ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia early voting surpasses 2020 by 20 percent on Saturday, officials say

That you think this is moving the goalposts demonstrates just how clueless you are. Again.
Yeah. Clueless. I posted actual links to the statutes and FAQ section of the Georgia website. When you get done with your circle jerk with Joes Place, do a little research. Wash your hands first.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
If you provide a provisional ballot how quickly do they notify you if it will not be counted?

Expecting crickets from you.
Look it up. I provided links to the laws.

BTW, I don't answer to you, and certainly don't jump just because you posted something that doesn't have any substance.

Yeah. Clueless. I posted actual links to the statutes and FAQ section of the Georgia website. When you get done with your circle jerk with Joes Place, do a little research. Wash your hands first.
The legislators having control over who monitors and approves the ballots is a terrible idea.

Do you support legislators being able to overturn election results?

BTW, I don't answer to you, and certainly don't jump just because you posted something that doesn't have any substance.
We're already seeing problems with the provisional ballot. We have people showing up to vote in person only to see their ballot challenged (with not reason), forcing them to case a provisional ballot. What's the point? You can see why people worry about suppression with laws like this, right?

As I said, clueless. You won't answer because the answer completely nullifies your point. You're a gullible rube who buys the propaganda. And just the headlines at that. LOL

It's all under the umbrella of the Secretary of State, which is an elected position.

Nope

Georgia SoS is no longer a voting member of their Election Board.
Legislature runs it.

Page 8: There is created a state board to be known as the State Election Board, to be composed of t̶h̶e̶ ̶S̶e̶c̶r̶e̶t̶a̶r̶y̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶S̶t̶a̶t̶e̶ a chairperson elected by the General Assembly, an elector to be elected by a majority vote of the Senate of the General Assembly at its regular session held in each odd-numbered year, an elector to be elected by a majority vote of the House of Representatives of the General Assembly at its regular session held in each odd-numbered year, and a member of each political party to be nominated and appointed in the manner provided in this Code section. No person while a member of the General Assembly shall serve as a member of the board.

This is one of a few provisions that strip power from the secretary of state and indirectly shift it to the legislature by creating a new chair of the State Election Board. Previously, the secretary of state had served in that role.
The law dictates that the newly created chair be “nonpartisan,” but the position is appointed through the partisan legislature. Voting rights groups say this amounts to the legislature’s exerting more control over the State Election Board and election oversight in general.
Page 11: The Secretary of State shall be t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶i̶r̶p̶e̶r̶s̶o̶n̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶o̶a̶r̶d̶ an ex officio nonvoting member of the board. Three voting members of the board shall constitute a quorum, and no vacancy on the board shall impair the right of the quorum to exercise all the powers and perform all the duties of the board. The board shall adopt a seal for its use and bylaws for its own government and procedure.

The secretary of state is removed as a voting member of the State Election Board.

Page 11: The State Election Board may suspend county or municipal superintendents and appoint an individual to serve as the temporary superintendent in a jurisdiction. Such individual shall exercise all the powers and duties of a superintendent as provided by law, including the authority to make all personnel decisions related to any employees of the jurisdiction who assist with carrying out the duties of the superintendent, including, but not limited to, the director of elections, the election supervisor, and all poll officers. (g) At no time shall the State Election Board suspend more than four county or municipal superintendents pursuant to subsection (f) of this Code section.

The G.O.P.-led legislature is empowered to suspend county election officials.

Reactions: HawkMD
Christ the change in drop boxes alone is insane.

Prior to the new law, voters could drop off their ballots at any time, 24/7, with what looks like no limitations on how many drop boxes could be used.

But now with the new law, voters can only drop off their ballots during voting hours (why? it's a drop box) and there can only be one drop box per 100,000 registered voters (why? it's a gd drop box). If we had such laws in Iowa, the entire Iowa City area would only get one drop box. That is nuts.

With such ridiculous suppression attempts, I can see why people in Georgia got pissed off and made sure they voted early. Everything the Rs did made voting harder. They way overplayed their hand and I hope voters vote these dicks out of office for their nonsense.

• Love
Reactions: Obviously Oblivious

Prior to the new law, voters could drop off their ballots at any time, 24/7, with what looks like no limitations on how many drop boxes could be used.

But now with the new law, voters can only drop off their ballots during voting hours (why? it's a drop box) and there can only be one drop box per 100,000 registered voters (why? it's a gd drop box). If we had such laws in Iowa, the entire Iowa City area would only get one drop box. That is nuts.

With such ridiculous suppression attempts, I can see why people in Georgia got pissed off and made sure they voted early. Everything the Rs did made voting harder. They way overplayed their hand and I hope voters vote these dicks out of office for their nonsense.
Why do people need a ballot drop box? You have one at the end of your driveway called a mailbox.

Reactions: goldmom
Jim Crow 2.0 was obviously a gross over-reaction.
Yeah, the democrats probably over-reacted rhetorically... of course that was a good strategy, likely, as the voter turnout went way up and that likely benefits the dems. So... backfired on repubs.
Are there any responsible adults in politics anymore with a grasp of what this kind of language is doing to our social fabric?

Nope

Georgia SoS is no longer a voting member of their Election Board.
Legislature runs it.

This is one of a few provisions that strip power from the secretary of state and indirectly shift it to the legislature by creating a new chair of the State Election Board. Previously, the secretary of state had served in that role.
The law dictates that the newly created chair be “nonpartisan,” but the position is appointed through the partisan legislature. Voting rights groups say this amounts to the legislature’s exerting more control over the State Election Board and election oversight in general.

The secretary of state is removed as a voting member of the State Election Board.

The G.O.P.-led legislature is empowered to suspend county election officials.

Again, the board isn't examining the provisional ballots. That's done at the county level. Try to follow along.

Drop boxes weren't legally allowed prior. That was done as an emergency measure in 2020 due to COVID. A drop box is now allowed. And as others have said, everyone has a mailbox.

Doubling down on "voter suppression" is looking dumber by the minute. Just take the L and pretend "Jim Crow 2.0 and Jim Eagle" never happened....doubling down just highlights the absurdity.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
There's no voter suppression. Just stop, it's embarrassing at this point.
flounder-animal-house-dean-vernon-wormer.gif

Drop boxes weren't legally allowed prior. That was done as an emergency measure in 2020 due to COVID. A drop box is now allowed. And as others have said, everyone has a mailbox.
Why use a mailbox and subject your ballot to the vagaries of the USPS when you can deliver it to a secured drop box that goes straight to the destination? Make your point.

Are you saying there was fraud in the election of 2020 due to drop boxes?

Reactions: Joes Place
I voted this evening. About 45 minutes for me. This one took a lot longer than voting in the general election. It seems like they had the B-crew manning the polls this today.

Reactions: Chishawk1425
Ok, campaign ads during the Iowa game is BS. Just because Georgia can't figure out their elections shouldn't mean we have to be subjected to more of that crap when we are watching the game.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
ADVERTISEMENT