ADVERTISEMENT

Garza up to 270 lbs.

Between him at 270 and Ogundele at 275, I don't think we will get pushed around in the post.

When it's the right kind of muscle gain....I think it would. I think that Frank and Luka are about as committed to improving his athleticism as anyone....and they have been very smart about his improvement in every aspect of the game...so, yeah.

Yeah, wish there were more parents concerned about their kids, the way Frank is...........he's really put a lot of work, devotion in for his kid's improvement. #BeABetterParent

Luka will never have the lateral quickness desired in the NBA.

If he makes it in the League, it won't be because of his athleticism.

I think we're looking at the same thing.....and just interpreting things from a different perspective? So, for clarification, I am not saying that his athleticism will get him to the league...not saying that at all.

I am saying, that mitigating his lack of athleticism is what they are trying to do.....and if they do enough of it combined with other improvements he "might" make the league IN SPITE of his athleticism.

I think we're looking at the same thing.....and just interpreting things from a different perspective? So, for clarification, I am not saying that his athleticism will get him to the league...not saying that at all.

I am saying, that mitigating his lack of athleticism is what they are trying to do.....and if they do enough of it combined with other improvements he "might" make the league IN SPITE of his athleticism.

Of course improvement is desired. We agree.

Luka will play in the NBA...……….in fact, I'd be willing to wager a LARGE sum of money on that happening, after another great season with Theeeeee Iowa Hawkeyes :)

Yeah, wish there were more parents concerned about their kids, the way Frank is...........he's really put a lot of work, devotion in for his kid's improvement. #BeABetterParent
I'm all about the hard work, and the program Frank has set up for Luka. It's obviously paid off bigtime. I could do with a little less of the self promotion from Dad. Its almost like "look at me and what I'm doing for my son". Franks almost as big a celebrity at the games as Luka is..o_O

I’d be willing to have 4 more Iowa Dad’s who had the knowledge, desire, and resources to absolutely max their son’s potential.

There are a lot of people behind every college athlete and all should be acknowledged, but Luka’s Dad has had unusual involvement and results. I’m not a huge fan of his self promotion, but I’d gladly sign up for more like him. He hasn’t put demands on the team and the ultimate goal is team success. Sign me up.

I'm all about the hard work, and the program Frank has set up for Luka. It's obviously paid off bigtime. I could do with a little less of the self promotion from Dad. Its almost like "look at me and what I'm doing for my son". Franks almost as big a celebrity at the games as Luka is..o_O

He's not exactly Lavar Ball and he does have a lot to be proud of with his son's success.

The flip side of that coin is helicopter parents and they aren't always that far separated. I think in this case we all saw the dividends of the off season work that Luka did last summer before the season and claim the father input positive. Interesting that I almost never hear the staff getting any credit for any of that.

Reactions: kceasthawk
He's not exactly Lavar Ball and he does have a lot to be proud of with his son's success.
Believe me , I'm not saying he doesn't, BUT, I sure hope it doesn't escalate farther. I also realize its not all on Frank, as the media seems to seek him out at the games, but he eats it up a little bit too much for my taste. Many, Many successful athletes, even at Iowa have been coached or trained by their fathers. You don't see them putting out videos of their training where dads in all the videos or dad glad handing everybody at games. AJE was trained by his dad Eppy since he could walk. There are some videos out there on him training the kids but I don't get the same kind of "look what I did" vibe from any of that. Just IMHO.......

He's the second coming of Kevin Mchale, he might have a better deep outside shot but Kevin ran the floor better.

If any of my kids end up with half of the success of Luka you better believe I’m posting videos daily, haha. I like that the videos are training videos as opposed to game highlights. It makes it less likely to be perceived as showing off I think. And hopefully it motivates the rest of the team to try to match his dedication to offseason training.

kudos to Luka ...POY but not satisfied. The Garza braintrust is amazing.
If he can knock down the threes just a bit better he can make the league...really pulling for him.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
He's the second coming of Kevin Mchale, he might have a better deep outside shot but Kevin ran the floor better.

Is it just me, or did McHale's musculature always remind you of a dairy cow? Regardless of what you thought of him or the Celtics, McHale had great post moves and used his pivot foot as well as any big man. He had long arms and don't know how well he jumped, but he was the example video of going back up quick with reach to snare rebounds by staying on his toes.

Reactions: jasonrann
The flip side of that coin is helicopter parents and they aren't always that far separated. I think in this case we all saw the dividends of the off season work that Luka did last summer before the season and claim the father input positive. Interesting that I almost never hear the staff getting any credit for any of that.

Good grief.....…….I think we have all seen the opposite of 'helicopter' parents is tragedy for kids and family. It's like some people think Frank and Luka are going to embarrass how lazy they are, in helping their kids achieve.
#BeABetterParent
#goHawks
#ThanksFrank for being the Man who saved Iowa basketball

Reactions: T. Kimball
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT