ADVERTISEMENT

Garland making a statement

(IF) the reason to speak now was to curb violence. I’m not saying him waiting is what led to the shooter in Cincinnati. Don’t you think it would have been smarter to speak sooner (IF) he thought speaking would curb violence?
Nothing he says no matter when he says it will stop those lunatics. Do you disagree?

What’s that supposed to mean? I thought you were better than that, Focker.
If he has the mindset that trump voters are terrorists and the Taliban then he has no business teaching kids. In fact he should be fired. That's why when I call him out to see if he has the balls to confront people especially the kids parents, he cowers away. He knows he would get canned

If he has the mindset that trump voters are terrorists and the Taliban then he has no business teaching kids. In fact he should be fired. That's why when I call him out to see if he has the balls to confront people especially the kids parents, he cowers away. He knows he would get canned
It’s hyperbole, for sure, but since when has use of hyperbole bothered a Trump supporter?

And no, holding those views doesn’t merit termination. Expressing those views to kids or parents would be another matter.

Nothing he says no matter when he says it will stop those lunatics. Do you disagree?
I haven’t made it clear that I agree? I’ve said it a couple of times. Him doing it after the fact and saying what Tom posted he said, means he thinks it will have some positive effect. If he thinks that, then why wait until after something happens? That’s the best I can describe my entire point.

Whether you or I think it makes a difference is moot.

It’s hyperbole, for sure, but since when has use of hyperbole bothered a Trump supporter?

And no, holding those views doesn’t merit termination. Expressing those views to kids or parents would be another matter.
The Taliban and the terrorists he is trying to compare us to are pure evil, you have no business calling a fellow American that, unless you are just plain stupid or have as much hate as the terrorists do. I have never held that amount of contempt or hate that some of you do over a political vote. Some of you who act all innocent need to look in the mirror because you are doing nothing to improve the issues in America. You may think you are, especially on a message board, but you are not.

so yes holding those views should amount to termination, God help the children and parents he exposes his BS rhetoric to

The Taliban and the terrorists he is trying to compare us to are pure evil, you have no business calling a fellow American that unless you are just plain stupid or have as much hate as the terrorists do. I have never held that amount of contempt or hate that some of you do over a political vote. Some of you who act all innocent need to look in the mirror because you are doing nothing to improve the issues in America. You may think you are, especially on a message board, but you are not.

so yes holding those views should amount to termination, God help the children and parents he exposes his BS rhetoric to
I don’t take the message board seriously enough to care that much.

I disagree. People are at liberty to hold whatever views they choose. Expressing those views inappropriately is another matter.

Reactions: torbee
The Taliban and the terrorists he is trying to compare us to are pure evil, you have no business calling a fellow American that, unless you are just plain stupid or have as much hate as the terrorists do. I have never held that amount of contempt or hate that some of you do over a political vote. Some of you who act all innocent need to look in the mirror because you are doing nothing to improve the issues in America. You may think you are, especially on a message board, but you are not.

You're completely full of shit.

Then sit on the bench and do nothing. Meanwhile the Republican Party will continue down the road to fascism.

I am a Democrat but you God damn better believe if the roles were reversed and the Dems were the ones leading the charge on Jan 6, I would be voting Republican.
You are spot on. I voted Republican most my life. Voted for Gary Johnson in 2016. After four years of dividing America you can be damn sure I didn’t make that mistake again. Voted for Biden in 2020.

If Trump had been elected, I believe there would have been far more Covid deaths in the US, Zelenskyy would be in a Siberian prison, the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act would have instead been another corporate tax break, inflation and the price of gas would be about what it is right now, and Trump would still be playing golf 5x/week in Mar Lago.

And yet still much better than you
Of course you are. You just keep thinking those positive thoughts and someday you will become someone.

LOL - you're a pathetic loser who continues to demonstrate it over and over and over.

I’m guessing you consider someone saying they don’t agree with the “raid” as defending Trump? Which I don’t 100% disagree with but it’s a bit different than sucking his orange Johnson at every turn. Maybe I should have phrased my earlier question better.

Basically, what I’m saying is that I have a difficult time thinking that 98% of elected Republicans have become so radicalized that our democracy is going to end based on Trump. Maybe I’m naive.
Yes that is correct. Also saying that they don't trust the FBI or our institutions because of this. That is dangerous unless you have very good evidence to the contrary. What it leads to is a breakdown of our social norms. That is what you saw when Trump did not attend Biden's inaugration and we didn't have a fully peaceful transfer of power for the first time in our lifetimes.

You’re honest and I appreciate that. Republican’s are known to be nay sayers. So, if we don’t wake up, what will “America” look like going into 2030. What’s your warning to future us?
I know you didn't ask me but I think we are seeing that distrust (without any evidence mind you) start to cause complete chaos. I think you start seeing politicians like MTG and Boebert and Josh Hawley be able to get higher positions and perhaps the Presidency. I think there is something to be said about being "presidential" and I think we will see a lot more unrefined "trailer park" type politicians.

Maybe this is just a phase or an era and we get back to "normal" at some point but I don't know.

Last edited:
Reactions: SWIowahawks
Yes…it’s 1930’s Germany. 🙄

You know, you don’t have to exaggerate to make a point.
You are correct, it is not 1930s Germany.

The better parallel is late 1920s Germany when the fascist movement was still nascent and only held by an active and fierce minority. We still have a good fighting chance to kill it in the crib.

So you want people fired over their political beliefs? GTFO.

I know you didn't ask me but I think we are seeing that distrust (without any evidence mind you) start to cause complete chaos. I think you start seeing politicians like MTG and Boebert and Josh Hawley be able to get higher positions and perhaps the Presidency. I think there is something to be said about being "presidential" and I think he will a lot more unrefined "trailer park" type politicians.

Maybe this is just a phase or an era and we get back to "normal" at some point but I don't know.
Wasn’t Hawley one of a handful of Republicans
I know you didn't ask me but I think we are seeing that distrust (without any evidence mind you) start to cause complete chaos. I think you start seeing politicians like MTG and Boebert and Josh Hawley be able to get higher positions and perhaps the Presidency. I think there is something to be said about being "presidential" and I think he will a lot more unrefined "trailer park" type politicians.

This normal has only felt different because of how it’s dispensed. There have always been extremists in government. Half truths and whole lies are absolutely everywhere. I’m not sure how that changes, honestly.

This normal has only felt different because of how it’s dispensed. There have always been extremists in government. Half truths and whole lies are absolutely everywhere. I’m not sure how that changes, honestly.
Bullshit. This level of political desecration by the republicans is unprecedented.

Yes but extremism has taken over a party and a movement. Trump, I believe, was the first President not to attend the next President's inaugration in modern times. That is very symbolic, imo, and very significant. It is a microcosm of the Trumpism era of defying social norms and is ironcially un-American.

This era of politics is not like any era we have experienced in America. Extremism has taken over one party and it needs to stop before it takes over the country.

You don’t think some Trump supporters are future domestic terrorists?
We just had one attack the FBI today.
Scroll through a few of these recent posts from Trump people and tell me they aren’t potential terrorists.

Yes but extremism has taken over a party and a movement. Trump, I believe, was the first President not to attend the next President's inaugration in modern times. That is very symbolic, imo, and very significant. It is a microcosm of the Trumpism era of defying social norms and is ironcially un-American.

This era of politics is not like any era we have experienced in America. Extremism has taken over one party and it needs to stop before it takes over the country.
Fair. Dispose of Trump and things will be less extreme.

Reactions: srams21
It’s pretty to easy to understand if you think about it. If you are a Republican politician, you have your core that will always vote Republican no matter what.

Trump added significantly to the people who will vote Republican, that do not normally vote.

So, if you are a Republican politician, you need both voting populations if you want to win your election.

That is the main reason you see so many Republicans embracing Trump’s beliefs and fans.

It will not stop until you have your hardcore Republicans who always vote Republican say, “We reject Trump, wtf are you Republican politicians doing?”

As you can see by most of the Republicans on this board, that will not happen anytime soon.

And I don’t mean just saying it, say it at the polls by voting against Republicans. You can say Trump sucks, but if in the next election it’s Biden vs Trump and you vote 3rd party, not Biden, you are still supporting Trump.
Totally agree with this. My similar take on this is that many Republicans probably don’t want to follow Trump but, unfortunately, Trump has so completely transformed the Republican base (with a big assist from Faux News) that they have little choice but to bend over and take it. Because if they don’t then they aren’t getting re-elected.

I know it’s popular to think Trump isn’t very smart but he sure seems to understand mass psychology and manipulation very well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT