ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia is no longer in play.

I expect to see some polls in the coming days where only 25% of those polled are R's. That's the only way that some of the pollsters can make the race seem close.

I also left out that Trump is now leading in Michigan.
He’s gained to make it a coin flip. He’s not favored (except in betting markets)

I expect to see some polls in the coming days where only 25% of those polled are R's. That's the only way that some of the pollsters can make the race seem close.
Lol the last 2 weeks of polls (which is bringing down the aggregates) have been almost exclusively right-wing sponsored. Same shit happened in 2022 the last month of the election.

Georgia has started posting its absentee file, reminding us that comparing this election to 2020 is unwise.

8.31.24 Requested Absentees - 80,240
8.29.20 Requested Absentees - 806,561

In 2020, Georgia finished with just over 1.6 million requested absentees and more than 1.3 million counted. We'll likely end up with about one-third of those totals this year.

Joe Biden won the absentee vote in GA by 30.26% in 2020, and with a much smaller number of absentees requested this year, Harris will undoubtedly do better than that. Still, she cannot match his 399,000 raw vote edge in absentees because we may not even have that many cast.

As election night results come in, especially in East Coast states, the significant reduction of absentee votes this year will change the calculus on who's hitting the targets they need.

Reactions: seminoleed
The early voting there is double at this point what it was in 2020 over 250,000 votes have already been cast... despite their Jim Crowe 2.0 laws.
Taylor Swift Swifties GIF by GIPHY News

The misleading issue here could be that Dems registered as Republicans to vote for Nikki Haley in the primaries.

Not an unusual phenomenon.

Dems still better at getting out the early/absentee vote.

But keep hoping you Radical Right fvcks.

Georgia has started posting its absentee file, reminding us that comparing this election to 2020 is unwise.

8.31.24 Requested Absentees - 80,240
8.29.20 Requested Absentees - 806,561

In 2020, Georgia finished with just over 1.6 million requested absentees and more than 1.3 million counted. We'll likely end up with about one-third of those totals this year.

Joe Biden won the absentee vote in GA by 30.26% in 2020, and with a much smaller number of absentees requested this year, Harris will undoubtedly do better than that. Still, she cannot match his 399,000 raw vote edge in absentees because we may not even have that many cast.

As election night results come in, especially in East Coast states, the significant reduction of absentee votes this year will change the calculus on who's hitting the targets they need.

Good thing for Republicans because I guess if they didn't ask for an absentee ballot then those people just won't be voting at all. It's not like there was a reason a large number of people may have wanted to avoid going to a polling place in 2020.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT