ADVERTISEMENT

Gavin Williams Injury

I"m just reporting the news and like I said earlier, I wish no-one ill will, and have no vested interest in this. ISU is fine at running backs.

His decision to transfer for his senior year to win a state title was controversial, as I'm sure it would be if AJ Epenesa left for his last year to go to Alabama/Clemson/Etc to win a national championship.

Your butthurt about losing another top in-state prospect to Iowa is showing. Now I suppose you come back and say how Campbell really wasn't that high on him.

Reactions: HumbleP1e
I"m just reporting the news and like I said earlier, I wish no-one ill will, and have no vested interest in this. ISU is fine at running backs.

His decision to transfer for his senior year to win a state title was controversial, as I'm sure it would be if AJ Epenesa left for his last year to go to Alabama/Clemson/Etc to win a national championship.

I assume you oppose all grad transfers or transfers in general to isu? You wouldn’t want to come off as a complete hypocrite, would ya? I don’t remember you being so triggered when the clowns have pulled in the transfers.

Oh Governor, no one is celebrating, rather pointing out the irony of this injury, albeit a very minor one at that. It was a non-contact, non-season ending, non-career ending injury, out for a few weeks, probably won't miss any games and still win his state title. About as serious as me spraining or breaking a toe on some furniture and keeping me off the golf course for a few weeks. LOL

Still if I was Ferentz, I would pull the scholarship offer. A star player that led his team to the state playoffs semi-finals last year, transferring for his senior year to win a state title with 5 time defending state champions Dowling, exposes a character issue of "If you can't beat them, join them", and "Me First" over "Team First".

Some of you boys need to get out of your politically correct delicate sensibilities world and trying hanging out in new york city, where we tell it like it is. LOL

Strong is the butt hurt in WallStreetCy don't you think

Back to Williams, does anybody know how his training is/was going. He looked underveloped, and was pretty dang good before a good S&C program.

Why would a Cyclone fan come to a Hawk board to celebrate, excuse me, “break news” on an Iowa recruit being injured? And hide behind “breaking news” while stating “karma” a 17 year old was injured. Is there something so vitriolic in your mind about Iowa that would prompt you from your Wall St job a time zone away to trumpet an injury to a 17 year kid? My God, you belong on CF pal.
Because their jealous little brother that worries more about big brother than their own team.

Wall St Cy - and I laugh as I type that intro. Once again, why do you think you wouldn’t get pushback when you post injury news on a Hawk recruit, on an Iowa board, and call it “karma,” and are an ISU fan/troll? Your apparent incredulous responses to getting called out and crushed make you look even worse. Just stop until after the game. Then you can come here and crow or give the same laundry list of excuses for another loss.

Wall St Cy - and I laugh as I type that intro. Once again, why do you think you wouldn’t get pushback when you post injury news on a Hawk recruit, on an Iowa board, and call it “karma,” and are an ISU fan/troll? Your apparent incredulous responses to getting called out and crushed make you look even worse. Just stop until after the game. Then you can come here and crow or give the same laundry list of excuses for another loss.

He did say ‘some’ would call it karma, not that he did... trying to get his spin down...he also compared it to a pre season college all American transferring, said the scholarship should be pulled, implied that there are character issues and I am sure as a Dowling ‘fan’ he has contacted the school to let them know he is embarrassed that a player like this is representing the school. He wants to stand by his posts? Every village needs one, this guy is on the recruiting poster for it.

Did you even read that link it says he suffered a foot injury and should be back well before the season opener.. a total non story
Oh Governor, no one is celebrating, rather pointing out the irony of this injury, albeit a very minor one at that. It was a non-contact, non-season ending, non-career ending injury, out for a few weeks, probably won't miss any games and still win his state title. About as serious as me spraining or breaking a toe on some furniture and keeping me off the golf course for a few weeks. LOL
Yes I did watch the link, and did you happen to read my above post from much earlier? Try to keep up! LOL

He did say ‘some’ would call it karma, not that he did... trying to get his spin down...he also compared it to a pre season college all American transferring, said the scholarship should be pulled, implied that there are character issues and I am sure as a Dowling ‘fan’ he has contacted the school to let them know he is embarrassed that a player like this is representing the school. He wants to stand by his posts? Every village needs one, this guy is on the recruiting poster for it.
Oh CIDHawkeye, the comparison was to AJ Epenesa. So just so I understand you would have no problem if the No 1 player on your team, AJ Epenesa, transferrred for his final year, so he could win a national championship at Alabama/Clemson/etc. Got it. LOL

I wish the best for everyone. But I like athletes that choose "team first" over "me first", and don't abandon their team-mates because they have a better chance to win a championship elsewhere.

Two types of people in the world, "team first" and "me first". I'm a "team first" guy. You must be the other guy. LOL

Oh CIDHawkeye, the comparison was to AJ Epenesa. So just so I understand you would have no problem if the No 1 player on your team, AJ Epenesa, transferrred for his final year, so he could win a national championship at Alabama/Clemson/etc. Got it. LOL

I wish the best for everyone. But I like athletes that choose "team first" over "me first", and don't abandon their team-mates because they have a better chance to win a championship elsewhere.

Two types of people in the world, "team first" and "me first". I'm a "team first" guy. You must be the other guy. LOL

Great analogy, a high school player playing on a very small stage and a college player on a national stage. Very apple and orange comparison. Have you contacted the school you are a fan of about them accepting another transfer?

Great analogy, a high school player playing on a very small stage and a college player on a national stage. Very apple and orange comparison. Have you contacted the school you are a fan of about them accepting another transfer?
I actually thought the analogy was apples to apples. LOL
- No 1 player on their teams (Gavin-SE Polk; Epenesa-Iowa)
- Transfer Reason (Gavin-State Championship; Epenesa-National Champ)
- Last Year of their careers

I'm done with this topic; good luck this year, except against Iowa State. Iowa has a fine team.

I actually thought the analogy was apples to apples. LOL
- No 1 player on their teams (Gavin-SE Polk; Epenesa-Iowa)
- Transfer Reason (Gavin-State Championship; Epenesa-National Champ)
- Last Year of their careers

I'm done with this topic; good luck this year, except against Iowa State. Iowa has a fine team.

Are we going down to the USSA 12U transfers as well? Glad you are done, your troll work went well in this thread.

It's puzzling that this bothers you so much. I follow Keith Murphy on FB and when he made a post about it, it was met with resounding indifference from me. The same would have been true had he committed to ISU.

It's puzzling that this bothers you so much. I follow Keith Murphy on FB and when he made a post about it, it was met with resounding indifference from me. The same would have been true had he committed to ISU.
I know this happens in the pros (Lebron, Durant, etc), but humor me, has this ever happened in the history of Iowa high school football?
- Top player on his team, and All Stater
- Led team to state semi-finals as a junior
- Then transfers for senior year to cross-town and 5-time defending state champion Dowling so he can win a state championship

His former coaches and teammates must be saying, WTF? lol

I'm glad he didn't commit to ISU. We have 2 higher rated backs anyway.

I know this happens in the pros (Lebron, Durant, etc), but humor me, has this ever happened in the history of Iowa high school football?
- Then transfers for senior year to cross-town and 5-time defending state champion Dowling so he can win a state championship

You have a funny way of showing "you are glad he didn't commit to ISU"
You have a chronic case of Penis Inadequacy Syndrome. At least you are surrounded by plenty of fellow sufferers. Another way to phrase it is you are a POS with PIS.
I normally don't agree with Legend's over the top advice but in your case I think he may have had it right. I don't for the life of me know why you haven't been banned yet.

This happens in Omaha with a fair bit of frequency in both football in basketball. For most, it’s about getting exposure. There could be any number of reasons Gavin chose to transfer that don’t include winning state

Didn't UNI commit Jace Andregg just transfer from a school that made 4A playoffs to the another school in Solon that is highly rated in it's class?

Seriously just stop while you are behind. Every time you post you make yourself look like a bigger fool. First off if he had committed to ISU you'd be over here bragging how you got the top in state skill position player over Iowa. 2nd you've come off like a big enough idiot already calling a 17 yr old kid getting hurt karma because he transferred HS.

You have 2 higher rated backs in the 2020 class? Impressive. What are their names?

Lol k Twins

Must not follow high school sports much. It happens way more than you think.

Reactions: unoHawkeye

Not quite as high of a level but a starter from a perennial playoff qualifier transferred 8 miles to the heated rival and 4 time defending state champion, played the year, got a championship and 2 weeks after the season transferred back and then played his senior year as the team he got his championship with won their 6th in a row.

Sorry, had to come back for the edit and say wtf, it happens.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT