ADVERTISEMENT

Geno Stone 40 4.65 ...Xavier McKinney 4.64.....DB combine numbers

Jun 7, 2009
Iowa
Here were the top 40 times from the first group.

Javelin K. Guidry: 4.29

CJ Henderson: 4.39 (4.41 on second run)

Javaris Davis 4.40

Josiah Scott: 4.42

A.J. Terrell: 4.43

Kindle Vildor: 4.44

Michael Ojemudia: 4.45

Reggie Robinson II: 4.45

Tony Pride Jr. : 4.45 I 4.46

Essang Bassey: 4.46

Kristian Fulton: 4.47

Noah Igbinoghene: 4.48

Jeff Okudah: 4.48 I 4.50 (second run)

Stone won’t get drafted. Whoever was in his ear at the end of the season did not help the young man or his NFL chances. I sure wish he would have come back for one more year.

Stone won’t get drafted. Whoever was in his ear at the end of the season did not help the young man or his NFL chances. I sure wish he would have come back for one more year.

I know that making an NFL team roster drops significantly after the fourth round and so does the money. Stone just needs a chance with the right team. Let's pray for him and all our (Hawkeye) guys. Oh, to be young again (early 20s) and dream.

georgebernardshaw1-2x.jpg

Last year almost a 1/3rd of all underclassman who came out early went undrafted. That is something all borderline underclassman have to consider

Yeah, Geno is getting drafted.

Maybe. His size/speed are not impressive when compared to many of the rest of the safeties. Don't get me wrong, he can play. But the measureables matter. I believe Desmond King ran in the 4.5's and he went in the 5th, and he was more accomplished in college than Stone was.

Maybe. His size/speed are not impressive when compared to many of the rest of the safeties. Don't get me wrong, he can play. But the measureables matter. I believe Desmond King ran in the 4.5's and he went in the 5th, and he was more accomplished in college than Stone was.

Actually, he didnt do too bad in the 40 at 4.62, I believe 15th among safeties. Also, pretty good considering he is definitely a Strong Safety/LB Hybrid. I would agree that he was underwhelming for explosiveness (vertical, broad jump, etc.). I would compare him more to Hooker, who is almost same size but ran a 4.48 and was drafted in the 4th round IIRC. I would guess Stone is 6th or 7th round, or obviously could fall outside the draft. Not the end of the world.

He looked good in the drills, better than is size/measurables.

It is a weak class of safeties which was his main reason for him coming out. His numbers probably wouldn't have improved much and with the type of player he is and the position he is at a higher risk of suffering an injury or two. With the expanded rosters next year he's stick on a team wether it be as a late round pick or a FA.

Why would Geno run if he knew he was going to run a 4.6? Maybe he was consistently running in the mid 4.5’s during prep and just had a bad day? I just don’t understand...there was enough film and hype around him to be a 5th-6th round guy without running a 40........I think this might really hurt his chances...

Last edited:
Why would Geno run if he knew he was going to run a 4.6? Maybe he was consistently running in the mid 4.5’s during prep and just had a bad day? I just don’t understand...there was enough film and hype around him to be a 5th-6th round guy without running a 40........I think this might really hurt his chances...
Guys who are projected rounds 4-7 don't get away with not running at the combine. Barring an injury. They do have to run at some point, teams will be very hesitant to draft someone without seeing them run.

Reactions: UncannyNanny
Here were the top 40 times from the first group.

Javelin K. Guidry: 4.29

CJ Henderson: 4.39 (4.41 on second run)

Javaris Davis 4.40

Josiah Scott: 4.42

A.J. Terrell: 4.43

Kindle Vildor: 4.44

Michael Ojemudia: 4.45

Reggie Robinson II: 4.45

Tony Pride Jr. : 4.45 I 4.46

Essang Bassey: 4.46

Kristian Fulton: 4.47

Noah Igbinoghene: 4.48

Jeff Okudah: 4.48 I 4.50 (second run)
I read Geno Stone allowed fewer yards on passes in his zone than any other players in college football. He is a ballplayer, especially when so NFL players
don;t want to tackle or can't with limited practice

Geno is a lock to get drafted, he was second team all conference by the coaches. Played great against UM. I think he finds his way in a role similar to king where he’s on the field as a nickel corner but is capable against the run.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT