ADVERTISEMENT

George Floyd arrest body cam videos out

There’s a reason this isn’t getting a whole lot of air time on the news. It doesn’t fit the narrative. Hell even the usual leftists throwing fits everyday on this board haven’t said much. Wonder why that might be.
WTF do you mean? It was on the front page of every news outlet. It confirms what happened was a result of police brutality. JFC some of you are desperate to try to justify this murder and it's sickening.

WTF do you mean? It was on the front page of every news outlet. It confirms what happened was a result of police brutality. JFC some of you are desperate to try to justify this murder and it's sickening.
You’re a special kind of stupid. Who’s trying to justify it? We heard for months it was racially motivated. Turns out it wasn’t, was just a bad cop who deserves to go to jail.

if it was racially motivated it would be on a news loop for the next 3 months.

You’re a special kind of stupid. Who’s trying to justify it? We heard for months it was racially motivated. Turns out it wasn’t, was just a bad cop who deserves to go to jail.

if it was racially motivated it would be on a news loop for the next 3 months.
You are. There is nothing in that video to suggest it's not racially motivated. Even if not overt, race figures into it at a macro level which is something you and others of your ilk are either too dumb to understand or just willfully ignorant to try to protect the current power structure. I'm 50/50 on which you are.

Lol - no, it doesn't help the cops. It shows Floyd did nothing that would justify the brutality he received. It's insane to suggest this helps the policemen.

I did not see brutality from the cops...I saw them for the most part doing fine trying to make a valid arrest. Meanwhile the subject made the situation much more complicated by his continued resistance. That doesn't mean that he deserved to die, it just means that the very unfortunate outcome was brought on in part by the ultimate victim.

The restraint that Chauvin administered was applied for too long and was most likely not completely necessary. Where specifically did you see brutality?

I did not see brutality from the cops...I saw them for the most part doing fine trying to make a valid arrest. Meanwhile the subject made the situation much more complicated by his continued resistance. That doesn't mean that he deserved to die, it just means that the very unfortunate outcome was brought on in part by the ultimate victim.

The restraint that Chauvin administered was applied for too long and was most likely not completely necessary. Where specifically did you see brutality?
8:46

JFC - if that's not brutality to you then I doubt anything would be.

So a restraint applied for too long to a person resisting arrest is "brutality"? What term do you ascribe to a cop that is hitting/kicking/striking, etc, in a non-defensive manner to someone?

I think Chauvin screwed up, but I don't see anything that indicates that he meant to harm or kill the man.

So a restraint applied for too long to a person resisting arrest is "brutality"? What term do you ascribe to a cop that is hitting/kicking/striking, etc, in a non-defensive manner to someone?

I think Chauvin screwed up, but I don't see anything that indicates that he meant to harm or kill the man.
At what time in the 8:46 seconds did the dead guy stop resisting? How long after the guy is dead did it take for the cop to see if he was ok?

Reactions: RileyHawk

This is pathetic. The video shows him kneeling on Floyd's neck with him pleading for your life and witnesses pleading to let him up because he was killing him. Chauvin and the other cops were completely indifferent - they didn't care that he was being brutally strangled to death.

It's abhorrent that you are defending them and trying to minimize their actions.

Reactions: seam
This is pathetic. The video shows him kneeling on Floyd's neck with him pleading for your life and witnesses pleading to let him up because he was killing him. Chauvin and the other cops were completely indifferent - they didn't care that he was being brutally strangled to death.

It's abhorrent that you are defending them and trying to minimize their actions.
Have you watched the video leading up to the 8:46 that everyone has seen? He was complaining about not being able to breathe before that. He had almost 4 times the amount of fentanyl in his system that’s been shown to be lethal plus I believe Covid-19 unknown to the officers as he denied being on something. Yes, the cop was in the wrong for kneeling on his neck and it most likely contributed to his death, but it wasn’t the only factor. And it definitely wasn’t premeditated or based on race based on the video leaked yesterday. I agree he should go to prison, but not for murder, it’s manslaughter at worst.

As for AG Ellison, he should be held responsible for all events after that we’re caused by not releasing all the video. He admitted he didn’t want to harm the prosecution’s case because he knew he was overcharging. He doesn’t care about justice and transparency like he said.

JFC - if that's not brutality to you then I doubt anything would be.

I think it is entirely plausible that Chauvin did not realize how that situation would lead to such a bad ending, I don't see where he intended to harm or kill Floyd, but rather an error in judgment about restraining him in that manner could lead to that.

Brutality to me would be the cop striking or kicking, etc, him, which they never did.

Have you watched the video leading up to the 8:46 that everyone has seen? He was complaining about not being able to breathe before that. He had almost 4 times the amount of fentanyl in his system that’s been shown to be lethal plus I believe Covid-19 unknown to the officers as he denied being on something. Yes, the cop was in the wrong for kneeling on his neck and it most likely contributed to his death, but it wasn’t the only factor. And it definitely wasn’t premeditated or based on race based on the video leaked yesterday. I agree he should go to prison, but not for murder, it’s manslaughter at worst.

As for AG Ellison, he should be held responsible for all events after that we’re caused by not releasing all the video. He admitted he didn’t want to harm the prosecution’s case because he knew he was overcharging. He doesn’t care about justice and transparency like he said.

Correct. ^^ Floyd was complaining from the outset, thereby lessening the likelihood that the officers would take anything he had to say seriously. Again, this does not relieve Chauvin of responsibility for the improper restraint...but to ignore all of the other prime factors in this tragic happening is sheer madness.

I also completely agree with the sentiment that Ellison should be held to account to at some level. He had no problem releasing some of the video...but for reasons that are not clear...chose not to release all of it. Meanwhile, people all over the country were tearing things up and A LOT of the reaction has caused way more pain and destruction than what was called for.

Last edited:
Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
—Chauvin knelt on neck=Floyd died.
—Chauvin doesn’t kneel on neck=Floyd doesn’t die.
—Chauvin killed Floyd.
Suspects are on drugs and passively resist all the time and cops still manage to not kill them by kneeling on their neck for almost 10 minutes.

—Chauvin killed Floyd.
Suspects are on drugs and passively resist all the time and cops still manage to not kill them by kneeling on their neck for almost 10 minutes.

“Chauvin doesn’t kneel on neck=Floyd doesn’t die.”

Not sure that is for certain.

He wasn't resisting for 8:46. Killing an innocent man is brutal, no?

Kneeling on a man's neck, who has already said he's having trouble breathing, for 8:46 while he pleads for his life and others plead to stop because you're going to kill him is more than "being in the wrong". It's murder. It didn't contribute to his death, it caused it. With gross indifference. He knew he was choking him to death (the victim and witnesses told him) and he chose to continue choking him. It wasn't an accident. It was Chauvin's choice - one that I hope will put him behind bars forever.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL and seam
OK and Chauvin was still wrong and was arrested and will be prosecuted and found guilty. The other 3 have always had a better chance of being found Not Guilty.

I think it is entirely plausible that Chauvin did not realize how that situation would lead to such a bad ending, I don't see where he intended to harm or kill Floyd, but rather an error in judgment about restraining him in that manner could lead to that.

Brutality to me would be the cop striking or kicking, etc, him, which they never did.
There is no possible way he didn't know. The victim was pleading with him. Witnesses observing what he was doing told him so, many times. He didn't care. It's not an error in judgement, if it was he would have stopped when people told him Floyd was dying, or when he stopped responding or any time before that when he was pleading for his life. It was a choice - a choice to keep choking this man to death.

Reactions: seam and Fluffles
—Chauvin killed Floyd.
You’re 100% certain he wasn’t going to die due to the lethal amount of fentanyl in his system and can prove it? I already admitted the cop contributed to his death and should be punished accordingly.

You are. There is nothing in that video to suggest it's not racially motivated. Even if not overt, race figures into it at a macro level which is something you and others of your ilk are either too dumb to understand or just willfully ignorant to try to protect the current power structure. I'm 50/50 on which you are.
Oh so now it’s macro racism? What if he’s just a shifty cop? Just because racism is what you live by, doesn’t make it so. You’ve been brainwashed.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
You’re 100% certain he wasn’t going to die due to the lethal amount of fentanyl in his system and can prove it? I already admitted the cop contributed to his death and should be punished accordingly.

Fentanyl blood levels rise significantly post mortem and there is also tolerance to opioids—what is lethal to one person may not be to an experienced user. Fentanyl is extremely fast acting, if he took too much he would already have been dead before the cops got there. It’s not a slow burn, it’s lights out within seconds to minutes.

He wasn't resisting for 8:46. Killing an innocent man is brutal, no?

Semantics. Floyd's resistant actions led to him being restrained and placed on the ground. He should not have been restrained in that manner for that long and while the outcome was dreadful...no, it was not brutal in that there was no apparent intent to harm him, etc.

Brutality, to me, implies intent to harm and I don't see that in the videos. I see a lack of recognition and even stubbornness in that Chauvin rebuffed the suggestions of the other officers to move him to his side, etc.

If someone drives through a red light and kills someone doing so...is that "brutality" to you? Dead is dead and it is quite serious of course, but it was also an accidental death, not a purposeful one.

Semantics. Floyd's resistant actions led to him being restrained and placed on the ground. He should not have been restrained in that manner for that long and while the outcome was dreadful...no, it was not brutal in that there was no apparent intent to harm him, etc.

Brutality, to me, implies intent to harm and I don't see that in the videos. I see a lack of recognition and even stubbornness in that Chauvin rebuffed the suggestions of the other officers to move him to his side, etc.

If someone drives through a red light and kills someone doing so...is that "brutality" to you? Dead is dead and it is quite serious of course, but it was also an accidental death, not a purposeful one.

Kneeling on someone's neck for almost 9 minutes until they're dead is not an accident.

Oh so now it’s macro racism? What if he’s just a shifty cop? Just because racism is what you live by, doesn’t make it so. You’ve been brainwashed.
It's all of it. Ignoring the issue is exactly why we have the issues we are seeing.

There is no possible way he didn't know. The victim was pleading with him. Witnesses observing what he was doing told him so, many times. He didn't care. It's not an error in judgement, if it was he would have stopped when people told him Floyd was dying, or when he stopped responding or any time before that when he was pleading for his life. It was a choice - a choice to keep choking this man to death.

Floyd was pleading with the officers from the start, he didn't really have any credibility for the officers to rely on. That's harsh...but true. Nevertheless, he should not have been held in that position, in that way, for so long.

It is very difficult for any of us to be 100% sure what Floyd, Chauvin, or any of them were truly thinking. I think Chauvin screwed up, and that led to a terrible outcome, but this event is far from a cut and dried situation, as you seem to reflect.

He continued to kneel on his neck for more than a minute after one of the other cops said there was no pulse. He didn't care. Reckless indifference at the very least.

He claimed many times that he couldn't breathe before he was ever restrained by the neck. Plus he was yelling and screaming so the cops knew he could breathe. You can't yell and scream without breath.

The cop was wrong to stay on him after he was unresponsive but its not as cut and dry as it had seemed. What a shame.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
In situations like that police would be called like they have been. We simply don't need police to make traffic stops or welfare calls or any number of other activities that have fallen to them but they are not suited to perform.

And we need to have police that don't use excessive force or target people of color.

What do you consider a traffic stop? Speeding? Running a red light or stop sign? Who, in you opinion should police driving violations? How exactly are the current police not suited to perform traffic stops?

Geez, could George have sounded more like a little bitch?

Everyone thought it, but you’re the only one to say it. I’m not sure if I should commend you for your bravery or scold you for your insensitivity.

Last edited:
Ummm...you should think about this argument as a mitigating factor.

"He might have died from the drugs anyway so me choking him to death can't be murder!"

Hopefully, you understand that's not going to work.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
He claimed many times that he couldn't breathe before he was ever restrained by the neck. Plus he was yelling and screaming so the cops knew he could breathe. You can't yell and scream without breath.

The cop was wrong to stay on him after he was unresponsive but its not as cut and dry as it had seemed. What a shame.
Yeah...about that...you can yell and scream for as long as you have air in your lungs assuming your trachea isn't fully compromised. You suffocate because you can't fully replace the air you're breathing out. It's called positional asphyxiation and it can take a while.

Reactions: Fluffles
The cop was wrong to stay on him after he was unresponsive
This is why he will be convicted. And another officer being trained by him even asked if they should at least put him on his side and had no pulse. That is why most think Chauvin getting convicted is pretty clear cut.

Now the other 3 being charged have always had a better argument to not get convicted and this may slightly help there case. But Chauvin is going down.

What do you consider a traffic stop? Speeding? Running a red light or stop sign? Who, in you opinion should police driving violations? How exactly are the current police not suited to perform traffic stops?
Sigh. Police officers should be highly trained and focused on the crimes that most negatively affect communities. Violence, homicide, drugs, etc., etc., etc. so they can be more effective in those areas. We can train and employ others for traffic stops and more mundane violations who focus their attentions on those areas to be more effective and at a lower cost. We can train and employ still others who deal with mentally ill, domestic issues and the like so they can be more effective and have broader coverage which is sorely needed. It's a restructuring of public safety to specialize functions - just as businesses and other organizations have been doing for decades.

There's no sound reason to continue with the status quo of police covering everything. It makes sense to restructure to be more effective both functionally and fiscally.

Sigh. Police officers should be highly trained and focused on the crimes that most negatively affect communities. Violence, homicide, drugs, etc., etc., etc. so they can be more effective in those areas. We can train and employ others for traffic stops and more mundane violations who focus their attentions on those areas to be more effective and at a lower cost. We can train and employ still others who deal with mentally ill, domestic issues and the like so they can be more effective and have broader coverage which is sorely needed. It's a restructuring of public safety to specialize functions - just as businesses and other organizations have been doing for decades.

There's no sound reason to continue with the status quo of police covering everything. It makes sense to restructure to be more effective both functionally and fiscally.

So, you want to train “others” to handle speeding, reckless driving, traffic violations, drunk driving and interstate drug trafficking? That’s pretty a majority of what the sheriff departments and state troopers handle now. I agree with you on having more mental health experts, however, they will need to be armed and trained to handle violent situations. I also agree on reforming the police and how they function. Do you think this will cost less or more money?

So, you want to train “others” to handle speeding, reckless driving, traffic violations, drunk driving and interstate drug trafficking? That’s pretty a majority of what the sheriff departments and state troopers handle now. I agree with you on having more mental health experts, however, they will need to be armed and trained to handle violent situations. I also agree on reforming the police and how they function. Do you think this will cost less or more money?
Sheriff and State Patrol aren't police. They should have a defined role as well. It will allow the monies being spent to have much better outcomes.

ADVERTISEMENT