ADVERTISEMENT

Get down, Coach!

Cool pic. Not to be “that guy,” and this will probably be an unpopular post, but I hope the team isn’t riding too high after the game today. For us fans, yes, awesome. But they have a game in two days and have far from arrived. It’s easy to have a letdown when you expend yourself emotionally... especially given the lack of success in the “second game” historically for Iowa under Fran. Stay in the zone and treat it like a business trip. JMO

Cool pic. Not to be “that guy,” and this will probably be an unpopular post, but I hope the team isn’t riding too high after the game today. For us fans, yes, awesome. But they have a game in two days and have far from arrived. It’s easy to have a letdown when you expend yourself emotionally... especially given the lack of success “second game” historically for Iowa under Fran. Stay in the zone and treat it like a business trip. JMO

Couldn't agree more!!! Yes you won your 1st Round Tourney game and it's nice to get that small monkey off your back. BUT you've been here before, now it's time to take it to ANOTHER level and take down beatable Tennessee. Get to the 2nd weekend of this thing? THEN you can start dancing a little bit more.

Couldn't agree more!!! Yes you won your 1st Round Tourney game and it's nice to get that small monkey off your back. BUT you've been here before, now it's time to take it to ANOTHER level and take down beatable Tennessee. Get to the 2nd weekend of this thing? THEN you can start dancing a little bit more.
Right. Celebrate when you’ve got an entire week to prepare for the next game

Reactions: Moral
Cool pic. Not to be “that guy,” and this will probably be an unpopular post, but I hope the team isn’t riding too high after the game today. For us fans, yes, awesome. But they have a game in two days and have far from arrived. It’s easy to have a letdown when you expend yourself emotionally... especially given the lack of success in the “second game” historically for Iowa under Fran. Stay in the zone and treat it like a business trip. JMO

I agree and I get what you’re saying. The goal hasn’t been reached yet. Enjoy the win, it’s a big win, but get ready for Tennessee who will come knocking sooner than you think.

Odds are, that’s probably where they’re at right now. Go Hawks.

Reactions: unoHawkeye

Yeah, don’t be that guy. Let them have fun immediately following the game then it’s back to business. The emotion of the moment was still fresh so they celebrated as we all should .

Good idea, don't be that guy

why shouldn't they celebrate their win? That is crazy!!

ANY 10 seed overlooking a 2 seed would be nuts.....HIGHLY doubt they are getting cocky.

Yeah, don’t be that guy. Let them have fun immediately following the game then it’s back to business. The emotion of the moment was still fresh so they celebrated as we all should .
My comment wasn’t specifically related to that pic. Of course be happy and celebrate the win immediately following the win. Based on my own experience and sports viewing it’s easy to get too high and set yourself up for a letdown. All I was saying

why shouldn't they celebrate their win? That is crazy!!

ANY 10 seed overlooking a 2 seed would be nuts.....HIGHLY doubt they are getting cocky.
I’m not saying don’t celebrate - just not to let yourself get too high after the win

But appreciate the feedback. In the future I will not be “that guy” :)

tenor.gif

I disagree to a point. They should celebrate for a few hours/rest of today. Coaches were surely watching Tennessee today, will break down what they've seen and put together a plan. Tomorrow is all business.

Today is for celebrating and relaxing. Tomorrow, start getting ready mentally and do some scouting prep. Sunday, the Hawks will need to play their most focused and physical game of the year. UT has some great players, but they can be beaten.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT