ADVERTISEMENT

George Zimmerman suing Trayvon Martin’s family and others for $100 million

I can’t believe the prosecution didn’t consult you since you’re such an expert with all the facts. Shoulda been a slam dunk case.
And imagine if they had consulted with all the "OJ Did It" legal scholars.

Tell you what...take a shot at squaring Zimmerman's story of what happened with the factual location of the body. Explain how he traveled over 300 feet in less than 20 seconds - according to his own testimony. Whatcha got? If you refuse - as others have - you might want to just go silent. As others have.

Reactions: cigaretteman
He got out of his car. He walked. He was told by the dispatcher to go back to his car. He says he did that.

Zimmerman: Um, then, dispatcher told me that, 'Where are you?" and I said, "Fm trying to find out where he went.". And, he said, we don't need you to do that. And I said, "Okay." Uh, he said, "We already have a police officer en route." And I said, "All right," and I, I had gone where, through the dog walk where I normally walk my dog and walked back through to my street, the street that loops around and he said, "We already have a police officer on the way," so I said, "Okay." I told - base said, "Would you like a police officer to meet you?" and I said, "Yes," and I told him where my car was and the make and the model.

In the call, Z can be heard getting out of his car at 7:11:42. Dispatch tells him they don't need him following Martin and he acknowledges that. He claims that by that time, he has left his car and walked all the way to the road that circles the complex - Retreat View Circle. That's a distance of approximately 300 feet. Try walking the length of a football field and tell me how long it took you. Zimmerman did it in less than 20 seconds per the phone call. According to him.

Zimmerman: So, I was walking back through to where my car was and he jumped out from the bushes and he said, "What the fvck's your problem, homey?" and I got my cell phone out to call 91 1 this time. And I said, "Hey man, I don't have a problem," and he goes, "No, now you have a problem," and he punched me in the nose. At that point, I fell down, uh, I tried to defend myself. He just started punching me in the face and, uh, I started screaming for help. I couldn't see. I couldn't breathe. Then he started taking

Investigator Singleton: Were you still standing at this point?

Zimmennan: No, ma'am.

Investigator Singleton Okay.

George Zimmerman: I fell to the ground when he punched me the first time.

Investigator Singleton: Okay.

George Zimmerman: I, it was dark. I didn't even see him getting ready to punch me. As soon as he punched me, I fell backwards, um, into the grass and he grabbed me...

trayvon-martin-george-zimmerman-timing.jpg

So Zimmerman walked/jogged/ran from Twin Trees Lane (the road whose name he couldn't remember) to Retreat View Circle...in 20 seconds...along the yellow dotted line. As he was walking back, he's confronted by Martin at the T-intersection of the sidewalks between those two buildings. He's punched and immediately falls to the ground per his own testimony. He shoots Martin there.

See that red box? That's where Martin's body was found. Why don't you explain how the body got so far away from where Zimmerman initially claimed the fight and shooting took place?
Let’s start by clarifying that this was not Zimmerman’s “testimony”. He was not in a court of law and he was not under oath. This was the transcript of an interview at the police station the next day, to which he voluntarily agreed. His written statement and his testimony in court under oath were different.

So by your standards, if you get into an altercation with someone and end up shooting him, your recollection of the sequence of events had better be spot on the next day. Because if any of your descriptions over the course of an hour-long interview don’t align with pinpoint accuracy to a map and the phone recording then your entire story is bullshit and you’re a lying murderer.

It was dark and rainy. And you want to shit-can his entire story because Martin’s body was 30 feet from where Zimmerman said the altercation occurred. Whatever.

If, as you insist, Zimmerman was the aggressor then how do you explain the cuts on Martin’s knuckles that were consistent with punching someone? How do you explain Zimmerman’s fractured, bloody nose that was consistent with being punched? How do you explain the scrapes on the back of his head that were consistent with hitting a concrete sidewalk?

If Zimmerman was the aggressor then how do you explain the fact that Martin wasn’t already sitting on his father’s couch, drinking iced tea and eating Skittles?

Zimmerman was trying to locate Martin because he wanted to be able to point him out to police. He made that pretty clear during his phone call to the police station. You remember the part where he called police, right? That’s exactly the sort of thing a guy does when he’s fixin’ to shoot someone. “I’m gonna kill this guy, but first I’d better make sure police are on the way so they’ll be sure to catch me. Just to be safe, I’ll give them my first and last name and my address in case they get stuck in traffic on the way over here.”

Martin could have easily been home by the time the fateful altercation occurred. But he was nowhere near his father’s house because he doubled back to find the “creepy-ass cracker”. When the two found each other, Martin got Zimmerman down and delivered some punches and Zimmerman responded by shooting him.

Zimmerman is clearly a douchebag and he is by no means innocent, but he did not commit premeditated murder. And contrary to what you and others want everyone to believe, Martin’s actions contributed to his own death.

Reactions: PerkyForHerky
So by your standards, if you get into an altercation with someone and end up shooting him, your recollection of the sequence of events had better be spot on the next day. Because if any of your descriptions over the course of an hour-long interview don’t align with pinpoint accuracy to a map and the phone recording then your entire story is bullshit and you’re a lying murderer.

Better to not talk to the police.
It seems crazy, especially when you think you’re innocent, but it is a bad idea.

The interesting thing isn’t retrying the case on a message board, the interesting thing is whether Crump made up his key witness.

IF Crump did what is alleged, what repercussions would he face?

Reactions: PerkyForHerky
This was a case that really leads me to dislike the Stand Your Ground defense. In my opinion, it gets applied way too broadly at times. In this instance, Zimmerman did his civic duty by calling 911 and reporting the suspicious individual. He did NOT need to get out of his car and follow Martin, which caused the confrontation. I can accept that he then died in a struggle as the two fought, but to me Stand Your Ground should apply when the other individual causes the confrontation. If Zimmerman stays in his car, as the 911 operator instructed, the rest of this never happens.

That said, good luck getting $100 million on this one. I can't imagine winning this suit.

That said, good luck getting $100 million on this one. I can't imagine winning this suit.

It’s like no one is reading past the headline.
This appears to me a lawsuit aimed at Crump, accusing him of creating a witness from whole cloth.
IF Crump did that and they prove it in court, what then? Would Crump face disbarment?

Reactions: millah_22
Better to not talk to the police.
It seems crazy, especially when you think you’re innocent, but it is a bad idea.
Zimmerman should have known this. At the time of the shooting he was close to earning an associate degree in Criminal Justice.

My sense is that the police wanted answers as to why there was a dead teenager with a bullet hole through his heart and they gave Zimmerman a choice between voluntarily answering their questions or being arrested and jailed. In hindsight he probably should have offered to answer questions with an attorney present.

This appears to me a lawsuit aimed at Crump, accusing him of creating a witness from whole cloth.
IF Crump did that and they prove it in court, what then? Would Crump face disbarment?

Was there a civil trial involving Crump? And, if so, did he call this witness to testify? I don't recall -

If the allegation that Crump provided this witness to the state attorneys' office, it's really on the SA to do their due diligence regarding the veracity of the witness's purported testimony,

Last edited:
That’s a big “If”. I have no idea whether Crump fabricated a witness. If any attorney knowingly did so then I would think a lengthy disbarment would be the starting point of his ramifications.

George is very limited in his ability to sue over anything alleged in a criminal trial, and is also limited in anything alleged in a civil trail. Unless he can prove something was said was actually false and without any basis in fact, he's going to have a hard time winning against anyone.

If Zimmerman stays in his car, as the 911 operator instructed, the rest of this never happens.
I’ve seen this point raised many times as if it’s a given fact, but there’s simply no way to know it’s true. It’s entirely possible that Martin would still be alive today, but there’s no way to know it for a fact.

Martin had more than enough time - several minutes - to get home. But he was only a couple hundred feet from where he took off running when he was shot. That tells me he doubled back looking for Zimmerman. If Zimmerman had stayed in his vehicle, Martin was still going to find him. The only questions are whether the police would have arrived by then and would the altercation still have resulted in death.

People immediately jump to the end of the confrontation, where Martin jumps Zimmerman. People somehow discount or ignore the notion that Martin might have been afraid for his life. A guy was stalking him. He mentioned that to his girlfriend on the phone.

https://www.cnn.com/2013/06/26/justice/zimmerman-trial/index.html
If you’re afraid for your life because someone is stalking you, why would you go looking for him? Why wouldn’t you go home and/or call police instead of continuing to talk to your girlfriend?

If you’re afraid for your life because someone is stalking you, why would you go looking for him? Why wouldn’t you go home and/or call police instead of continuing to talk to your girlfriend?

Because human's have a flee-or-fight response to perceived attacks....here, presumably, Martin measured the threat as being one he could defeat in a fight. Obviously, he was incorrect.

Reactions: Finance85
Because human's have a flee-or-fight response to perceived attacks....here, presumably, Martin measured the threat as being one he could defeat in a fight. Obviously, he was incorrect.
Following someone and watching them, as Zimmerman did for purposes of pointing out Martin to police, is not illegal and is merely a perceived threat.

Punching someone, knocking him to the ground, and pounding his head against the sidewalk, as Zimmerman claims Martin did to him, is illegal and represents a tangible threat.

People immediately jump to the end of the confrontation, where Martin jumps Zimmerman. People somehow discount or ignore the notion that Martin might have been afraid for his life. A guy was stalking him. He mentioned that to his girlfriend on the phone.

https://www.cnn.com/2013/06/26/justice/zimmerman-trial/index.html

The girlfriend on the phone is the witness the lawsuit is alleging Crump cooked up whole cloth.
IF they can prove that in court (civil trial standard?), I'm wondering what repercussions Crump would face.

Following someone and watching them, as Zimmerman did for purposes of pointing out Martin to police, is not illegal and is merely a perceived threat.

Punching someone, knocking him to the ground, and pounding his head against the sidewalk, as Zimmerman claims Martin did to him, is illegal and represents a tangible threat.

Both your statements are accurate with a caveat that Martin response with physical harm to Zimmerman is sometimes excused under the self-defense statute. However, here, it probably did not rise to the requisite standard.

Last edited:
Let’s start by clarifying that this was not Zimmerman’s “testimony”. He was not in a court of law and he was not under oath. This was the transcript of an interview at the police station the next day, to which he voluntarily agreed. His written statement and his testimony in court under oath were different.

LOL..."it was a dark and stormy night". Good job, Snoopy. FTR...testify: to make a statement based on personal knowledge or belief

Here's his statement the night of the murder:

As I headed back to my vehicle the suspect emerged from the darkness and said 'You got a problem' I said 'No' the suspect said 'You do now.' As I looked and tried to find my phone to dial 911 the suspect punched me in the face. I fell backwards onto my back. The suspect got on top of me.

And he testified THREE TIMES the following day that he was struck and immediately fell down. His story changed under oath? Well no shit! The story he gave that night was bullshit. The story he told the next day was bullshit. Immediately after the fact that night in his police statement and the next day in the interview he maintained that Martin approached him, confronted him, sucker punched him and he IMMEDIATELY fell down. He said the same thing multiple times. He hadn't had time to figure out that his story didn't match the crime scene. He was trying to appear as innocent as possible. He walked straight through to River View and was walking straight back. He WASN'T pursuing Martin - just trying to figure out his own location...in a tiny development with three streets where he couldn't remember the name of the street he was on. Heck of a "community watch volunteer", right? At some point he recognized that story didn't fit the facts so suddenly it becomes Martin approached him, punched him but he DIDN'T fall down, they struggled 30-40 feet down the sidewalk until Martin finally drove Zimmerman to the ground.

Yeah...he forgot ALL of that in the heat of the moment. No wonder you're such a Trump apologist...you believe the dumbest stuff. What's really funny is that you want to give Zimmerman the right to "defend" himself and deny it to a guy who's being stalked and chased through the complex.

And imagine if they had consulted with all the "OJ Did It" legal scholars.

Tell you what...take a shot at squaring Zimmerman's story of what happened with the factual location of the body. Explain how he traveled over 300 feet in less than 20 seconds - according to his own testimony. Whatcha got? If you refuse - as others have - you might want to just go silent. As others have.

It was dark and rainy. And you want to shit-can his entire story because Martin’s body was 30 feet from where Zimmerman said the altercation occurred. Whatever.

If, as you insist, Zimmerman was the aggressor then how do you explain the cuts on Martin’s knuckles that were consistent with punching someone? How do you explain Zimmerman’s fractured, bloody nose that was consistent with being punched? How do you explain the scrapes on the back of his head that were consistent with hitting a concrete sidewalk?

If Zimmerman was the aggressor then how do you explain the fact that Martin wasn’t already sitting on his father’s couch, drinking iced tea and eating Skittles?

Zimmerman was trying to locate Martin because he wanted to be able to point him out to police. He made that pretty clear during his phone call to the police station. You remember the part where he called police, right? That’s exactly the sort of thing a guy does when he’s fixin’ to shoot someone. “I’m gonna kill this guy, but first I’d better make sure police are on the way so they’ll be sure to catch me. Just to be safe, I’ll give them my first and last name and my address in case they get stuck in traffic on the way over here.”

Martin could have easily been home by the time the fateful altercation occurred. But he was nowhere near his father’s house because he doubled back to find the “creepy-ass cracker”. When the two found each other, Martin got Zimmerman down and delivered some punches and Zimmerman responded by shooting him.

Zimmerman is clearly a douchebag and he is by no means innocent, but he did not commit premeditated murder. And contrary to what you and others want everyone to believe, Martin’s actions contributed to his own death.

This is one of those situations where two assholes ran into each other. One's a dead asshole for escalating the situation, and the instigator is still alive and still acting like the asshole he is.

Reactions: TJ8869
No wonder you're such a Trump apologist...you believe the dumbest stuff.
Sounds like someone is still smarting from that beatdown at the Dean Dome last night.

Look, either provide a link that shows me apologizing for Trump or stfu with your “Trump apologist” bullshit.

More LOL..."these assholes always get away". Remember that? Zimmerman was going to prevent that. His plan was to apprehend Martin and turn him over to the police if he could. THIS "asshole" wasn't going to get away if George by'God Zimmerman had anything to do with it.

Martin could have easily been home by the time the fateful altercation occurred.
Could have been. With the young son of his father's fiance. And no one else. And no idea where the stalker might be. Sounds like a good idea.

BTW, Zimmerman could have easily stayed in his truck and waited for the police to come. He'd already called them, right?

Reactions: BelemNole
I’ve seen this point raised many times as if it’s a given fact, but there’s simply no way to know it’s true. It’s entirely possible that Martin would still be alive today, but there’s no way to know it for a fact.

Martin had more than enough time - several minutes - to get home. But he was only a couple hundred feet from where he took off running when he was shot. That tells me he doubled back looking for Zimmerman. If Zimmerman had stayed in his vehicle, Martin was still going to find him. The only questions are whether the police would have arrived by then and would the altercation still have resulted in death.

But you're assuming there that Martin was in fact after Zimmerman. He only became aware of Z after he realized someone was following him. There's zero evidence to suggest that Martin would have attacked Z in his car.

I'm not excusing that the physical altercation happened or that Martin initiated that part of the chain of events. All I'm saying is that 1) Zimmerman noticed someone that he considered suspicious wandering through this neighborhood. 2) He then called 911 to report this. So far so good. 3) He was advised by the 911 operator to remain in his car, but chose not to, instead deciding to continue trailing this person on foot. That's where I have the issue with Zimmerman's actions. 4) at some point, Martin realized he was being followed, and chose to confront his pursuer - I think everyone wish he would have just hurried on to where he was heading to. 5) In the ensuing confrontation, Martin was killed by Zimmerman.

Do I have the basic chain of events correct?

Reactions: Finance85
This is one of those situations where two assholes ran into each other. One's a dead asshole for escalating the situation, and the instigator is still alive and still acting like the asshole he is.
We have no idea what happened outside of Zimmerman's claims. There's no reason to believe a word Zimmerman said. He could just as easily have confronted Martin after tracking him down, pulled his gun to keep this "asshole" from "getting away", and Martin jumped him to protect himself. Given that Zimmerman absolutely lied about where the fight took place and absolutely lied about his actions during the call itself it's hardly a leap to think he lied about other things.

What's true is the live guy is an asshole. ;)

We have no idea what happened outside of Zimmerman's claims. There's no reason to believe a word Zimmerman said. He could just as easily have confronted Martin after tracking him down, pulled his gun to keep this "asshole" from "getting away", and Martin jumped him to protect himself. Given that Zimmerman absolutely lied about where the fight took place and absolutely lied about his actions during the call itself it's hardly a leap to think he lied about other things.

What's true is the live guy is an asshole. ;)

I agree, but there is a lot of corroborating evidence outside of the incident to indicate that Trayvon was an asshole too.

But you're assuming there that Martin was in fact after Zimmerman. He only became aware of Z after he realized someone was following him. There's zero evidence to suggest that Martin would have attacked Z in his car.

I'm not excusing that the physical altercation happened or that Martin initiated that part of the chain of events. All I'm saying is that 1) Zimmerman noticed someone that he considered suspicious wandering through this neighborhood. 2) He then called 911 to report this. So far so good. 3) He was advised by the 911 operator to remain in his car, but chose not to, instead deciding to continue trailing this person on foot. That's where I have the issue with Zimmerman's actions. 4) at some point, Martin realized he was being followed, and chose to confront his pursuer - I think everyone wish he would have just hurried on to where he was heading to. 5) In the ensuing confrontation, Martin was killed by Zimmerman.

Do I have the basic chain of events correct?
Given where the attack took place, I think it's more likely that Zimmemran ran down Twin Trees and cut between the buildings to get ahead of Martin. He could easily have been between Martin and his home. What's absolutely certain is that the confrontation didn't take place where Zimmerman said multiple times that it occurred.

trayvon-martin-george-zimmerman-timing.jpg

His plan was to apprehend Martin and turn him over to the police if he could.
That’s a fairly big assumption on your part. It seems more realistic to me that his objective was to locate Martin so he could point him out to police.

Imagine being so entitled that you murder a child in cold blood and then sue his grieving parents for everything they're worth.

How is this fat fck still walking the earth?

That’s a fairly big assumption on your part. It seems more realistic to me that his objective was to locate Martin so he could point him out to police.
There are nothing but assumptions here. One witness is dead and the other one lies. But let's suppose he locates Martin. He's already pissed that "these assholes always get away". Do you think it takes a great leap to imagine Zimmerman...the self-proclaimed community watcher...the cop want-of-bee...pulling his gun and trying to hold Martin for the police? Is that really less likely than Zimmerman's account?

Given where the attack took place, I think it's more likely that Zimmemran ran down Twin Trees and cut between the buildings to get ahead of Martin. He could easily have been between Martin and his home.
Sweet baby Jesus. You win. I can’t come up with a scenario that’s more batshit crazy that that one. Not without claiming one of them had a jet pack or some shit.

Martin was a 17-year-old football player in excellent physical condition. He took off running while Zimmerman was still sitting in his truck talking to police dispatch and a full two minutes before Zimmerman hung up the call.

And you’re claiming fat-ass George could have leapt out of his truck and “easily” cut off Martin between the buildings, all while still talking to the police dispatcher.

Just...wow.

There are nothing but assumptions here. One witness is dead and the other one lies. But let's suppose he locates Martin. He's already pissed that "these assholes always get away". Do you think it takes a great leap to imagine Zimmerman...the self-proclaimed community watcher...the cop want-of-bee...pulling his gun and trying to hold Martin for the police? Is that really less likely than Zimmerman's account?
So you’re saying that Zimmerman chases down Martin and holds him at gunpoint. But despite having a gun pointed at him, Martin still somehow gets Zimmerman on the ground and throws some punches before Zimmerman finally decides to shoot him?

Uh...refresh my memory does anyone have any proof that Martin initiated the attack other than the word of the guy who killed him?

I remember the original incident prompted me to ditch HROT. I just couldn’t associate with the mental illness on display as folks defended this piece of human garbage. It isn’t healthy.

So when I saw this headline, I figured I would peek back and see if anything’s changed. Would HROT finally turned on this trigger happy pedophile wannabe rent-a-cop? Nope, not really.

ADVERTISEMENT