ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia Secretary of State Loses (for now) this attempt to rig the runoff election...

What an NC-esque link you and Jan spammed the board with within ten minutes of eachother.

Reactions: Rudolph
Either you’re projecting or you’re just dumb. I’m not hyperventilating. Not in the least.

Is the GOP the party of the working American? Yes or no?

Are working Americans pretty stretched these days by this neoliberal world that’s been created? Yes or no?

And what, pray tell, does that often mean? It means multiple jobs, not normal shifts, stresses on childcare, so on and so forth. Which often makes the weekend the best opportunity for many to carve out the space and time to vote.

I have a normal schedule. Work 40ish hours. My partner owns a yoga studio and, often, starts her “workday” when I get home to relieve her as childcare provider. If not for our polling place being two blocks from home, really good chance Saturday would have been greatly preferred over Tuesday. We’re hardly stretched by today’s standards. We’re both very engaged in local politics, but it’s not hard to imagine how a couple impediments here and there to make voting just a little harder, a little less convenient, and/or a little more confusing might affect our participation rate.

Every effort towards increased participation should be the thing we all think is good. Every effort towards the opposite? Met with distrust and condemned. Period.
So we’re living in a ‘neoliberal world’ now?
And who ‘created’ this scary neoliberal environment?

🤣🤣🤣

LOL... why do you not want people to vote whose schedules or work flexibility is different than yours?
This has been in place since 2016. Why is it just now an issue. And as the other poster said, why not request an Absentee ballot? Seems like some of you are getting worked up about nothing.

Also a good question: why be peeved at voting on Saturday being made available, such that making a blanket judgment-passing seems like the thing to do

JFC, bin, stop letting the big boy pride thing make you so damn stupid.
Why not just request an absentee ballot? Don't let your pride stand in the way of answering Rudolph.

Why not just request an absentee ballot? Don't let your pride stand in the way of answering Rudolph.
That’s a valid option, too. I’ve never asserted it wasn’t. Your dumb pride has you being dumb, dumbass.

I’m not against any form of voting nor against any effort to increase the participation.

That ought to be abundantly clear, dumbass.

• Haha
Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
That’s a valid option, too. I’ve never asserted it wasn’t. Your dumb pride has you being dumb, dumbass.

I’m not against any form of voting nor against any effort to increase the participation.

That ought to be abundantly clear, dumbass.
I'm not against Georgia having in person voting on the Saturday after Thanksgiving....and I don't think it's a big deal if they don't.

The voters have an alternative...an absentee ballot.

Bunch of hyperventilating about nothing IMO.

I'm not against Georgia having in person voting on the Saturday after Thanksgiving....and I don't think it's a big deal if they don't.

The voters have an alternative...an absentee ballot.

Bunch of hyperventilating about nothing IMO.
Except that you chose to make a blanket judgment of people who would like to vote on Saturday. That, to me, is the hyperventilating going on.

Dumb, prideful goof.

Except that you chose to make a blanket judgment of people who would like to vote on Saturday. That, to me, is the hyperventilating going on.

Dumb, prideful goof.
Well...if it's too much effort to request a absentee ballot for someone.....I think that'd qualify as lazy. :)

Well...if it's too much effort to request a absentee ballot for someone.....I think that'd qualify as lazy. :)
People have had bad experiences requesting and receiving absentee ballots. Some people don’t trust them. Some people may be busy to the point that voting in person, if it’s made available and accessible, is actually a more expedient option.

I qualify it as lazy to not consider the myriad reasons absentee ballot-requesting may be disfavored or circumstantially inexpedient for a person.

I think your pride makes you dumb, but your laziness suggests pride isn’t the only problem.

• Haha
Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
People have had bad experiences requesting and receiving absentee ballots. Some people don’t trust them. Some people may be busy to the point that voting in person, if it’s made available and accessible, is actually a more expedient option.

I qualify it as lazy to not consider the myriad reasons absentee ballot-requesting may be disfavored or circumstantially inexpedient for a person.

I think your pride makes you dumb, but your laziness suggests pride isn’t the only problem.
What a dumb, prideful and lazy post. Don't let your pride get in the way of reason and common sense. Do better.

Reagan and Bill Clinton. Are you < 20? And/or dumb as fûck?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
We live in a world of crony capitalism here in the states, and though Ronny Ray Gun and Slick Willy contributed to it they certainly didn’t create it.

Neoliberal world....good one. 😂

We live in a world of crony capitalism here in the states, and though Ronny Ray Gun and Slick Willy contributed to it they certainly didn’t create it.

Neoliberal world....good one. 😂
Do us a favor, nimrod: educate yourself a little.

Also a good question: why be peeved at voting on Saturday being made available, such that making a blanket judgment-passing seems like the thing to do?

JFC, bin, stop letting the big boy pride thing make you so damn stupid.
Holiday weekend. Let the volunteer poll workers spend time with their families.

Ah. Nice. Suddenly it’s about the poll VOLUNTEER “workers”.

JFC.

Edit.. maybe you were not being serious.
I’m still wondering why this hasn’t been an issue for four years, and why you’re so worked up about one Saturday? Especially when they can use absentee ballots if they can’t make it to the polls on any other day except that Saturday.

JFC

This has been in place since 2016. Why is it just now an issue. And as the other poster said, why not request an Absentee ballot? Seems like some of you are getting worked up about nothing.
Not sure what you're talking about. It has been in place, the Ga Secretary of State was indicating we would have Saturday after thanksgiving voting until the Ga GOP realized all the college students would be home from school so then they decided to say no Saturday voting by incorrectly interpreting the law. A suit was filed, the judge ruled the law allows Saturday after Thanksgiving voting.

Not sure what you're talking about. It has been in place, the Ga Secretary of State was indicating we would have Saturday after thanksgiving voting until the Ga GOP realized all the college students would be home from school so then they decided to say no Saturday voting by incorrectly interpreting the law. A suit was filed, the judge ruled the law allows Saturday after Thanksgiving voting.
I posted an article in this thread saying this law was in place in 2016

Voting should be made easier, not harder.....I guess you guys just really want to go back to the days when only land owners could vote
An absentee ballot isn’t hard. I’ve voted absentee ballot more than I’ve voted in person. Easy peasy.

ADVERTISEMENT