ADVERTISEMENT

Get Kaleb Brown the ball please

Nagarunja

All-Conference
May 1, 2009
Clearly the most fluid athlete we have at WR and he's going to be targeted one time a game? I just don't get it. Can he somehow not be trusted because of his little dust-up with the law? Is Northwestern's 3rd string WR from last year (no offense Gill you've been fine) really going to be the downfield threat now?

Clearly the most fluid athlete we have at WR and he's going to be targeted one time a game? I just don't get it. Can he somehow not be trusted because of his little dust-up with the law? Is Northwestern's 3rd string WR from last year (no offense Gill you've been fine) really going to be the downfield threat now?
When that athlete learns to catch with his hands I'll agree with you.

Good luck. We're back to "Kirk doesn't make mistakes" narrative thanx to the awesomeness of a 2-1 record.
BTW, it's not Brown vs Gill ... it's Brown AND Gill as starters. Reece was unimpressive yesterday. Which isn't even his fault, he's a true freshman who should be riding the bench behind those with experience and talent.

There are some people that are just miserable. They find the worst outcome in every situation. Sad for them but no longer take the bait.
You would think, at some point, it would just get old. The constant negativity, repeating the same bullshit with every post.

I never thought of myself as all that positive when it comes to KF. But in this place, I feel like I’m a sunshine pumper. I absolutely can see how some posters (who are always attacked as “apologists” or whatever else) have grown tired of this place.

This is the dilemma with "the Beacon" boards. I journeyed around the other boards. Came back here because the traffic is heavier, although much is the bitter enders that just hate Ferentz, like they will hate the coach after Kirk Ferentz. So with a less confrontational resolution, I'm back to where I started.

Need Wetjen out there too as much as possible. Have a bad feeling Kirk is doing Kirk things regarding that.
I disagree. Returning kicks and the occasional jet sweep is his ceiling imo. He's fast but can't create separation because he's so short and has short arms for his height.

Need Wetjen out there too as much as possible. Have a bad feeling Kirk is doing Kirk things regarding that.
Yyyyyyyep. And our current TE group aren't athletic NFL material like the TE's we've had in years past. Even when they manage a catch, their YAC is non-existant. They're just too slow. We should have Gill and Wetjen out there as much as possible. Refs are not calling secondary holds like they used to either, so being slow is a double whammy. Only players fast enough to run away from defenders can avoid being held.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT