ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia Secretary of State Loses (for now) this attempt to rig the runoff election...

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
He was in favor of early voting on Saturday until he realized it was the Saturday after Thanksgiving when many college students would be home in their voting precinct and could thus vote when home for Thanksgiving... Given the Gen Z impact he wrongly (slyly?) interpreted the law and said no Saturday voting around a holiday. Hopefully this judge's ruling sticks.

He was in favor of early voting on Saturday until he realized it was the Saturday after Thanksgiving when many college students would be home in their voting precinct and could thus vote when home for Thanksgiving... Given the Gen Z impact he wrongly (slyly?) interpreted the law and said no Saturday voting around a holiday. Hopefully this judge's ruling sticks.

That was a smooth move judge, and the right ruling.

Reactions: NoleATL
Jim Crow 2.0 and end of humanity.

Explain to me why they are fighting so hard to re-interpret the law they just wrote to not allow voting on the Saturday after Thanksgiving?

That's the thing the whole law and how they run elections is specifically designed to make it harder for left leaning groups to vote and to make them sacrifice more to vote.

The reason you can't hand out water to people waiting in line is not because a bottle of water is going to somehow change someone's vote. But because a bottle of water when waiting in line for 3 hours helps make the wait just slightly more comfortable.

And you can bet the only ones waiting in line for 3 hours are the people in urban districts where the polling places have been reduced to ensure longer wait times.

They also for the record initially tried to stop early voting on Sunday until they realized that it was too brazen (for now) and had to pull it out of the law. Why do you think that was initially in the law?

So making people work over Thanksgiving weekend is a must to ensure lazy people can vote

Explain to me why they are fighting so hard to re-interpret the law they just wrote to not allow voting on the Saturday after Thanksgiving?

That's the thing the whole law and how they run elections is specifically designed to make it harder for left leaning groups to vote and to make them sacrifice more to vote.

The reason you can't hand out water to people waiting in line is not because a bottle of water is going to somehow change someone's vote. But because a bottle of water when waiting in line for 3 hours helps make the wait just slightly more comfortable.

And you can bet the only ones waiting in line for 3 hours are the people in urban districts where the polling places have been reduced to ensure longer wait times.

They also for the record initially tried to stop early voting on Sunday until they realized that it was too brazen (for now) and had to pull it out of the law. Why do you think that was initially in the law?
Jim Crow 2.0 goes all the way back to the laws enacted after the 2020 election. People across the country screamed Jim Crow 2.0 then, and they just had record turnout during the mid-terms.

Why are they doing this now? I have no idea. But let's assume they're trying to suppress the black vote, okay?

Jim Crow 2.0 goes all the way back to the laws enacted after the 2020 election. People across the country screamed Jim Crow 2.0 then, and they just had record turnout during the mid-terms.

Why are they doing this now? I have no idea. But let's assume they're trying to suppress the black vote, okay?
Also suppressing the youth/college age vote as this would likely be their only chance to vote while home from school for the holiday weekend.

Is this what you’re talking about? A law/statute that’s been in place since 2016? And Democrats are trying to change the law in the middle of an election? I remember Pennsylvania Secretary of State and the courts ignored the laws just ahead of the 2020 election.

Is this what you’re talking about? A law/statute that’s been in place since 2016? And Democrats are trying to change the law in the middle of an election? I remember Pennsylvania Secretary of State and the courts ignored the laws just ahead of the 2020 election.

Not a big deal, Warnock will win this election easy as the senate had many wins in the time he was there for many Georgians.

Not a big deal, Warnock will win this election easy as the senate had many wins in the time he was there for many Georgians.
Good. I’d rather he win it. Just don’t like seeing this changing the laws through the courts mid election. If it’s been in place since 2016, why wait until now to challenge it?

Democracy isn't in peril if you can't vote on a Saturday...stop hyperventilating. It isn't healthy. :)
Either you’re projecting or you’re just dumb. I’m not hyperventilating. Not in the least.

Is the GOP the party of the working American? Yes or no?

Are working Americans pretty stretched these days by this neoliberal world that’s been created? Yes or no?

And what, pray tell, does that often mean? It means multiple jobs, not normal shifts, stresses on childcare, so on and so forth. Which often makes the weekend the best opportunity for many to carve out the space and time to vote.

I have a normal schedule. Work 40ish hours. My partner owns a yoga studio and, often, starts her “workday” when I get home to relieve her as childcare provider. If not for our polling place being two blocks from home, really good chance Saturday would have been greatly preferred over Tuesday. We’re hardly stretched by today’s standards. We’re both very engaged in local politics, but it’s not hard to imagine how a couple impediments here and there to make voting just a little harder, a little less convenient, and/or a little more confusing might affect our participation rate.

Every effort towards increased participation should be the thing we all think is good. Every effort towards the opposite? Met with distrust and condemned. Period.

Either you’re projecting or you’re just dumb. I’m not hyperventilating. Not in the least.

Is the GOP the party of the working American? Yes or no?

Are working Americans pretty stretched these days by this neoliberal world that’s been created? Yes or no?

And what, pray tell, does that often mean? It means multiple jobs, not normal shifts, stresses on childcare, so on and so forth. Which often makes the weekend the best opportunity for many to carve out the space and time to vote.

I have a normal schedule. Work 40ish hours. My partner owns a yoga studio and, often, starts her “workday” when I get home to relieve her as childcare provider. If not for our polling place being two blocks from home, really good chance Saturday would have been greatly preferred over Tuesday. We’re hardly stretched by today’s standards. We’re both very engaged in local politics, but it’s not hard to imagine how a couple impediments here and there to make voting just a little harder, a little less convenient, and/or a little more confusing might affect our participation rate.

Every effort towards increased participation should be the thing we all think is good. Every effort towards the opposite? Met with distrust and condemned. Period.
Calm down Grandpa...

If someone can't make it during the week request a absentee ballot.

• Haha
Reactions: Rudolph
ADVERTISEMENT