of garbage in every nook and cranny where they think you won't see it.

Get yourself on a schedule where you pick a month every year where you're the one that takes the garbage out, do it late at night as an 'oh shit, i need to take this out,' and get rid of the piles of garbage that way. Anything of value that hasn't been touched for 6 months or however long you set your limit will go on ebay.

I do it every year and end up putting somewhere between 8-10k into the bank for what was otherwise garbage taking up space.

We use our 3 car garage for 3 cars, and still have one outside. PITA playing musical cars depending on who is here, leaving, etc.

We have some in the neighborhood with 3 car garages so full of stuff they can’t park anything inside, or maybe one car at most. I don’t get it.
Neighbor have four cars with zero in the garage.

Neighbor have four cars with zero in the garage.

I thought the best was when i lived in Chicago. Everybody had a garage behind their house or condo, there was probably enough parking for 85-90% of the cars for people that lived on the street.....but there wasn't enough parking on the street because everybody's garage was full of shit. So, my block had it zoned and you needed a zone sticker to park on the street. Ok, problem solved for us but it moved the problem a block over in every direction that had to then zone the parking. At the end of the day, the whole neighborhood was zoned parking and there wasn't enough room on the street for cars....again.

Reactions: SA_Hawk
Shit, I have two TVs and a old pool table in the garage. Where the hell am I going to put the riff raff when they come over....I only have four TVs and one pool table in the playroom. For sure not letting them put on a Dolphins game inside the house....that's garage stuff. I am not taking out the bar or the poker table in the playroom to put in another table just so they can come inside the house.

There is plenty of room in the driveway for the 6 cars....they have roofs and can live outside.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT