ADVERTISEMENT

Gazette: Iowa Republican lawmakers suggest criminalizing education

Well to bad,
*too*

Hang in there, I know I posted some articles with big words from places like The New York Times but hang in there!

Someday if you learn to read you might be able to figure out how the new Dem positions that math is racist, talented and gifted programs should no longer exist, and shutting down schools for the poorest Americans are actually EXTREMELY relevant to the topic of education! Some might claim actually even MORE so than LGBTQ sex books (obviously none of The Libs of HROT of course!).

• Haha
Reactions: torbee
Yes, the New York Times is probably lying, another brilliant take! I’m sure the policy being so off the charts bat shit crazy that even The New York Times and every other liberal paper criticizing it is just a coincidence!

So now concern about Democrats all over the country saying “MATH IS RACIST” is “pearl clutching“? I can’t keep up between the Libs of HROT claims; they don’t support it, it’s not happening, or that it’s not serious? It’s almost as if this thread is one massive pile of BS and none of them could care less about children at all, only scoring really lame points in an echo chamber of fellow sheep….

I don't know if the New York times is lying or if they're saying what you claim as I don't have a subscription.
What I do know is that my kids took calculus in the 11th grade. They could do that because they were in the advanced program. Had they not been they would have taken it in their senior year.
But what do I know, I just have kids in the program, you're the real expert.

Reactions: cigaretteman
I don't know if the New York times is lying or if they're saying what you claim as I don't have a subscription.
What I do know is that my kids took calculus in the 11th grade. They could do that because they were in the advanced program. Had they not been they would have taken it in their senior year.
But what do I know, I just have kids in the program, you're the real expert.

No, we are all convinced your kid’s PAST EXPERIENCE in CA is much more relevant to this NEW POLICY than what The New York Times is reporting on it, only a complete imbecile would think otherwise!

The fact you IMMEDIATELY called it fake news shows you’re a really humble person that cares about kids and is looking for truth, not a completely partisan joke that should be ashamed of yourself!

Time to shut down all the poorest schools in the country over the new variant! The teachers union does not want to work and we know their supporters like The Libs of HROT couldn’t care less!!! We need to focus on important educational issues like LGBTQ sex books anyways!

Last edited:
No, we are all convinced your kid’s PAST EXPERIENCE in CA is much more relevant to this NEW POLICY than what The New York Times is reporting on it, only a complete imbecile would think otherwise!

The fact you IMMEDIATELY called it fake news shows you’re a really humble person looking for truth, not a completely partisan robot joke!

Time to shut down all the poorest schools in the country over the new variant! The teachers union does not want to work and we know their supporters like The Libs of HROT couldn’t care less!!! We need to focus on important educational issues like LGBTQ sex books anyways!
Yikes. You managed to not make any points in that rant, while at the same time sounding like you're off of some much needed medication by your last paragraph.

Now, here's a common reference point. I'm not so sure that you're correct in your attributing these changes to a "math is racist" argument. Lovely bumper-sticker crusade, however the truth is sacrificed to such a summary (PS, they dropped the part about equity)...

State Board of Education President Linda Darling-Hammond said an underlying goal of the framework is simply to modernize math education.

“Part of what’s going on in the framework is an attempt to bring mathematics education into the 21st century, in terms of what kind of mathematics kids get opportunities,” Darling-Hammond said in an interview. “The old [way], the idea that calculus is the capstone, is one that originates with a committee of 10 men in 1892.”

A key element is elevating data science, which for many students is likely to be more valuable than calculus, added Darling-Hammond, who hasn’t yet had an opportunity to review the framework in detail.

Last edited:
I can read just fine. So what's your deal? Why do you keep posting links to stuff that doesn't relate to what the topic is? Start another thread if you want to discuss those topics. Is it that you just can't handle the fact that you agree with liberals on this topic? You feel the need to bring up another topic so YOU can try to prove to YOU that you don't agree with liberals? Well to bad, you claim you don't support sending teachers to jail, so I guess you're a liberal. Welcome to the club, nice to have you. I'm sure you'll fine many things you'll agree with.
No he can't be a liberal. You see he didn't advocate for shutting down schools for 18 months. In fact he highlighted(with articles) how bad the Dem policies have been on kids, especially in the poorest neighborhoods, with the shutting down of schools. I guess boo-hoo is the only response you could come up with. Conservatives are idiots for wanting to ban books just like liberals were idiots for advocating to keep schools closed in parts of the country for 18 months. I wonder which one is a reality and which is a fantasy? More importantly which one harms students more?

Reactions: ChiDoc

The fact you IMMEDIATELY called it fake news shows you’re a really humble person that cares about kids and is looking for truth, not a completely partisan joke that should be ashamed of yourself!

I think the word you're looking for is "current." I have kids in CA schools right now.

But you keep sitting thousands of miles away telling me what's what.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
Yikes. You managed to not make any points in that rant

So his kid’s PAST EXPERIENCE in CA is much more relevant to this NEW POLICY than what The New York Times is reporting on it?

To counter that “point I didn’t make” you quote The LA Times?

JFC you’re a complete imbecile…

No wonder you have nothing better to do with your life or contribute to society than posting in these ridiculous circle jerk threads the last ten years, talk about completely pathetic.

Last edited:
Conservatives are idiots for wanting to ban books just like liberals were idiots for advocating to keep schools closed in parts of the country for 18 months. I wonder which one is a reality and which is a fantasy? More importantly which one harms students more?
100%

*too*

Hang in there, I know I posted some articles with big words from places like The New York Times but hang in there!

Someday if you learn to read you might be able to figure out how the new Dem positions that math is racist, talented and gifted programs should no longer exist, and shutting down schools for the poorest Americans are actually EXTREMELY relevant to the topic of education! Some might claim actually even MORE so than LGBTQ sex books (obviously none of The Libs of HROT of course!).
Start a new thread if you want, but for this topic, you can consider yourself one of us, a liberal. Welcome.

Why would anyone educated and reasonable want to stay in Iowa? I grew up here sadly.

I absolutely can't wait for my wife to retire so we can leave. I don't know what's happened to this state in the last (almost) 40 years since I moved here, but the political atmosphere is far worse than it's ever been. And it's getting worse.

I don't know who gave the entire state a concussion, but they need to be jailed

There it is, I knew it was only a matter of time until The Libs of HROT denied it was even happening, especially after the hilarious MASSIVE LIE earlier in the thread they don’t support it!

Nothing to see here folks, these disgusting Progressive policies are not being proposed by Dems around the country at the expense of our nations children...

Honest question...do you actually comprehend the things you're posting? It doesn't really seem like you do. Why are you upset about the article in the Post? That doesn't hurt kids.

I already replied to you saying I don’t support it. Are you one of the millions of poor Americans who now struggle to read because of what teachers unions did to schools during COVID? If so that’s really sad…

FYI, when you quote my post saying “I’m not for it at all” that means I don’t support it.

You are not alone! Be brave little illiterate Lib of HROT, the Dems and their Teachers Unions have destroyed the futures of millions of poor Americans, but you can beat the odds:
I have been teaching for 23 years and many children in poverty have been struggling to read at a proficient level LONG before Covid. I will also point out again, Iowa's teachers' union has no power so blaming anything on them is just ignorant.

I absolutely can't wait for my wife to retire so we can leave. I don't know what's happened to this state in the last (almost) 40 years since I moved here, but the political atmosphere is far worse than it's ever been. And it's getting worse.

I don't know who gave the entire state a concussion, but they need to be jailed

Honestly...it was the gay marriage decision by the courts. It all went bad after that.

So his kid’s PAST EXPERIENCE in CA is much more relevant to this NEW POLICY than what The New York Times is reporting on it?

To counter that “point I didn’t make” you quote The LA Times?

JFC you’re a complete imbecile…

No wonder you have nothing better to do with your life or contribute to society than posting in these ridiculous circle jerk threads the last ten years, talk about completely pathetic.

Changing handles countless times to keep posting is pathetic. Look in the mirror

bfbc0bbc-58ac-495f-ae22-dc1674c45e77_text.gif

• Love
I have been teaching for 23 years and many children in poverty have been struggling to read at a proficient level LONG before Covid. I will also point out again, Iowa's teachers' union has no power so blaming anything on them is just ignorant.
He wasn't talking about Iowa. Because of our governor, kids have been in school since August of 2020. You should thank her for that. He was talking about blue state Dem Governors and the national teacher's union that held some kids captive in their homes for 18 months. I'm surprised as a teacher you aren't more upset about those millions of students who didn't receive an education last year in this country.

Reactions: ChiDoc
He wasn't talking about Iowa. Because of our governor, kids have been in school since August of 2020. You should thank her for that. He was talking about blue state Dem Governors and the national teacher's union that held some kids captive in their homes for 18 months. I'm surprised as a teacher you aren't more upset about those millions of students who didn't receive an education last year in this country.

My kid stayed home and finished near the top of his class of 500 or so....your full of crap

You dont have kids, do you?

Reactions: Tom Paris
This isn't true. An exaggeration at best.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT