ADVERTISEMENT

Gavin Newsom Challenges Ron DeSantis To A Debate On CNN: “Name The Time Before Election Day”...

The Tradition

HR King
Apr 23, 2002
While California Gov. Gavin Newsom has been somewhat reluctant to discuss debating the man running against him this fall, he offered a detailed proposal for a debate with a different politician 2,500 miles away.

“Hey @GovRonDeSantis,” wrote Newsom on Friday afternoon on Twitter, “clearly you’re struggling, distracted, and busy playing politics with people’s lives. Since you have only one overriding need — attention — let’s take this up & debate.”

Newsom also tagged @CNN, apparently as a proposed host for the debate.

He also responded to DeSantis’ “hair gel” quip about him earlier in the day — “I think his hair gel is interfering with his brain function” — with “I’ll bring my hair gel. You bring your hairspray. Name the time before Election Day.”

This is the post-Trump political landscape, folks. See who can out-troll the other guy. ☹️

I think this is going to happen anyways eventually if not for the ‘24 election it will be the ‘28 election

Why is Newsom worrying about DeSantis in this cycle? Just do your job and your campaign and don’t worry about Florida.

DeSantis is too smart to take him up on it. Nothing to gain when you can already rally your base by going after LGBTQ, immigrants and the media.

The better question .... is Newsome planning to primary Joe in 2024? The last Californian to enter a Dem primary (Kamala) won zero delegates.

Joe Biden Smh GIF by Election 2020

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT