ADVERTISEMENT

Garza done in Detroit

Looked pretty good tonight. Moved well. As light as I've seen him on his feet changing directions. Think he'll stick around for a while

Not sure he will make the 15 man roster but he could be one of the two 2-way players, where he shuttles back and forth, as needed, between Minneapolis and Des Moines.

Not sure he will make the 15 man roster but he could be one of the two 2-way players, where he shuttles back and forth, as needed, between Minneapolis and Des Moines.
Yeah he'll play a lot of the season in Des Moines. I'm just more confident he'll stick around the league for some years with his added fluidity

I saw that he's listed at center with Gobert and Reid. Didn't see any others playing that position. Maybe he has a real shot this time.
Karl Anthony Towns has been the Wolves starting center for the past few years (my guess is that he will start at the “4” as Gobert will start at center, but still slide over to the 5 in some lineups) but he is recovering from an illness right now and hasn’t been playing. Nathan Knight is a forward that could also maybe play center in an undersized lineup, and I think Garza is competing with him for a two way contract

Reactions: Hawksfor3
Karl Anthony Towns has been the Wolves starting center for the past few years (my guess is that he will start at the “4” as Gobert will start at center, but still slide over to the 5 in some lineups) but he is recovering from an illness right now and hasn’t been playing. Nathan Knight is a forward that could also maybe play center in an undersized lineup, and I think Garza is competing with him for a two way contract
I'm wondering if he can finally land a spot. He can make good dough overseas. Hoping something good will come his way soon.

Garza’s going off. Deep two jumper, made two free throws on a shooting foul, then hit back to back threes

Floyd Mayweather is sitting court side and Garza’s been pointing at him and staring him down after his shots. Floyd, the announcers, and TWolves bench are all loving it

10 points in 5 minutes

Going to be fun to watch this year in Minnesota. 15 points, 4 rebounds, and a steal in 12 minutes. This after a game in which he played 4 minutes, and went 1 of 1 for 2 points, 2 rebounds, a steal, and a block, pretty good coming in cold at the end of a game.

If I have read correctly, Monday is the deadline for settling the 15 player roster, but the 2 two-way players have to be done by Saturday to have the 48 hours to clear waivers. Is that correct? If so, then we will soon know if he has a job beyond the pre-season with Minnesota.

If I have read correctly, Monday is the deadline for settling the 15 player roster, but the 2 two-way players have to be done by Saturday to have the 48 hours to clear waivers. Is that correct? If so, then we will soon know if he has a job beyond the pre-season with Minnesota.

Anyone know what the projections are right now? If Garza is cut, I wonder if he would get a shot with the Lakers. He just put on a great audition in front of Lebron and AD. They need the shooting.

Anyone know what the projections are right now? If Garza is cut, I wonder if he would get a shot with the Lakers. He just put on a great audition in front of Lebron and AD. They need the shooting.
Haven't really seen any. But he appears to have done everything possible to make a good impression. The nice words from the coach are a good sign. Would be great if he just got some consistent minutes in the NBA for 10-15 games in a row and see what the results would be.

He's definitely put in the work to give himself a shot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT