ADVERTISEMENT

Garza

hawkbleeder

HR Legend
Jul 18, 2002
Is it just me or does he have a little Laetner in him? Big, tough, uses his feet well, little bit of an edge to him, competitor.

In terms of style and the things the OP described, I can see it. I remember those early 1990s Duke teams well (especially since they beat Iowa so much). Garza's game is very similar to CL's. Now, if he turns out to be the same caliber of player as CL, well, shoot, lol, Iowa is in business.

How many national championships did CL win, at least one and maybe more? Sign me up for that. Not sure their games are the same but probably pretty close coming out of high school.

I think Garza seems to just let his game do the talking, unlike Laetner. We shall see. But if Garza is that good, good time ahead for Iowa Hoops! Yes, did get tiring losing to Duke all those times in the 90s .

giphy.gif

anigif_enhanced-buzz-27757-1363102289-15.gif

Reactions: youcantguardme
Really like Luka's game. Really excited to see how he impacts this years team.

Laetner actually did say some funny stuff. He's one of those guys that's a total dick, but you'd love him to be our dick. He was really good so he could back it up and he really got into opponent's heads.

I heard a Laetner story where he was into all game with some Wildcat or Jay Hawk or such-can't remember. That other guy was taunting Laetner about not going to make in the NBA. Laetner just kept laughing. Literally laughed every time the other guy touched the ball, or talked or scored. Just kept looking at him and laughing. The other guy just fell apart in the final ten minutes. That's clever if you can pull it off.

Laetner was a prick. My favorite example from his time with the T-Wolves:
Frustration boiled over for Laettner, who unleashed his most famous tirade after an early season defeat.

Loser, loser, loser, loser, loser, loser, loser, loser, loser, loser, loser, winner (pointing to himself) – Laettner

As he was saying Loser, loser, loser... he was pointing at all of his teammates.

Last edited:
Frustration boiled over for Laettner, who unleashed his most famous tirade after an early season defeat.

Loser, loser, loser, loser, loser, loser, loser, loser, loser, loser, loser, winner (pointing to himself) – Laettner

As he was saying Loser, loser, loser... he was pointing at all of his teammates.
He was right.

Is it just me or does he have a little Laetner in him? Big, tough, uses his feet well, little bit of an edge to him, competitor.
From the 3 times I've seen him play, he is always moving and competing. He never seems to take a play off. To me he does not come across like Laetner, but his go, go, go motor will definitely piss off the other guy. I'm glad he's one of the good guys.

From the 3 times I've seen him play, he is always moving and competing. He never seems to take a play off. To me he does not come across like Laetner, but his go, go, go motor will definitely piss off the other guy. I'm glad he's one of the good guys.

Yeah, I'd compare him more to this guy..... ;)

nZzpEW.gif

Reactions: kceasthawk
Of course the Energizer Bunny is a dick. A very little of the drum goes a very long way. Playboy Bunny-sure. Bugs Bunny-sure, can laugh for hours at Bugs Bunny. But the drum banging rodent makes me send for one of my bulldogs if I ever got the chance. Like a Minnesota Gopher, only smarter and louder.

Did he really say that?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT