ADVERTISEMENT

Ghislaine Maxwell sentenced to 20 years in prison

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
Ghislaine Maxwell, who was convicted last year of trafficking young sexual abuse victims to financier Jeffrey Epstein over the course of a decade, on Tuesday was sentenced to 20 years in prison.

Federal prosecutors had asked Judge Alison J. Nathan to give Maxwell, 60, at least a 30-year sentence for what they described as her “instrumental” role in a conspiracy to peddle female victims to Epstein — at his Palm Beach, Fla., home, his Manhattan mansion, his New Mexico ranch, and his private island in the Caribbean from 1994 to 2004.
“In her wake, Maxwell left her victims permanently scarred with emotional and psychological injuries,” prosecutors wrote in a June 22 court filing. “That damage can never be undone, but it can be accounted for in crafting a just sentence for Maxwell’s crimes.”

But Nathan said sentencing guidelines suggest a shorter sentence, roughly between 15 and 19 years. After hearing from Maxwell’s victims and Maxwell herself, she imposed a sentence of 240 months, or 20 years.

Survivors arrive to give statements at Maxwell sentencing
0:51

Two survivors of convicted sex trafficker Ghislaine Maxwell spoke outside the courthouse on June 28 prior to Maxwell‘s sentencing proceeding in New York. (Video: Reuters)
Ghislaine Maxwell convicted of trafficking girls for Jeffrey Epstein
Epstein died in jail in 2019 while awaiting trial on sex trafficking and related counts. His death, which was ruled a suicide, sparked a Justice Department probe and prompted dozens of women who said Epstein abused them to declare that they were robbed of justice. Maxwell was indicted a year later.
In a sentencing submission this month, Maxwell’s legal team argued she should not be given significant prison time “as if she were a proxy for Epstein simply because Epstein is no longer here.”

“It would be a travesty of justice for her to face a sentence that would have been appropriate for Epstein,” the filing states.

Epstein pleaded guilty in 2008 to a state charge of procuring a minor for prostitution and served about a year of jail time in Florida, with extensive release privileges. His plea deal came under scrutiny years later, following a Miami Herald investigation that documented the extent of his abusive practices.
The years that followed saw lawsuits and new accusations against people in Epstein and Maxwell’s social circle — including Britain’s Prince Andrew, who settled a civil case with Epstein accuser Virginia Giuffre in March. The disgraced royal has repeatedly denied having sexual encounters with Giuffre, who alleged that she was trafficked to him by Epstein.
Prince Andrew settles sex abuse lawsuit with woman who says she was trafficked to him by Jeffrey Epstein
Epstein’s federal indictment in New York was viewed as a second chance for his victims to see him face substantial criminal consequences. After his death, investigators turned their attention to Maxwell, who had long been rumored to be involved in Epstein’s sexual abuse of girls and young women.

Prosecutors called it “absurd and offensive” that Maxwell, who was Epstein’s romantic partner for years, believes she’s a scapegoat.
Maxwell recruited and groomed teenagers for Epstein, who expected multiple daily massages at home from young women who were not professional masseuses and who were pressured into engaging in sexual conduct with him during the encounters, according to evidence presented at Maxwell’s trial.
She sought out troubled young women, often from unstable homes, who were enticed by a promise of easy money, prosecutors say. In some cases, she had sexual contact with the victims herself — apparently grooming them for sessions with Epstein for which they were paid hundreds in cash per visit.

Maxwell arranged travel and lodging for some girls, prosecutors say, and took an interest in their lives while presenting herself as a friendly, trustworthy older woman.

Three women will be allowed to make statements at the sentencing, and five others have been permitted to provide written statements for the judge to consider.
Ghislaine Maxwell trial: Another woman describes being groomed for Epstein
In addition to their romantic relationship, Maxwell played a role in managing Epstein’s homes and lifestyle.
Her lawyers have said that she was not an active participant in Epstein’s abuse and that she deserves leniency because she, too, was vulnerable when she met Epstein after her father, Robert Maxwell, a controversial media mogul, died under suspicious circumstances. Maxwell also had a troubled childhood, the lawyers have said, describing years of absentee parenting and trauma over the death of one of her older brothers.

“The Court cannot heal the wounds caused by Epstein by heaping on Ms. Maxwell’s shoulders the pain of every one of his victims, the outrage of society, the public scorn of the community, and then driving her out of the community forever,” the attorneys said in their submission.

They also submitted letters from people listing Maxwell’s positive qualities. A handwritten note from Tatiana Venegas, 31, a fellow inmate at the Metropolitan Detention Center in Brooklyn, describes Maxwell as a friendly person who has volunteered to teach yoga and English to some of her bunk mates.
Maxwell, through her counsel, has lodged frequent complaints about her detention — accusing jail administrators of subjecting her to overly restrictive levels of monitoring and keeping her in solitary confinement, which Maxwell’s attorneys have said was a reaction to the failure of the Bureau of Prisons to keep Epstein alive in custody.
Recently, Maxwell’s attorneys complained that she was needlessly moved to a suicide-watch area where she has been unable to review documents related to her sentencing.

61b108e8ada6d300186c9b53

20 years for pimping.
Minneapolis police officer gets 3 years for murdering unarmed woman for calling police.
Seems about right….
I'm not a huge fan (or enemy) of the blue, but isn't pimping an understatement? I haven't been following her case. Was there no proof she knew about the minors? If she had any knowledge about the trafficking of minors, I don't see how 20 years is a problem under the status quo.

She was not even a thing until Epstein was murdered.

Those girls sued Epstein a couple of times, I believe and seemed to feel that they could tap that source until the end of time. I suspect they were blackmailing him in addition to suing him. When he died, all eyes immediately started to look around for another money pot and by then they knew how to play the part of abused teenage girls to perfection.

Poor Ghislaine, who had lived basically a sheltered life with strong men supporting here since birth had nowhere to turn and was caught completely off-guard. She had moved to the country and was pursuing a quiet life, thinking all of this was behind her ... whatever "this" was. She was certainly not acting as if she was guilty of anything.

That sentence is a travesty.

Edit:

Names were thrown around all over the place and mostly the men involved were able to prove that they were somewhere else when this stuff was going on. Virginia Giuffre herself was willing to write all of this in a book but unwilling to come to the U.S. to testify under oath.

The super star witness who was the foundation of every allegation was absolutely unwilling to testify. Since the prosecutors who considered her an unreliable witness, were seemingly fine with this.

Last edited:
She's already decided she should be on the pardon list, if that's still in the works....

Here is a link to an HROT thread from a couple of days prior to the verdict. It brings in a Vanity Fair article from a reporter who attended the trial. This idea of charging Ghislaine came many years after this stuff had meandered through the courts, and accordingly she had never even been on a witness list for any of Epstein's cases or any of the lawsuits from any of the women involved. ... and yet, seemingly(?) she was everywhere when anything at all happened with these girls. It makes me wonder how much she was involved or more to the point if much of it even took place.

• Wow
Reactions: Joes Place
Release the names!
We already have the passenger manifests from the flights on his private jet. More correctly, the prosecutors and investigators have this stuff.

His pilot was a witness at her trial and as I recall they did not ask him about any of the people. ... Wouldn't the pilot have access to these lists? He mostly testified that no passengers were running in the aisle naked.

I am guessing the names were not all that provocative.

Convicted for sex trafficking…….who did she traffic to and why aren’t they being prosecuted?

Depending on how many she can name and provide proof, I’d knock off 1-2 months from her sentence for each. The bigger the name, the more her sentence would be reduced.
Well this guy for starters…
TELEMMGLPICT000217261641_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqpVlberWd9EgFPZtcLiMQfyf2A9a6I9YchsjMeADBa08.jpeg

I would have been even more generous, offering up immunity from prosecution if she could serve all the scum bags up on a silver platter.

Is she going to give any names or just mysteriously die in prison?

Oh, just someone always looking for something wrong with us, to justify their own failings.

(I really don’t know if this is fair but am so disgusted with so many of this ilk.)

Is it possible that you're always looking for this scenario - regardless if it's fair or not - and disgusted by it, to justify your own failings?

Reactions: Tom Paris
Is it possible that you're always looking for this scenario - regardless if it's fair or not - and disgusted by it, to justify your own failings?

Sure. I believe a person is either part of the solution or part of the problem. I strive to be the former. Those that are the latter make the formers’ job much harder.

But certainly it’s possible that I blame my failings on them and not myself. I don’t think I do this, but it’s possible.

Reactions: ThorneStockton
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT