ADVERTISEMENT

****Georgia Tech vs Iowa Game Thread*****

QChawks

HR King
Feb 11, 2013
Quad Cities
8pm ESPN2
Iowa -15.5 O/U 149.5

Was a bit surprised by the large betting line. Although I don’t think this is a great Georgia Tech (4-2) team with loses to Utah and Marquette.

Question on the ACC / B1G Challenge, ESPN is canceling it. I do not like the fact that they even have a say in it?!

Could this not be picked up by CBS or whoever??

They are good games for both the B1G and ACC early on in the season. I like it anyhow...

Question on the ACC / B1G Challenge, ESPN is canceling it. I do not like the fact that they even have a say in it?!

Could this not be picked up by CBS or whoever??

They are good games for both the B1G and ACC early on in the season. I like it anyhow...
I think this is more a BIG decision, but not sure. Fran made mention of more conference games ending some of these tourneys. Remember we'll be picking up some more conference members soon, so they'll be in the schedule at least once as well.....

I demand that we win this game.

Thank you.
twitch-swiftmo.gif

• Love
Reactions: Franisdaman
Must win.

Otherwise, the Hawks could be looking at a 4 game losing streak with Duke and ISU next week. ☹️

I mean we struggled with Clemson. How athletic is georgia tech?
Honestly, the Hawks played very uninspiring ball at both ends that whole weekend. Shot really poorly and their defense left a ton to be desired. Kris was in a mini-slump (but still had a double/double vs TCU) and Sandfort continued his slump to start the season. We need those guys to play like they're capable. Pmac somehow played 16 minutes without recording a single point, rebound, or assist against TCU. He did have a turnover and a foul, however so his stat line wasn't completely empty 🙄.

This is the type of game where Iowa can & will likely win with mostly just offense, but they need to re-find that 'bulldog' mindset they finished last season with on the defensive end & hitting the glass.

Until they do that, they're gonna probably struggle mightily against the highest end of the competition (vs Duke, ISU, Wisconsin, and the majority of the rest of the B1G) like they did vs TCU Saturday night. If the Hawks offense gets shut down with physical defense, they need to be ready to do the same to the opposition.

And need to do that vs lesser competition, too. Get the practice in for the tougher comp. Physical D wins games in the current NCAA landscape. I don't like that basketball has turned into almost as much of a contact sport as football and wrestling, but it has.

Adjust or flounder.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ree4
Ogundele going to feel like a mountain out there tonight.
Not a game that favors Josh, there guards will cause him all kinds of problems. Unless they delay the game, the Maryland/Louisville game will run over by 5 to 10 minutes.

ADVERTISEMENT