ADVERTISEMENT

Garland making a statement

If he believes we are terrorists, 100%, why doesn’t he move. He is surrounded by terrorists?
Maybe don’t take people literally?

Weirdly, this is a fundamental difference I see between progressives and conservatives —- and this isn’t a criticism of conservatives — but I feel like they think much more linearly and struggle to think abstractly.

Tom Paris clearly doesn’t LITERALLY believe all Republicans are terrorists or the Taliban. But he is able to see parallels between mindsets in those two cohorts. This is an example of abstract thinking, which again, I think conservatives are poor at.

Terrorism is the use of violence or fear to achieve an ideological gain.

Yeah, calling them terrorists is just way too far when they’re on social media threatening violence against ideological rivals and then going so far as trying to kill them.
It mentions “especially against civilians”in the terrorist definition, which I don’t think was the goal on Jan 6

Weirdly, this is a fundamental difference I see between progressives and conservatives —- and this isn’t a criticism of conservatives — but I feel like they think much more linearly and struggle to think abstractly.

Tom Paris clearly doesn’t LITERALLY believe all Republicans are terrorists or the Taliban. But he is able to see parallels between mindsets in those two cohorts. This is an example of abstract thinking, which again, I think conservatives are poor at.
Well if he continues to say it, and won’t deny it when questioned what do you expect me to think?

Do you think that rhetoric helps anyone?

• Haha
Reactions: unsubstantiated
It mentions “especially against civilians”in the terrorist definition, which I don’t think was the goal on Jan 6

A “civilian” is a non-military citizen.

What was the goal on January 6th if it wasn’t directed at “civilians”? An act of war against the United States armed forces? An attack only directed at capitol police?

Members of Congress are “civilians”.

What was the goal on January 6th if it wasn’t directed at “civilians”? An act of war against the United States armed forces? An attack only directed at capitol police?

Keep in mind, he's an idiot.

I don’t think it changes minds, no.

That said, I’m not going to fault someone for passionately expressing their concern for their country and I sincerely believe that is what Chis is doing.
So it’s ok to call people terrorists who clearly aren’t? People have obviously forgotten what happened to us on 9/11

Probably not in the eyes of the Jan 6 criminals

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Prove him wrong. That’s all I’m saying. Instead you smack talk and can’t back it up. It’s like you don’t even pay attention to the Republicans in leadership. They’re telling us what they’re doing. Stop being ridiculous.
Plenty of people have called his rhetoric hyperbole, even some of your democrat friends. I don’t know what else you want me to prove. It’s literally right in front of you

Prove him wrong. That’s all I’m saying. Instead you smack talk and can’t back it up. It’s like you don’t even pay attention to the Republicans in leadership. They’re telling us what they’re doing. Stop being ridiculous.
He's an embarrassment. A "Moderate" MAGAt fine with everything happening by the GOP domestic terrorist organization.

Probably not in the eyes of the Jan 6 criminals

Words have meanings.

Being uneducated and not understanding what words mean doesn’t change their definition.

They used threats of violence and actual violence against ideological rivals. By definition, that makes them terrorists.

Crashing a plane into a building due to ideological differences? Terrorism.

Threatening to hang the Vice President and storming the capitol over ideological differences? Terrorism.

Showing up at abortion clinics and threatening violence against patients or providers? Terrorism.

Shooting up a gay nightclub because you hate gays? Terrorism.

Attacking the FBI office? Technically not direct terrorism as the FBI are not civilians, but it indirectly is as the intent was to put fear into ideological opponents (belief that Biden and “liberals” instructed FBI to raid Trump). His social media postings made that clear.

It isn’t a difficult concept. Unless you somehow sympathize with the terrorist. Then words get twisted and mental gymnastics get put on display. Example: you in this thread.

If he believes we are terrorists, 100%, why doesn’t he move. He is surrounded by terrorists?
You are flailing in this thread like a man falling out of a tree. Take a pill. Do you talk all your wild right wing politics to your patients? Never mind. You shouldn’t be trusted around sick people because of your political beliefs. It doesn’t matter if you’re good at your job or not.

Thanks for the confidence booster as I'm team America aka 1944 Antifa
Words have meanings.

Being uneducated and not understanding what words mean doesn’t change their definition.

They used threats of violence and actual violence against ideological rivals. By definition, that makes them terrorists.

Crashing a plane into a building due to ideological differences? Terrorism.

Threatening to hang the Vice President and storming the capitol over ideological differences? Terrorism.

Showing up at abortion clinics and threatening violence against patients or providers? Terrorism.

Shooting up a gay nightclub because you hate gays? Terrorism.

Attacking the FBI office? Technically not direct terrorism as the FBI are not civilians, but it indirectly is as the intent was to put fear into ideological opponents (belief that Biden and “liberals” instructed FBI to raid Trump). His social media postings made that clear.

It isn’t a difficult concept. Unless you somehow sympathize with the terrorist. Then words get twisted and mental gymnastics get put on display. Example: you in this thread.
So the assaults on Paul and the softball shooting you would classify as terrorists?

• Haha
You are flailing in this thread like a man falling out of a tree. Take a pill. Do you talk all your wild right wing politics to your patients? Never mind. You shouldn’t be trusted around sick people because of your political beliefs. It doesn’t matter if you’re good at your job or not.
You preconceived notion that I agree with the extreme right wing, is part of your problem, I also told you I don’t have the amount of hate in my heart like some of you do. BTW patients love me

So it’s ok to call people terrorists who clearly aren’t? People have obviously forgotten what happened to us on 9/11
Do you think the majority of domestic terrorists on 1/6 were Trump voters? And wasn’t he the head of the Republican Party on that day?

The rhetoric is using the word “all” but using the word terrorist for the Republicans who stormed the capital is objectively accurate.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT