ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia GOP’s New Poll Tax

The right wing rhetoric that generalized, with unabashed animus abs contempt, cities and urban areas as liberal/Democrat, is all part of the work that makes anti-democratic shit palatable for some, shoulder-shruggable for others, and for Trump’s base, fully justifiable. The daily dosing of anti-liberalism is akin to racism. The constant regarding of liberalism as an inferior ideology, a failed ideology, a product of indoctrination, even a mental illness, this is what makes anti-democratic efforts okay.

Asking for unity is entirely false. Asking for unity while enabling every effort towards minority rule is phony. Fake. Horse shit.

What a ****ing joke, mostly Black populated areas waiting for the 4+ hours and the predominatnly White areas in and out no problem. Nothing to see here. ****ing Voter supression continues in plain sight. Sue the shit out of them.

Ever think it could be the folks running the station? Not asking for enough resources or being prepared for the numbers they got? Maybe with COVID shit was unpredictable like everywhere else? I know the wait for my Whopper and fries in the city takes a lot longer than it does in the suburbs. I don’t think it’s the GOP causing those long wait lines.

It’s so dumb and lazy to jump to “GOP voter suppression” when it’s an ALL DEM primary. Good grief.

Practicing for November

Who? The people running the elections or the people crying foul? Hell, it’s a Dem primary and they’re blaming GOPers for wait times. What else is new I guess.

Ever think it could be the folks running the station? Not asking for enough resources or being prepared for the numbers they got? Maybe with COVID shit was unpredictable like everywhere else? I know the wait for my Whopper and fries in the city takes a lot longer than it does in the suburbs. I don’t think it’s the GOP causing those long wait lines.

It’s so dumb and lazy to jump to “GOP voter suppression” when it’s an ALL DEM primary. Good grief.

Who? The people running the elections or the people crying foul? Hell, it’s a Dem primary and they’re blaming GOPers for wait times. What else is new I guess.
No it isn't, the Bullshit 2018 voter purge and the Secretary of State who led the election process was the candidate who is now Governor. The Secretary of State now failed miserably again it is a disgrace, machines not working, need codes people stood for hours waiting on that. Inadequate polling stations. ****ing despicable all of this. Anyone regardless of political affiliation should be furious.

No it isn't, the Bullshit 2018 voter purge and the Secretary of State who led the election process was the candidate who is now Governor. The Secretary of State now failed miserably again it is a disgrace, machines not working, need codes people stood for hours waiting on that. Inadequate polling stations. ****ing despicable all of this. Anyone regardless of political affiliation should be furious.

Ok...I don’t disagree with any of that. None of that is intentional voter suppression by the GOP in a dem primary, nor a poll tax. Also, has the voter purge done anything to cause those lines that we know?

Ok...I don’t disagree with any of that. None of that is intentional voter suppression by the GOP in a dem primary, nor a poll tax. Also, has the voter purge done anything to cause those lines that we know?
The voter purge was likely why Kemp is Governor now, was an example of the shady BS that has been transpiring there not aware this impacted the now.

Reactions: HawkNester
November can't get here soon enough.

This time will be the real "Draining of the Swamp".

It’s not rocket science. There is a formula that can be made that will show how many voting machines per district are needed on Election Day. Or allow early voting. This is disgusting.

Acknowledging I haven’t read this entire thread. I will. I’m an ATL resident and we had both early voting and mail in ballots. I’m guessing some districts saw a greater turnout in terms of early voting and mail in than others.

No question an opportunity to improve. COVID precautions and new system played a role.

I arrived at 6:55am and was done by 7:45am.

There was a clip about this on CNN. Cuomo trying to blame the Georgia head of elections. The elections guy says the areas that had the most trouble were run by Democrats even though everyone got the same training/resources. Will try to find the clip

ADVERTISEMENT