ADVERTISEMENT

Gas prices on the rise again...

There's a dem president, so the president has no effect on gas prices and no one cares about the price anyway.

I thought that was only when a republican was in office? See the Bush era.

The same people griping about gas prices now would tell you all about how gas/oil are commodities and the president can't control the price etc...

They would also laugh at the people complaining about the prices for being too poor to afford $4/gallon gas. Funny how things change.

The same people griping about gas prices now would tell you all about how gas/oil are commodities and the president can't control the price etc...

They would also laugh at the people complaining about the prices for being too poor to afford $4/gallon gas. Funny how things change.
Exactly.

When we left for Colorado July 8th, gas prices in San Antonio (my area specifically) were $2.89. Within about 4 days after our return (some time after July 15th), gas was $3.48 per gal.

Biden lowered them previously. I’m sure he’ll lower them again soon. It’s awesome that our president has that kind of power.

If we're being honest the Biden administration was saying it was out of their control when the prices were high but took full credit when prices went down.

Same thing with inflation...out of their control when it was high and taking credit when it goes down.

If we're being honest the Biden administration was saying it was out of their control when the prices were high but took full credit when prices went down.

Same thing with inflation...out of their control when it was high and taking credit when it goes down.

Seems to be a natural response to getting blamed for high prices and high inflation. For example, we didn't suddenly change presidents as inflation started to fall. Biden definitely got blamed for inflation being high so it's not surprising to see his camp make references to falling inflation. "Hey so apparently I was the reason for high inflation and oh look, it came down and I'm still in office".

If gas prices suddenly fell while Bush was president we all know he and the republican base would have taken a victory lap over it.

Reactions: TC Nole OX
Florida gasoline prices surged again last week, as pump prices have increased by 39 cents a gallon in the past month, according to the AAA auto club.

The average price of a gallon of regular unleaded Monday in Florida was $3.82, up from $3.66 a week earlier and $3.43 a month earlier.

The state hit an average of $3.84 a gallon on Friday, the highest price of the year, AAA said in a news release.

The primary causes are rising costs of oil, OPEC production cuts and extreme temperatures along the Gulf Coast that have kept refineries from operating at full capacity.

And while some easing is expected as refinery operations improve and demand slows with students returning to school, concerns remain as the annual hurricane season enters what has traditionally been its most-active period.

“Drivers should expect continued volatility at the pump during the coming months, particularly as we approach peak hurricane season," AAA spokesman Mark Jenkins said in a prepared statement.

"The majority of Florida's gasoline is supplied by refineries along the Texas, Louisiana and Mississippi coastlines. Gas prices could spike just based on the mere threat of a hurricane making landfall in this region. How high gas prices go from there —- and for how long —- would then be based on whether those refineries suffered any long term damage."

AAA also noted that oil prices tumbled after the U.S. credit rating was downgraded last week, adding to a market view that oil demand could decline if the economy weakens.

“If oil demand drops, prices would likely follow suit,” AAA said in a news release Friday. The state’s highest average prices were in the West Palm Beach area, while the lowest were in the Panhandle. The national average price Monday was $3.83 a gallon.

Seems to be a natural response to getting blamed for high prices and high inflation. For example, we didn't suddenly change presidents as inflation started to fall. Biden definitely got blamed for inflation being high so it's not surprising to see his camp make references to falling inflation. "Hey so apparently I was the reason for high inflation and oh look, it came down and I'm still in office".

If gas prices suddenly fell while Bush was president we all know he and the republican base would have taken a victory lap over it.
The point is this is nothing new and both parties engage in it...always have.

He didn’t create inflation. He has attempted things, which all Republicans voted against, because they want a bad economy, and some of that has helped here vs the rest of the world.

Gas prices are just a completely stupid argument. I still laugh about our previous Republican governor in Iowa who added a gas tax and suddenly the Cons on this board were explaining how THAT TAX was good. They will flip their opinions at the drop of a hat.

He did authorize withdraws from the strategic reserves, right?

As for the inflation, several of his initiatives that were passed, most importantly the infrastructure bill, certainly helped in bringing it down, right?

Reactions: Tom Paris
He did authorize withdraws from the strategic reserves, right?

As for the inflation, several of his initiatives that were passed, most importantly the infrastructure bill, certainly helped in bringing it down, right?
I think the fed raising interest rates had more to do with inflation coming down than anything

Reactions: biggreydogs
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT