ADVERTISEMENT

Gen. McMaster’s blistering account of the Trump White House

alaskanseminole

HB Legend
Oct 20, 2002
TL;DR Summary:

Lt. Gen. H.R. McMaster’s book, At War with Ourselves: My Tour of Duty in the Trump White House, offers a candid and critical account of his time as national security adviser under President Trump. McMaster, a highly decorated officer with extensive military experience, describes his tenure in the White House as one of his most challenging roles. He details the dysfunction and sycophancy he observed among Trump’s advisers and highlights Trump’s erratic decision-making, particularly in foreign policy. McMaster’s account underscores his attempts to offer honest assessments to Trump, despite the president's preference for flattery and reassurance. His efforts to address serious issues like Russia’s interference in the 2016 election strained his relationship with Trump, eventually leading to his departure.

McMaster’s book also contrasts Trump’s handling of certain foreign policy matters, giving credit where due, such as Trump’s decisive response to Syria’s use of chemical weapons and his tough stance on China. However, McMaster is critical of Trump’s overall approach, particularly regarding alliances, authoritarian leaders, and Afghanistan. The January 6th Capitol attack marked a turning point for McMaster, leading him to openly criticize Trump’s actions and the lasting damage they caused to America’s global image. McMaster warns that a potential second Trump term, supported by the Heritage Foundation’s Project 2025, could see the removal of career professionals in favor of loyalists who might echo Trump’s desires rather than provide unfiltered advice, posing significant risks to national security.

Full Article:

One subject was particularly neuralgic for Trump: Russia. McMaster astutely observes, “I wished that Trump could separate the issue of Russian election meddling from the legitimacy of his presidency. He could have said, ‘Yes, they attacked the election. But Russia doesn’t care who wins our elections. What they want to do is pit Americans against one another… .’ McMaster writes that the “fragility” of Trump’s ego and “his deep sense of aggrievement” would never allow him to make this kind of distinction.

I've been posting about Russian malign influence and what their ultimate goal is for 8 years on here.

This tells me the General is spot on.
Because you don't know about the OPCW whistleblowers, nor the leaks.

It was worse than the Iraqi WMD fraud, because they tried to suppress the findings of their own experts sent on scene and working with the physical evidence.

The cannisters that were supposedly the delivery mechanisms were larger than the hole allegedly made in the roof where they it was found. The hole in the roof was shown to an expert who confirmed it was blasted open (as if with an RPG) rather than a puncture by a falling cannister. So not only was the entry a blast hole, the blast hole was physically too small for the container.

Inconvenient facts they tried to leave out of the report, but those efforts got leaked too.

Did Trump Bomb Syria on False Grounds?​

The American media is ignoring leaks from the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons that suggest a whitewash.​

https://www.thenation.com/article/world/opcw-leaks-syria/

A series of leaked documents from the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) raise the possibility that the Trump administration bombed Syria on false grounds and pressured officials at the world’s top chemical weapons watchdog to cover it up. Two OPCW officials, highly regarded scientists with more than 25 years of combined experience at the organization, challenged the whitewash from inside. Yet unlike many whistle-blowers of the Trump era, they have found no champion, or even an audience, within establishment circles in the United States.

My favorite among the efforts to debunk the whistleblower is this one:

He also suggested the cylinder was too long to have passed through the hole above it. Yet, as the IIT analysis noted, the cylinder was 0.6 inches longer than the 26-inch hole only if one added the length of the flimsy fins, which were bent on impact.

I guess they count on most readers not knowing that there are pics of it out there (which they didn't include), with the fins unbent:

TCadV5I.png

I'm sure some people still think Russia blew up Nordstream.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Tom Paris
I'm guessing all of the people loving the General in this thread didn't catch him on "This Week" yesterday.

He called Biden/ Harris weak on Iran. They overturned a lot of Trump
s sanctions against Iran. Said the deal they went back into with Iran gave them $100 Billion that they used for October 7th and current missions. They're using the Biden bucks to funnel weapons into Syria and everywhere else they can get people to fight their proxy war. The host lady wasn't too happy he brought that up and changed the subject immediately.

Reactions: Speedway1
I'm guessing all of the people loving the General in this thread didn't catch him on "This Week" yesterday.

He called Biden/ Harris weak on Iran. They overturned a lot of Trump
s sanctions against Iran. Said the deal they went back into with Iran gave them $100 Billion that they used for October 7th and current missions. They're using the Biden bucks to funnel weapons into Syria and everywhere else they can people to fight their proxy war. The host lady wasn't too happy he brought that up and changed the subject immediately.
I'm able to differentiate...doesn't have to be all or nothing.

Reactions: FAUlty Gator
Well, he's gay, so it's highly likely. Does that negate or support his viewpoints? ...or C. Irrelevant?
D. Funny

I generally hate video over transcripts, because I'm 4 minutes in and so far nothing worth responding to.
I could've read the transcript in less time.

Does it git gud?

D. Funny

I generally hate video over transcripts, because I'm 4 minutes in and so far nothing worth responding to.
I could've read the transcript in less time.

Does it git gud?
I tend to agree. I'd rather read, but that wasn't available to me. I let it play in the background while I worked.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT